New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    http://tsikot.com/forums/ford-cars-t...g-101-a-38316/ this thread will help you in your query.

There are a lot of threads about water fording. just read all of them to have a better idea.
    +1 on this.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if the water is higher than half tire huwag na ninyo ilusong. maraming gago magmaneho sa baha taxis, trucks, saka other private motorist, ang bibilis magpatakbo ng kotse kaya yun wave eh mapupunta saiyo

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    3. Choose the lowest gear appropriate and stick to it once you're in the water. Proceed at a steady pace, slow enough to avoid splashing water all throughout, but reasonably fast enough to get out of it as soon as possible. don't stop, don't change gears, if driving an M/T, foot off the clutch!
    Sorry for my ignorance but I thought dapat naka-apak sa clutch habang lumulusong?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You want it engaged, so it doesn't slip IF water gets into the transmission housing.

Best to follow OTEP's advice in the other thread... when in doubt... DON'T.

Before you go out... hell... very first thing you should do with any car, is to open the engine bay and familiarize yourself with the layout of the engine bay... particularly the air-filter. Because that tells you what's safe and not safe to cross. Most cars have a hood-level air snorkel, facing forward. This means that as long as your headlights are out of the water, you can cross... as long as trucks don't throw waves at the hood.

Some cars, including some crossovers (CR-V for one) have the air snorkel at bumper level. That means that bumper-level water is a no-no. Even if these are protected from bow-waves coming off of trucks (as in the CR-V, it's buried inside the bumper with a small air pocket to supply it if the bumper gets submerged), if you're crossing long sections of deep water, you're a dead duck come halfway.

The worst of these I've seen are on the old Lancer and the Optra... behind the bumper, open to the engine bay, facing forward. Terrible in a flood, even if the intake resonators give you some running time before the engine stops.

Safest, with the highest fording capability, are certain pickups that draw air from the inner fender to the side. This puts the snorkel out of the way of bow-waves, and gives them a big pocket of air to draw from. These will not begin sucking up large amounts of water until the water is close to your hood.

But once the water is over the hood of any car, the amount of time that you can safely run the engine is very VERY limited. And if there's a current, even water halfway up the doors can carry you away. So even if you're confident your car can make it, it's always best to err on the side of caution and find a high spot and wait out the flood.

Better a few hours late than on-time behind a tow-truck...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kotiko View Post
    Sorry for my ignorance but I thought dapat naka-apak sa clutch habang lumulusong?

As much as possible, do not step on the clutch. This is a precaution to prevent water causing your clutch to slip. Since our cars are not rugged 4x4 trucks, water may enter the clutch housing through the breather. A little water in the clutch is not a problem, a lot of water may result in issues like sliding clutch which may result in getting your car stranded in the middle of the flooded road.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    You want it engaged, so it doesn't slip IF water gets into the transmission housing.

Best to follow OTEP's advice in the other thread... when in doubt... DON'T.

Before you go out... hell... very first thing you should do with any car, is to open the engine bay and familiarize yourself with the layout of the engine bay... particularly the air-filter. Because that tells you what's safe and not safe to cross. Most cars have a hood-level air snorkel, facing forward. This means that as long as your headlights are out of the water, you can cross... as long as trucks don't throw waves at the hood.

Some cars, including some crossovers (CR-V for one) have the air snorkel at bumper level. That means that bumper-level water is a no-no. Even if these are protected from bow-waves coming off of trucks (as in the CR-V, it's buried inside the bumper with a small air pocket to supply it if the bumper gets submerged), if you're crossing long sections of deep water, you're a dead duck come halfway.

The worst of these I've seen are on the old Lancer and the Optra... behind the bumper, open to the engine bay, facing forward. Terrible in a flood, even if the intake resonators give you some running time before the engine stops.

Safest, with the highest fording capability, are certain pickups that draw air from the inner fender to the side. This puts the snorkel out of the way of bow-waves, and gives them a big pocket of air to draw from. These will not begin sucking up large amounts of water until the water is close to your hood.

But once the water is over the hood of any car, the amount of time that you can safely run the engine is very VERY limited. And if there's a current, even water halfway up the doors can carry you away. So even if you're confident your car can make it, it's always best to err on the side of caution and find a high spot and wait out the flood.

Better a few hours late than on-time behind a tow-truck...

The WORST car for Lulusong sa BAHA is the Toyota Prius, I've seen one on display at Toyota Otis when I checked under the hood.
    Smack right at the front, behind the grill/bumper is all the Electrical Hardware/Wiring/Cables for the Motor, packed with "WARNING HIGH VOLTAGE, ELECTRICAL CIRCUIT DO NOT TOUCH" stickers all at the Front of the Engine....

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    sir nangyari din po yan last Thurs napalusong ako sa baha with my M/T Honda Esi, siguro mga 3mins syang nakababad sa baha bago ko naiahon. problema ko po ngayon pag start ko kanina ng sasakyan ayaw nang umabante o umatras, parang stuck yung handbrake ganun yung pakiramdam. Nakababa naman yung handbrake, pero pag aabante o aatras, parang naiiwan yung gulong at umaangat yung kaha. ano po kayang problema nito? thanks

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    How about keeping the engine revving to keep water out of the exhaust?

Shouldn't you slip the clutch to do so? Or is the RPMs at idle enough to keep the water out of the exhaust? Tancha ko lumubog na yung muffler ko that time eh...

Experienced this last thursday sa may mandaluyong city hall. Hindi lang baha, traffic pa.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Water at that level does not have enough pressure to keep the exhaust from coming out. When it's deep enough to do that, you've got bigger problems to worry about...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by marco_c View Post
    sir nangyari din po yan last Thurs napalusong ako sa baha with my M/T Honda Esi, siguro mga 3mins syang nakababad sa baha bago ko naiahon. problema ko po ngayon pag start ko kanina ng sasakyan ayaw nang umabante o umatras, parang stuck yung handbrake ganun yung pakiramdam. Nakababa naman yung handbrake, pero pag aabante o aatras, parang naiiwan yung gulong at umaangat yung kaha. ano po kayang problema nito? thanks
    Sir I don't think it's the handbrake. maybe the rear brakes are the culprit. That happened to my friend's AE101 when he traversed Buendia. After reaching his destination, the brakes won't come off anymore.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
LULUSONG sa BAHA,ano mga kelangan gawin?