New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Parang kahawig ng Pilot yung Mitsu Endeavor but the Endeavor has the edge in the looks and ruggedness, imo.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my sis has one. it really does drive like a big CR-V.

imo Honda really nailed this one. it's a wonderful vehicle. it's the only 7-seater in the US that can seat adults comfortably that's small enough to be driveable. power and torque are better than adequate for US freeways, and driving dynamics are decent and typically Honda. only thing i didn't like was that i thought the brakes were pathetic (much worse than those on my heavier Touareg)

comparisons with the Fortuner? well, uuwi siya next month so i'll ask her to give me her impressions when she drives my dad's Fortuner over there...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered
    my sis has one. it really does drive like a big CR-V.
    thanks for the info sir *M54 Powered. this car is something to look forward to then. yan lang ang pinakaantay kung comment for a medium sized SUV. when I let go of 1st gen CRV to my brod, sabi ko sa sarili ko kung mag-aspire din lang ako bumili ng bigger SUV, yun katulad din ng CRV ang ride but bigger.

this is bigger di'ba bigger than the fortuner? I like the looks, I prefer pa din rugged boxy type SUV.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    pilot has a far more comfortable ride than the crv, na-drive ko na silang dalawa

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    thanks for the info sir *M54 Powered. this car is something to look forward to then. yan lang ang pinakaantay kung comment for a medium sized SUV. when I let go of 1st gen CRV to my brod, sabi ko sa sarili ko kung mag-aspire din lang ako bumili ng bigger SUV, yun katulad din ng CRV ang ride but bigger.

this is bigger di'ba bigger than the fortuner? I like the looks, I prefer pa din rugged boxy type SUV.
    sir, hindi ko pa nakikita in person yung Fortuner, but the Pilot is a very roomy (not really 'big' from the outside) vehicle. 3 forward facing seat rows with lotsa space for the 1st 2 rows and decent legroom for the 3rd. plenty of storage spaces, a/c vents for all passengers, and a really comfortable ride.

with the V6 it does feel a lot more powerful than the CRV (even though it's much bigger), pero pareho yung driving and ride characteristics imho.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 109
    pilot has a far more comfortable ride than the crv, na-drive ko na silang dalawa
    chief, i meant drive, not ride. meaning the power curve, handling, etc.

imo the pilot drives like a much smaller SUV. i agree that the Pilot has a very comfortable ride.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    my brother-in-law has one, and like M54 said, it drives a lot smaller than its size and is very roomy and comfortable. medyo vanilla bland ang styling pero enough people liked it to make it one of the best selling large SUVs in the US. also, car and driver named it best large sport-utility vehicle four consecutive years!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I got a 04 Honda Pilot with 23,000 miles now. No problem, not even a glitch.
    It was voted " BEST IN CLASS " To have that title in a place flooded with SUV , well you can tell what it's made of. It may not be a real off roader but overall i dont think Fortuner is even close to it.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Hi! How can you people even compare an unknown Toyota Fortuner to an internationally acclaimed & respected Honda Pilot? Its like comparing Anna Kournikova (Toyota Fortuner) to Maria Sharapova (Honda Pilot).

Anna Kournikova (Toyota Fortuner) - good looks, good body, but has not won anything in the real international world. She's all looks but really has no talent or abilities to win anything. Not worth the time and wait.

Maria Sharapova (Honda Pilot) - Great Looks and Great Body, and has actually won internaitonal competitions. She has proven to the whole world that she has the face, the body, and the abilities to compete with the best of the world.

Believe me, I have riden and driven both the Fortuner (here in the Phils.) and the Honda Pilot (when I was in San Francisco last year). I really don't know how you can even compare the two. They are leagues apart. Those people who thinks that the Fortuner is in the same class as a Honda Pilot must be living in their own small dream. No offense.

And lastly, please check how many awards the Honda Pilot has won internationally including awards from JD Powers, Motor Trend, Car and Driver, etc etc (it beat all other SUVs' in the world). So Hello......how can you even compare the two. Just the truth.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    am drooling already hehehe

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Honda Pilot