New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 77 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2767737475767778798081 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    [/COLOR]

Anyway, that's what I notice too in our Jazz, even for a MM stop and go traffic. It takes a while to move forward coming from a dead stop, so the typical reaction is to lunge (forward) and then, step (hard) on the brake so that you don't lose position in the traffic hustle...

5101:pcwhack:
    i've noticed that too. it seems like there's a slight millisecond hesitation when accelerating from a dead stop. but once it goes though, response is very quick

ibang klase mga fuel consumption niyo. ours is a guzzler compared to your rides. nasa driver nga talaga ang pagkakaiba

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I would chime in and say that I also experience that millisecond delay, until the car reacts and I have to catch it with the brake when in stop-and-go traffic, or just maintain acceleration if the road is open. Is it supposed to be like that?

Maybe the good fuel economy others get is due to the driving style for the CVT transmission maybe? I'm never used to it and passing at speed is quite noisy for that 1.3L iDSi powerplant. It takes forever to get to 120kph.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Ewan ko lang sa mga naka-CVT...but like I've stated before, possibly in other threads:
    1. Mine uses a manual gearbox
    2. Mine sees a lot of action in the 3000-4000 RPM mark

Like the old saying says, "Your mileage may vary." I found 28.024 km/L surprisingly easy to achieve in my Jazz while driving alone on a Manila-Baliwag-Manila drive, but I returned 17 km/L when it was fully laden and on my Manila-Subic-Manila trip last summer.

The lower Subic fuel economy figure I could attribute to a few factors: the weight and the difference in terrain being the most obvious. The Baliwag roads were relatively flat and devoid of hills.

As for 120 km/h, getting there isn't too hard, it's almost comparable to my old ride (1999 City 1.5 EXi). It's getting over that speed that's tough, as the engine runs out of puff at higher RPMs, and at 120 km/h you're already way past the torque peak.

The fastest I've gone was 150 km/h. At that speed the engine becomes THIRSTY

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [QUOTE=baludoy;988365]i've noticed that too. it seems like there's a slight millisecond hesitation when accelerating from a dead stop. but once it goes though, response is very quick [QUOTE]

To reduce this, I put it in sports mode and then the 7 speed mode then first gear. agad ang acceleration.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup. the handbrake was my bestfriend in baguio. even when the shifter was in S, and manual mode set to 1, there was still a need to use the handbrake.

for some reason though, the climb up baguio was far more exciting than downhill..maybe because we went down kennon at 2 am. lol
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    By the way CVT, don't be too disheartened with your city fuel consumption. I don't better 12 km/L nowadays either, although I've managed to hit 13-14a few times. In city driving it's really up to the traffic conditions, sometimes you're lucky sometimes you aren't.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Up lang sa question ko...

ANy good shock absorber replacement for the Jazz?
    iam3739.com

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    when's the 2008 model coming out? Anytime soon? Im itching to get one already.

I hope my memory serves me right here EQAddict.....

From what you're saying bro.,- mukhang Jazz-Starex din ang trip mo, among others....

5101:pcwhack:

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by drey View Post
    Up lang sa question ko...

ANy good shock absorber replacement for the Jazz?
    For the price, KYB's would probably be cost-effective, but for something that lasts and performs well, I would always go with Bilsteins. There's a reason why KYB's were nicknamed "Keep Your Bilsteins" Good luck on your choice!

Quote Originally Posted by caloyski5 View Post
    yup. the handbrake was my bestfriend in baguio. even when the shifter was in S, and manual mode set to 1, there was still a need to use the handbrake.

for some reason though, the climb up baguio was far more exciting than downhill..maybe because we went down kennon at 2 am. lol
    It's fine to use the manual sport mode, but I don't find the use of my thumbs confidence-inspiring when driving like that. I'd much rather use my other four fingers just like in paddle shifters, than my thumb, to shift gears. It's not intuitive enough for me I guess, and it also forces you to keep your thumbs inside the wheel. Maybe it's just me...
    Last edited by mbeige; January 11th, 2008 at 12:32 PM.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    As far as I know there aren't any Bilsteins for the Jazz.

Shocks/dampers available for the GD Jazz on the aftermarket come from Koni, TEIN and KYB (as far as I can remember). I remember Koni's dampers being mentioned on an old issue of Top Gear Philippines, where they featured Fusion R's project turbo Jazz.

TEIN meanwhile carries coilovers for the car, if you're the sort that goes on trackdays. But these cost a pretty penny.

Honda Jazz [Merged]