New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Punta ka sa uni-oil gas station. Nagbebenta sila idemitsu atf.

Castrol Import Multi-Vehicle pwede sa honda atf z1

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I have a suki dealer in Sulit (Spugen Honda Parts). I get my Honda fluids (PS, ATF, Vtec LEV Oil) from him.
    i can vouch for spugen (also of hcp). i already got several car parts from him and so far he's followed through

btw, he also sells toyota fluids afaik
    Last edited by baludoy; February 7th, 2014 at 09:11 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by chookchakchenes View Post
    Punta ka sa uni-oil gas station. Nagbebenta sila idemitsu atf.

Castrol Import Multi-Vehicle pwede sa honda atf z1
    This might work. As Idemitsu is the OEM fluid of Honda's ATF. Try your luck though.

As an update, I bought 8 liters of honda's ATF and only consumed 5. I got 3 extra, stored for more than a year now and will be used when I drain and replace the ATF. My 13 year old Civic "Dimension" is shifting flawlessly. (except for the sound shifting from P->D or P->R that can be heard from outside the cabin, I guess that's normal.)

Also agree with the other guy said, you don't have to do dialysis if there's no compelling reason. My reason behind the dialysis is the ATF fluid is smelling a little bit burnt and when you dropped some used ATF onto a white sheet of paper it is slightly color brown (more like dark red) instead of red/pink. Check your manuals on the proper maintenance of your AT, do bear in mind like all automotive fluids, it loses it's lubricating/cooling/protective properties over time/mileage.

HTH

4. Join Date
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    When there's doubt, use only Honda ATF-Z1 or ATF-DW1... even for flushing.

You really don't need to do a "dialysis" unless there's a compelling reason to (ie. flooded vehicle, extremely neglected A/T, or contaminated ATF).

You can just drain what can be drained and don't worry too much about the 30% old ATF that's trapped inside.
    wow...additional savings for me! salamat sa payo oj88!

5. Join Date
    May 2013
    thanks, guys for replying. zyphyr08, thanks for responding to my PMs.

share ko lang since honda perstaymer ako. grabe, maselan pala tong kotse na ito when it comes to fluids.

may nagsabi sa akin talyer pwede daw ang dexronIII, may nagsabi naman sa akin na friend ko who happens to own hondas all his life, might as well get OEM honda fluid kesa makaproblema ang A/T...mas magastos pa pag nasira.

wala na palang Z1, it was replaced by DW1. Sabi napagtanungan ko sa Honda Shaw, pwede ihalo ito sa existing Z1 or drian yun Z1 tapos direcho salin na yun DW1. it will take around 4 liters to refill.

It's available in Carpower, Pasay and mas mura sya kesa sa casa. I'll get my ATF their this weekend and proceed to Banawe for ATF change.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^ just DIY your atf..what sort of honda car do you have?..sa FD you only need around 3L of atf
    drain and fill..dont forget to replace the drain plug washer..

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

7. Join Date
    May 2013
    hi ozcity,

its' a civic dimension. i'm also contemplating of draining it myself to save money, pero i got it 2nd hand so im not sure if the last owner did change the atf. thats why im thinking of having a dialysis ATF change. safety precautions lang. mahal kasi pa repair ng AT. ey, thanks for the tip! anything that i need to replace aside from the drain plug washer during ATF oil change? i heard madaming upsells once nagpagawa ka na.

nice avatar hehe maka silver surfer ka ba, o maka joe satriani? hehe

8. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr08 View Post
    As an update, I bought 8 liters of honda's ATF and only consumed 5. I got 3 extra, stored for more than a year now and will be used when I drain and replace the ATF. My 13 year old Civic "Dimension" is shifting flawlessly. (except for the sound shifting from P->D or P->R that can be heard from outside the cabin, I guess that's normal.
    Bro zephyr, parang hindi complete change yung dialysis mo if you used 5 liters only, manual says 6 liters ang complete change. Anyway mukhang ayos naman AT mo, yung sakin sa mas bata by 1 year sayo, may occasional thud pag arangkada ko from stop, aside from the same sound na sinasabi mo when shifting from Park. Pina check ko yung 3 engine supports (bagong palit yung front) ayos pa naman, no visible cracks. Advise ng mechanic observe muna, it may be either may tama na nga ang supports pero di pa visible sa naked eye o baka nagsisimula na magkaproblema AT ko.

Nag-isip din ako magpa dialysis despite the fact na kapapalit ko lang ng ATF 5k kms ago and that was made at an interval of 16k kms from the previous. Kaso nung pumunta ako sa casa, 700 kesos na per liter ng DW-1

Any opinions/advise/similar experiences, co-tsikoteers?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    guys i'm not sure where to post this. My car is having a reddish fluid leak sa sahig ng garahe namin.

I just got a 2001 A/T civic dimension last sunday, pinacheck ko sa mechanic ko sa petron after ko mabili yung car. using a lifter chineck nya yung ilalim. nakita nya na kakapalit lang daw ng oil pan. tapos may mga residue na oil sa labas. All is working fine except for this leak which i found out yesterday morning. I checked my ATF and Powersteering fluid level. okay pa naman. Any inputs before i bring this to a mechanic? Thanks in advance! 20150902_1854411-.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Original/OEM Honda Automatic Transmission Fluid ATF-Z1, where to buy outside casa?