New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    anu ba mas maganda servitek offered me to replace my transmission for a new one, does anyone has an idea how much it will cost me, any tips will be appreciated thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    new or surplus?

If servitek is offering you that option, you should ask them what kind of replacement (new or surplus) and how much it would cost you so you can make an informed decision.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    new or surplus?

If servitek is offering you that option, you should ask them what kind of replacement (new or surplus) and how much it would cost you so you can make an informed decision.
    theyre offering me to canvass a surplus one but i really dont trust surplus items coz im not sure bout its durability, 32k for a new transmission kit, napamahal ba ko sir or oks lang

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    "Transmission Kit" is not a new transmission. But if done right, your old tranny can perform like a new one.

Does the 32k include the service/labor?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    "Transmission Kit" is not a new transmission. But if done right, your old tranny can perform like a new one.

Does the 32k include the service/labor?
    wala kasi akong alam sir sa mga ganun eh basta ang problem ng car ko is biglang di na lang sha humahatak then kelangan ko i off yung engine para umabante sha ulet then after 5 mins hinto na naman, they said theyl be replacing my transmission or something... 32k includes the labor sir

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I guess that's just the A/T rebuild kit. Maybe you can post here a break down of the kit so that other members can validate it.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    I guess that's just the A/T rebuild kit. Maybe you can post here a break down of the kit so that other members can validate it.

they told me that includes change oil. labor parts for overhauling including the new tranny kit do u think its well worth for a price of 32k

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    its possible to get a fresh japanese surplus D15 engine for 35K you know. a fresh, whole engine, not just tranny.

with that in perspective, i must say na ang mahal ng 32k to overhaul. a surplus tranny unit will probably be around 10-18K, add another 3K for labor and fluids and it will still be cheaper than the original quote given to you. yung ibang surplasan nga sila na magkabit, free, basta sa kanila mo kunin. basta match sa engine its not that hard to pull down the old tranny and put in the new one.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Compared to casa, 32k is cheaper. Casas would probably charge you upwards of 45k for the rebuild. But, if the rebuild is done right, your A/T can be restored to like new or near new condition. Getting surplus on the other hand presents a somewhat bigger risk. It may come out cheap at first, but it may pan out to costing you more in the future.

Besides, with the recent flooding, there's a chance that these surplus items were also submerged.

Your call.

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    check this thread...

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62978

imho, A/T rebuild is a no no in honda... yung lang perception ko, mas mura pa surplus mas sigurado ka pa. the key is to know how to get fresh surplus parts. remember, kung certified surplus from japan, you not need to worry since max life ng cars dun is 5 years. better yet know to check if the tranny is good or not. smell the oil, check the color and etc. google it my friend, search mo how to know if the tranny is defective or not.

and plus, di ka naman cgro aabutin ng 30k for a fresh tranny from japan surplus. read the whole thread, problem resolved yung nagpost diyan with the help of the tsikoteers. usually 15-20k for 2002 tranny plus labor cgro mga 25k lang lahat, give or take

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
NEED ADVICE: A/T Rebuild/Overhaul OR Replace for 2002 honda civic