New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    [SIZE=3]I am basically a new car owner. And ever since, I've always told myself that if ever I will have a car, it will be HONDA, RED in color. God was very gracious to let me realize this dream. September this year, I got the City 2009 in Habanero Red, no less. I got the unit from Honda Alabang. Hassle-free. Up to the 1st Month Check-Up, everything went smoothly.

Unfortunately, a month after I got my car, I had an accident which resulted to a damage from the trunklid down to the rear bumper. This time, I decided to have the repair at Honda Manila. And that's when my trauma started. I should have followed my instinct the 1st time I called them up and I chanced upon an Service Advisor (SA) who wasn't so keen on being attentive to my concerns. But nonetheless, I went ahead and advised my insurance (Mapfre) to issue the LOA to Honda Manila.

December 2, Wednesday, I brought my car to Honda Manila for the body repair. Their commitment was that they would have it ready for release 10 working days after. In turn, I clearly stated that I need to have my car back by December 16. Give or take, this was more than their 10-day commitment. Also, I was assigned to a different SA, for which, I was partly thankful, since this new guy seems to be more accommodating than the 1st one. And so the saga continued...

By December 10, I called them up and made a follow up on the status of my car's repair. I was told by the SA that they would be faxing that very day, to Mapfre an advance copy of billing and everything so that Mapfre will be able to process the check already. You see, Honda Manila has a policy of "Cheque upon release" nowadays. They said this policy was put in place because of their experiences with Ondoy damaged cars. I clearly understand where they are coming from on this matter.

In short, just to ensure that my car will be released on December 16, I have volunteered to coordinate with Mapfre myself. I asked my SA to give me feedback when he has provided them the advance copies already and I will be the one to make "pakiusap" to expedite the processing of my check. And I did just that. Given that Honda Manila faxed the documents on Monday, December 14, by the following day, Mapfre gave me the commitment that the check can be picked up on Wednesday, December 16 at 11am. All these information were duly relayed to my SA.

December 16. For one reason or the other, Honda Manila DID NOT SEND THEIR MESSENGER TO PICK UP THE CHECK FROM MAPFRE! My SA's reason? Mapfre didn't send them a fax copy of the check. Verification I made with Mapfre gave a different result. Check was faxed to Honda Manila early in the morning and were given a confirmation that the fax was duly received. So, for the life of me, I don't know how in the hell my SA wasn't able to see that fax copy! I finally lost my cool at this point. I issued my ultimatum to Honda Manila that I NEED MY CAR TODAY! DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS BECAUSE IT WASN'T MY FAULT. I did what I could already to help them. It was time that HONDA MANILA do theirs! All day of December 16, I was kept in limbo. I texted my SA if my car will be released and all I got as a reply was "Ginagawan ho namin ng paraan". WTF???!!! I called them up, SEVERAL times. But for whatever reason, I couldn't get hold my SA anymore, not even their Insurance coordinator (whose job, by the way, I have already performed). Finally, I decided to talk to their Customer Relations. She was gracious, accomodating and symphatetic enough when I have finished telling her my story. She promised that she would look into the matter and will call me again after 15 minutes.

15 minutes after, I did get a call, but not from the CSR, but from a certain ERICK. Who introduced himself as a "Supervisor" (of what? I don't know. Maybe of their Garbage Disposal Unit). Basically, all he said was, "Ma'm sorry po, hinihingi ko po ang pang-unawa nyo, kasi hindi ko po talaga mare-release ang unit until tomorrow afternoon, kasi wala pong cheke". To which I replied, "May cheke yan, hindi nyo lang na-pick up. Hindi ko na siguro kasalanan naman yun. Erick, nakikiusap na ako sa iyo. Kanina pa ako naha-harass sa kaka-antay kung mare-release nyo ang kotse ko, tapos ngaun halos 5pm na sasbihin nyo sa kin yan? Eh hindi ko nman kasalanan na hindi pina-pick up yung checke, kasi hindi nakita ng SA ko yung faxed copy ng cheke". Eto ang sagot nun Erick na gusto ko na mag tumbling, "eh ma'am, kaya nga po hinihingi ko po ang pang-unawa nyo, kasi yung messenger namin, hindi po kasi nakapasok yung messenger namin, kasi may sakit."

Huh???!!! This time, their messenger is sick that's why the check was not picked up? Anu yan?! Covering their asses??! Eh nagsabi na yung SA ko na sya ang hindi nagpapunta ng messenger sa Mapre! Naman! Sukdulan na! Gawin ba akong tanga?! Pagsinunganlingan ba ako?! By this time, I was already in tears. As in! Sa pikon, sa inis, sa galit. My conversation with this Supervisor Erick went nowhere. He insisted to stick with their policy! And even told me this, in a sarcastic tone "Eh, ma'am kayo ho, kung gusto nyo ho i-elevate yung complaint nyo, sige po" I asked to speak to his boss, hoping that I could appeal my case. But all this Supervisor Erick did was to put me on hold and after 3 minutes, the phone was just put down.

I called them again, this time, my call was picked up by a certain Benedict. As with the CSR, he was symphatetic and really apologizing for all the bad treatment I got. While he was talking to me, he called my SA in another line confirming my case with the SA. And guess what? When Benedict got back to me, this is what he said to me, "Ma'm, sabi po ni Roderick, inabonohan na po pala nya yung cheke, so pwede na pong marelease ang kotse nyo ngaun". Again, WTF????!!! Ay, grabe! grabe ang Honda Manila. I cannot think of another polite word to describe their indescribable service other than "GRABE". Ganito ba talaga ang mga Honda Service Centers pag sa ibang Honda Dealer mo nabili ang car mo? Gusto ko lang malinawan.

After this experience, I felt traumatized. You know that feeling that you have done everything to help. It came to a point that YOU BEGGED them already. But THEY JUST DON'T CARE. Basta sa kanila, ang policy ay policy. Ang kinasama pa ng loob ko, HINDI AKO INDIVIDUAL ACCOUNT NG MAPFRE. Corporate Account ako. Hindi sila pwedeng takbuhan.

NEVER AGAIN, WILL I DEAL WITH HONDA MANILA. NEVER AGAIN...

[/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I feel ya. Been through almost the same hell and back. One thing I learned is not to have high expectations from them.

Running the kind of business that they're into presents unimaginable complications. I know that as customers, we should have been shielded from their problems. But that's not usually the case. However, you can still help them improve their service by writing a carefully-worded letter to their management.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    I feel ya. Been through almost the same hell and back. One thing I learned is not to have high expectations from them.

Running the kind of business that they're into presents unimaginable complications. I know that as customers, we should have been shielded from their problems. But that's not usually the case. However, you can still help them improve their service by writing a carefully-worded letter to their management.
    Thanks a lot... I actually feel so stressed. True to their indescribable service, they delivered my car this morning, 2 hours late pa din from the committed time.I am still contemplating if I will formalize my complaint. Kaya lang, I got the impression kasi that it would be a futile effort (at least in the case of Honda Manila) at mukhang magtatakipan lang sila.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you should have talk directly to the general manager. you should have ask the operator to connect you directly sa GM.

fortunately for me, I never have any problem dealing with Honda Otis. so far lahat ng body repairs ko kung anong day sinabi nila na matatapos, nakukuha ko naman.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    ^ I agree. There are times naman that they will deliver up to your standards. But the failure to be consistent is an affliction many Filipinos have.

Talk to the manager and they'll probably give you freebies in the process... Not saying that THAT should be your motivation. Though, it usually helps. :D

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Kumusta naman yung repair work? Sana naman okay siya.
    I'd hate to think you went through all that trouble only to get shoddy work....

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I think Honda Manila would have paid more attention if you used their in-house insurannce which is Malayan Insurance. Buti I don't own a Honda...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    I think Honda Manila would have paid more attention if you used their in-house insurannce which is Malayan Insurance. Buti I don't own a Honda...
    not necessarily...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ess View Post
    Kumusta naman yung repair work? Sana naman okay siya.
    I'd hate to think you went through all that trouble only to get shoddy work....

okay naman repair, although nagtataka ako kasi yung car mat ko madumi, may puti na something na parang paint. will have it checked out later sa carwash. sana nman indi nila na-damage yun, kasi nomad yun eh.. .

10. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    not necessarily...
    i agree with shadow. unfair naman kung may preference over other insurance companies.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Honda Manila Nightmare