New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_rex
    yes, especially the Fortuner has a diesel variant... but then who knows, Honda might bring in this Pilot in a diesel variant too.

The Honda Pilot, is only offered with one engine, a 255hp(244bhp SAE) 3.5 liter SOHC V6 i-VTEC engine.
    Its currently being built in two plants, Honda Manufacturing of Alabama in Lincoln, Alabama, and Honda Canada Manufacturing in Alliston, Ontario.

Quote Originally Posted by larshell
    Around 1.6M-1.8M daw ang price range sabi ng agent nakausap ko
    Can they really price it that low? If they can, it must be the base FWD model.
    I think P1.8M-P2.2M is more realistic.

The base FWD Pilot LX costs $27K, the AWD Pilot EX with leather seats costs $33K.
    If you're wondering how expensive that is, its in the same price range as the Nissan Murano and Ford Explorer...
    Other than its higher price, its a cross-over SUV, so its far from being a Fortuner competitor.
    In the US market, the Honda Pilot's direct Toyota competitor is the mid-size Highlander(aka Kluger) crossover SUV.

2006 Toyota Highlander
    Last edited by AG4; March 6th, 2006 at 10:19 PM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    compare nyo pa yan pilot sa Fortuner? i raher buy a revo than to buy that car. revo is more apealing.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jade888
    ...And lastly, please check how many awards the Honda Pilot has won internationally including awards from JD Powers, Motor Trend, Car and Driver, etc etc (it beat all other SUVs' in the world). So Hello......how can you even compare the two. Just the truth.
    You said international, you only mentioned American companies and publications.

But I do agree the two are not in the same class. One is made to fit North Americans and the other is sized for Asians.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by letranboy
    compare nyo pa yan pilot sa Fortuner? i raher buy a revo than to buy that car. revo is more apealing.
    fox: "those grapes are probably sour anyway!"

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Lol Lol Lol!!!!!!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I saw one yesterday. Ang laki pala ng pilot and I think its even bigger than the fortuner.

I dont think it is proper to compare the two since both belong to different classes. The pilot with a 3.0 v6 * 247hp maiwanan talaga fortuner.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by usokpower View Post
    I saw one yesterday. Ang laki pala ng pilot and I think its even bigger than the fortuner.

I dont think it is proper to compare the two since both belong to different classes. The pilot with a 3.0 v6 * 247hp maiwanan talaga fortuner.
    it's true maiwan talaga ang Fortuner sa presyo pa lang ang layo na ng Honda Pilot abot langit na * 2.6M

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    1million extra? I will still get the fortuner over it...IMO ganda pa rin exterior design nung fortuner kahit hindi set up, malakas nga yung engine pero city ako palagi so cant use its full potential, maybe yung interior lang ang gusto ko pero sa 1M n presyo? fortuner parin...2.5D4D na lng mas mura pa hahahaha
    at gasoline pa ginagamit? mwehehehe wag na lng diesel parin ako thats my practical side

pero if you have the money to burn well ok din kasi rare sa street makikita compare sa fortuner just set it up yung exterior, put biggest wheel you can fit, lower it, and of course body kit

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Maganda sana kung sa maganda kaso ang mahal, ang nagpamahal tax hindi features kaya sayang lang sa pera. At sa may pambili andami naman neto kakompetisyon, sa prado vs pilot thread lamang prado. May bagong labas pa na Pajero at magagandang korean brands.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tambutsoo View Post
    it's true maiwan talaga ang Fortuner sa presyo pa lang ang layo na ng Honda Pilot abot langit na * 2.6M
    talagang maiiwan ng Pilot ang Fortuner, pang-lipad ang Pilot eh

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Honda Pilot