New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by LNopal View Post
    see, you couldn't even make sense of the post that i did. i am here to give information to the people who wants information. i am trying to contribute the knowledge i have to the people who are interested in learning new things. now, if you think i am bragging, well, i apologize for it but i didn't mean anything. it is your perception. i just feel bad for this site to say that it is a site for pinoy motoring enthusiasts, but there's not much enthusiasm in here. all i see is DOs and DON'Ts. what kind of site and threads are these? and it is called car enthusiasts? people here should be giving suggestions and if you have opinions, then give suggestions after it.

i will recommend for you to read my post again and let me know if you have questions or two. i will be happy to answer them and will not if i don't know the answer.
    Sinabing tumigil na nga, dada ka pa rin ng dada amp. Bahala ka.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    I did check those PNP HID's, settled for PXV instead. Waste of money as renz mentioned if hindi retrofitted. Sayang lang pera.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by airolynx View Post
    First of all, many thanks to all who contributed to this thread. I appreciate the insights, positive or negative. I started this thread to gather information whether the project will be feasible or not. In the course of the time while waiting for responses, I did my own observation on the road on motorists with PNP HID kits. Indeed the glare was annoying. So here's my plan. First, i'll try and strip my front tint and see if that solves things. At some extent i'm sure that will improve my vision at night driving. The other concern will be security and privacy. To address this, i plan to insall one of those sun shades that you roll across the wind shield (similar to those found in FXs) Is that ricey? hehehehe

If that does not solve it, i'll try Osram NBs or Philipps extreme. Last resort will be to save up for projector HLs to properly install HIDs.
    I have driven the City for 2 weeks and indeed its lights are weak. I'd suggest go to the Osram nb course. Its cheaper than the xtreme
    Kasi

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    First of all, many thanks to all who contributed to this thread. I appreciate the insights, positive or negative. I started this thread to gather information whether the project will be feasible or not. In the course of the time while waiting for responses, I did my own observation on the road on motorists with PNP HID kits. Indeed the glare was annoying. So here's my plan. First, i'll try and strip my front tint and see if that solves things. At some extent i'm sure that will improve my vision at night driving. The other concern will be security and privacy. To address this, i plan to insall one of those sun shades that you roll across the wind shield (similar to those found in FXs) Is that ricey? hehehehe

If that does not solve it, i'll try Osram NBs or Philipps extreme. Last resort will be to save up for projector HLs to properly install HIDs.
    it's good to know you have a plan. whatever fits you, do it. it's your car, it's your money, and it's your liking. just be sure you do it responsibly.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by LNopal

do the research. it will do you good. i will strongly suggest read articles about retrofits and HIDs. if you think you can do it, then DIY. but be forewarned, it's not gonna be easy. i messed up a couple of pairs of HL housing before getting the job done correctly. but if you want instant gratification, then go ahead and buy a fully functional HL with projectors already installed. just be aware that the alignment might not be as good.
    I did researched about DIYing it. Kaso hindi malakas loob ko. And im not good in these kind of projects. I might end up destroying my good pair of HLs. So i think i'll just stick to my stock lamps.

Btw, huwag nalang muna kayo mag pansinan ni renzo. Pwede naman kayo mag comment sa ibang forumers, huwag lang sa isa't isa. Para matapos na.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselNUBI View Post
    I did researched about DIYing it. Kaso hindi malakas loob ko. And im not good in these kind of projects. I might end up destroying my good pair of HLs. So i think i'll just stick to my stock lamps.

Btw, huwag nalang muna kayo mag pansinan ni renzo. Pwede naman kayo mag comment sa ibang forumers, huwag lang sa isa't isa. Para matapos na.
    Knowledge is the key and i aplaud you for even taking the first step. I don't blame you if you decided against your initial idea.

With regards to the comments, it will never ever get into me. I am just being frank and truthful about my comments. It's not intended to make insults or whatever; just being right to the point. I believe we are all adults here and talking back and fort is healthy until someone start thinking otherwise.

Good luck to you and your car. Enjoy driving.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Thanks Sir LNopal and Sir Renzo for the insights! I still have not done anything on my ride as of this time. I will do more observations on the road. Most of the PNP HID Kits i see seem to use 6000k and up color temps. Those are the lights that produce bluish light. I'd like to see how a 4300k HID looks like when used plug and play on a 2009 Honda City. Screenshots appreciated. No offense meant and I don't wish to start another flame discussion.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Thanks Sir LNopal and Sir Renzo for the insights! I still have not done anything on my ride as of this time. I will do more observations on the road. Most of the PNP HID Kits i see seem to use 6000k and up color temps. Those are the lights that produce bluish light. I'd like to see how a 4300k HID looks like when used plug and play on a 2009 Honda City. Screenshots appreciated. No offense meant and I don't wish to start another flame discussion.

every thing's fine with me. i can handle it and no harm done. this thread will be very boring if not for renzo's inputs.

if i may suggest, use 3000k instead of higher ones. it is more than enough. i read somewhere the bluish light can cause more fatigue in your eyes compared to a hint of amber or white. i never had the it so i am in no position to say something more. with regards to screenshots, i don't do that kind of thingy. not my cup of tea. sorry.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Plug and Play HID Kit (not projector type) for 2009 Honda City