New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoy View Post
    i always thought the sticker that you stick on the windshield is more important than the stickers on the plate numbers..

after all plate covers are supposed to be illegal.. so apart from cutting the stickers with a blade.. the next best think is that the windshield registration sticker cant really be stolen unless your car is stolen.. diba.. jst my opinion..
    Di bawal ang plate covers as long as hindi smoked/tinted. And sa Makati lang nagaaply yun.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    as soon as possible make an affidavit so that if your sticker is used for anything by those who took it..you have proof that your stickers were stolen before the crime or whatever happened.

For me...someone took my stickers off of my Nissan like 2 months before I had to register the car again. The guys at LTO said it would take more than a month to fix that..and he said just use your affidavit and show it to the police if they stop you..and say they haven't replaced your stickers yet.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    also... after you place your stickers on your plates. cut some slices into the sticker so that if someone does try to take it..they only take off a piece of it..and they'll also be deterred from taking your sticker.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisKros View Post
    as soon as possible make an affidavit so that if your sticker is used for anything by those who took it..you have proof that your stickers were stolen before the crime or whatever happened.

For me...someone took my stickers off of my Nissan like 2 months before I had to register the car again. The guys at LTO said it would take more than a month to fix that..and he said just use your affidavit and show it to the police if they stop you..and say they haven't replaced your stickers yet.
    was this mean i'm going to report the incident to the LTO and request for new copies of sticker with same serial number. what would be the cost if i'm going to get one?

can i use my or/cr and show it to the police if i apprehend/stop me while driving? would this be the same as whether i make an affidavit or not? AFAIK, there's a need for an attorney to make your affidavit legal.

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    Thieves are getting creative by the day, do they?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ryel View Post
    was this mean i'm going to report the incident to the LTO and request for new copies of sticker with same serial number. what would be the cost if i'm going to get one?

can i use my or/cr and show it to the police if i apprehend/stop me while driving? would this be the same as whether i make an affidavit or not? AFAIK, there's a need for an attorney to make your affidavit legal.
    first thing first...

ninakaw yung sticker... its larceny (theft)...
    report to LTO... its a must, those stickers are registered under your car's MV file and its use, other than your car, is prohibited.
    or/cr in lieu of sticker... it depends on the apprehending officer but the safest way to avoid inconvenience is to report it (the fact of loss) ahead..
    use of affidavit... affidavit is useless if you have not filed it with LTO but, again, it depends on the officer (which i doubt)...
    need of an atty... everyone can make his own affidavit, the only time you need a lier (i mean lawyer) is when you cant draft your own affidavit or for its notarization...
    atty = notary public... not necessarily correct. there are lawyers who are not commissioned or authorized to notarize documents. on the other hand, a notary public must be a lawyer... HTH

regards..

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I didn't know you can simply steal LTO plate sticker... maitry nga.. hehe...

Kidding aside, this is the first time I've heard of this incident. Ang desperado naman ng nagnakaw

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ryel View Post

Affidavits are cheap. like P150 maybe less. There are notarizers at the LTO. it takes less than 10 minutes for them to write you one up.
    Give a copy to your LTO so they know..and try to have them get you new ones. While they're working on getting you new ones just keep copies of your OR/CR with you, and a copy of your affidavit.
    But yea..You can show the cops for now your OR/CR til you get your affidavit.
    The affidavit, I just used it just in case the police gave me crap about not having stickers. I was never caught or stopped though for the 2 months I didn't have stickers on my car.

Or better yet, try to also get a police report at your local police station for extra backup.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    solution: magnakaw ka ng LTO plate sticker sa mall parking lot tas kabit mo sa car mo. yaan mo iba ang mamroblema hehe

joke lang po! :D

10. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    since my OR/CR ka naman, mag-print ka na lang ng sticker, pa scan mo sa karbarkada mo na meyroon tapos pa-print mo then lagyan mo ng plate covers

hindi na checkin yun, kasi legal ka naman in the 1st place

pupunta ka ng LTO sobrang hassle yan

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
LTO plate sticker NINAKAW!!!