New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 100 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdude View Post
    The highest trim which is the RS is priced alreadt at 967k. It has spoiler and skirts all around, with different grill in front and a 7 inch multi touch radio, etc if i remember it correctly.

The lowest variant is the manual priced at 807k.
    I doubt this will outsell the innova.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    It might not but Its pricing is interesting. It provides a very compelling choice versus other cars at that price range.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Kung vs sedan ang labanan, then i think mobilio is a very good off field choice. Kung versus mpv's ang labanan, then i think mahihirapan majustify ang cost ng mobilio. For the its base price, halos ka level nya na ang avanza at ertiga totl. Yung totl na mobilio is very close naman sa innova.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Kung vs sedan ang labanan, then i think mobilio is a very good off field choice. Kung versus mpv's ang labanan, then i think mahihirapan majustify ang cost ng mobilio. For the its base price, halos ka level nya na ang avanza at ertiga totl. Yung totl na mobilio is very close naman sa innova.
    Innova E diesel manual.

997k lang yun.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    I think there's a market for this car.. those looking for a 'better' alternative to the avanza.. It's like your everyday commuter choosing the city over the vios heheh. Surprisingly, lot of people still see Honda as 'high end'.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Honda did with the Mobilio what they did with the City, in terms of pricing.

They knew that their offering was better than the competition (noone would argue that the City VX is inferior to the Vios G), so they priced it slightly higher, but still not as high as the mid-range of the next class (Altis G).

Likewise, I think the Mobilio is better than the Avanza and Ertiga. At 877k for the mid-range AT, it's priced exactly the same as the Avanza G, and still much cheaper than the Innova E.

People saying that pricing is too close to an Innova don't seem to understand that 100k is still 100k, and you're only getting a manual. Many people these days won't be caught dead driving stick - either because they don't know how, or are no longer willing to endure the inconvenience given the heavy metro traffic.

Unlike the Avanza, which still feels very utilitarian, the Mobilio is a more refined family hauler, more like a Grand Livina. Hopefully, Honda tuned the L15 well enough to deliver more torque in the low revs. They were able to do it with the CR-V and its K20 lifted from the Civic, albeit at the expense of very poor FC. The CVT of Honda has proven very efficient though, and hopefully it stays that way despite the added bulk.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
    I think there's a market for this car.. those looking for a 'better' alternative to the avanza.. It's like your everyday commuter choosing the city over the vios heheh. Surprisingly, lot of people still see Honda as 'high end'.
    True Honda will invent the high-end Avanza. This is best for families I think. But for me, ertiga na Lang Kung familia. At least nakatipid ka pa ng 200k+. Cars like these are not exactly prestigious whether they try to convince their inner selves otherwise. For me soccer mom cars are soccer mom cars.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    True Honda will invent the high-end Avanza. This is best for families I think. But for me, ertiga na Lang Kung familia. At least nakatipid ka pa ng 200k+. Cars like these are not exactly prestigious whether they try to convince their inner selves otherwise. For me soccer mom cars are soccer mom cars.
    Even subcompacts aren't prestigious, but people still consider the better image of a City over a Vios or any other subcompact.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Honda did with the Mobilio what they did with the City, in terms of pricing.

They knew that their offering was better than the competition (noone would argue that the City VX is inferior to the Vios G), so they priced it slightly higher, but still not as high as the mid-range of the next class (Altis G).

Likewise, I think the Mobilio is better than the Avanza and Ertiga. At 877k for the mid-range AT, it's priced exactly the same as the Avanza G, and still much cheaper than the Innova E.

People saying that pricing is too close to an Innova don't seem to understand that 100k is still 100k, and you're only getting a manual. Many people these days won't be caught dead driving stick - either because they don't know how, or are no longer willing to endure the inconvenience given the heavy metro traffic.

Unlike the Avanza, which still feels very utilitarian, the Mobilio is a more refined family hauler, more like a Grand Livina. Hopefully, Honda tuned the L15 well enough to deliver more torque in the low revs. They were able to do it with the CR-V and its K20 lifted from the Civic, albeit at the expense of very poor FC. The CVT of Honda has proven very efficient though, and hopefully it stays that way despite the added bulk.
    Practicality wise, buying the Innova, even the J Diesel variant, is a wiser choice. Space, availability of parts and mechanics, and bang for the buck. Sa dami ba namang nabentang D4D dito sa Pilipinas eh.

But, we will see. Aggressive marketing may yet propel this unit far, hopefully. Para maiba naman hehehe

Sana lang may pang 4th contender na pumasok. Nawala na Spin eh.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Ride quality and gearing for city, the Mobilio wins.

Pero, is that enough to justify the price?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ride quality and gearing for city, the Mobilio wins.

Pero, is that enough to justify the price?