New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by r1chm0nd View Post
    Hi sir, what should I do to get the rust out of my radiator? Is it one of the reasons kung bakit nagbabawas ng tubig from the reservoir?
    Complete flush-out pagawa mo sa mga gasoline station. Bring your own distilled water, yung tig-P30 na blue gallon tank. Tapos sa kanila ka na bumili ng coolant. Posible kasi na magbara yan in the future and mas malaking gastos. Yung radiator mo baka may singaw na.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    may leak yan sir for sure. tingnan nyo ang upper part ng rad kung may basa pati ang upper rad hose. kapa-in po ninyo yung lower part ng rad at hose kung may basa rin. jack the car para di kayo mahirapan. tingnan ang mga bypass hose kung may basa malapit sa thermostat housing. pati yung mga nasa iacv na maliliit na hose. check it early in the morning para malamig ang makina at para visible talaga mga leak. hth

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by D15B View Post
    may leak yan sir for sure. tingnan nyo ang upper part ng rad kung may basa pati ang upper rad hose. kapa-in po ninyo yung lower part ng rad at hose kung may basa rin. jack the car para di kayo mahirapan. tingnan ang mga bypass hose kung may basa malapit sa thermostat housing. pati yung mga nasa iacv na maliliit na hose. check it early in the morning para malamig ang makina at para visible talaga mga leak. hth
    I always check it every morning.. I don't see any leaks bro.. Kinapa ko mga hoses and they don't seem to be wet..

Do you guys now any reputable radiator shops? Ayoko sana pmunta sa mga kanto kanto radiator shops coz they might point something is broken but in reality it isn't.

How much is the labor for flushing the radiator? How manly liters of distilled water should I bring and how many bottles of coolant?

As of now I'm using the Petron Coolant.

Do you think I should already bring it to a radiator shop? D naman po ako nag ooverheat eh.. I'm on a tight budget rin kasi hehe..!!

Thanks guys!!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    I always check it every morning.. I don't see any leaks bro.. Kinapa ko mga hoses and they don't seem to be wet..

Do you guys now any reputable radiator shops? Ayoko sana pmunta sa mga kanto kanto radiator shops coz they might point something is broken but in reality it isn't.

How much is the labor for flushing the radiator? How manly liters of distilled water should I bring and how many bottles of coolant?

As of now I'm using the Petron Coolant.

Do you think I should already bring it to a radiator shop? D naman po ako nag ooverheat eh.. I'm on a tight budget rin kasi hehe..!!

Thanks guys!!
    Kung walang leak, saan napupunta ang coolant mo? baka me crack na ang block mo.wag naman sana susginoo...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by raycon_24 View Post
    may leak sa mga dulo ng radiator hoses mo gaya ng sa akin, maluwag mga clamp kaya unti unting nag babawas di mo ma papansin kasi agad agad nag eevaporate ...or worn out na mga radiator hoses at yung bypass hose..
    Sir since you had a similar problem like mine, what did you do to address the issue? What were the parts that you replaced? How much was the cost?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by desert fox View Post
    Kung walang leak, saan napupunta ang coolant mo? baka me crack na ang block mo.wag naman sana susginoo...
    waaaaahhh.. i hope not.. malala na ata tlaga yun diba? BTW what block are you talking about? the engine block? I don't think that's the case because oil is not mixing with the coolant naman...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Sir since you had a similar problem like mine, what did you do to address the issue? What were the parts that you replaced? How much was the cost?

palit ako rad hose both upper and lower saka bypass hose 1k php including labor.......... if i where you just bring your car to the nearest radiator repair shop ang have them check your cooling system for leaks

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    I forgot to mention what happened yesterday.

In the morning, I refilled my reservoir up to the MAX indicator and the radiator itself. I even spilled some coolant outside the radiator so I think punong puno na yun hehe..!

I drove from our place to the office. Distance was 6 - 7km. After turning the engine off, I popped up the hood to check the reservoir. It lost a bit of coolant, mas mababa na siya sa MAX level.

Then some gimik...

Drove someone home, kinda traffic.. some bumper to bumper instances.. temp gauge went a bit above midway pero hindi naman abot 3/4, then back to mid.

This morning, I checked the reservoir.. Ubos ang laman.. 40 kilometers ang tinakbo ko.

What do you think guys? I hope my explanation is detailed enough

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Check your oil dipstick or oil cap for "pinkish milo"!

If you excessively emit white smoke, chances are it's a worn out cylinder head gasket!

Your coolant mixes with the oil, gets burned in the chamber, hence the white smoke!

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by isa1023 View Post
    Check your oil dipstick or oil cap for "pinkish milo"!

If you excessively emit white smoke, chances are it's a worn out cylinder head gasket!

Your coolant mixes with the oil, gets burned in the chamber, hence the white smoke!

Haven't checked the dipstick again, but last time I check, it's dark brown in color..

Haven't checked if I emit white smoke out of the exhaust recently but last time I checked, it emits colorless smoke.. everything looks normal naman.. Usually kasi after I start my engine, drive away na.. hehe.. BTW, does the white smoke come out from the start? or do I have to use my car for a bit?

Will check both of this tomorrow.. Thanks!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Leak or Not? =(