New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 75 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2565717273747576777879 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Sir Alvin,

I know it's not accurate. But the fuel gauge isn't like the way it shows the fuel that I am really getting. For 500 pesos (11 li), I expected the car to bring us home from a 150 km trip. But to my experience, we have to fill it up again after 79 kms because it consumed so much. Around 7-8 km/l. I am not saying that I don't like the Jazz now. Maybe because some guy in the CASA really made some tweaks or removed the battery and forget to configure the CVT.

Moreover, hindi naman puno ang Jazz that time. Actually, I got the best consumption when it was on heavy load, this was measured last time with the fuel gauge.

This January 2 we will be going back to Cagayan de Oro, inspect ko ulit. I made some checking with the oil and had the CVT reset. Sana dahil sa CVT lang to.
    Last edited by drey; December 30th, 2007 at 08:45 PM.
    iam3739.com

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Drey,

Its also possible that the pump of the gas station where you fill up isn't calibrated or talagang may daya. I myself experienced scrupulous gas stations, imagine there where able to load 44liters eh 42 liters lang capacity ng jazz, usually they can only load 35 to 39 liters when the warning light comes on.

In my 3 years using the jazz I've never gone below 10 km/l, even my father in law who drives a cvt city can manage 9 to 10 km/l on frequent short trips and subdivision diving.

Try measuring the consumption again and fill up sa trusted gas station niyo.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Yup...

Tomorrow ng umaga, mga 4 am ako pa fill up. Wawa ng Jazz ngayon, palagi nasa out of town trips.
    iam3739.com

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Took my wife and one year old son (w/yaya and maid) to Tagaytay Highlands for the holidays, and the Jazz was a dream to drive! I left the city with half a tank of fuel and came back with the needle moving 1/8" from the middle line! The SLEX portion was uneventful (boring even!) but when we passed the Sta. Rosa exit I had a nice time "canyon carving". The Jazz had no difficulty overtaking slow moving jeeps and tricycles and I was able to stick with a Civic SiR for almost 30 minutes of fast driving. My son was fast asleep in the back so I guess the ride was comfortable. My only complaint is the lack of ABS because the front left tire skidded when I passed over some loose gravel near The Highlands guardhouse... I guess I should be more careful next time hehe! Driving the Jazz is less tiring than the Fortuner because the Jazz is so responsive and peppy! I have no regrets about buying this car and will recommend this kind of vehicle to people looking for a nice, economical, attractive mode of transportation and lifestyle.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Anyone experienced slightly heavy steering when turning on one side? I noticed this when turning left but turning right is ok. This is on a 1.5 Vtec CVT.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    currently my daily ride..

07 jazz 1.3 cvt

i get around 12km/l city driving. may stints na D and S with 7 speed manual high rev driving.

best consumption i got was 15.5km/l from manila - shell before kennon road. mostly in D but used 7 speed manual for overtaking.

worst i got was going up kennon and driving around baguio. only got around 9km/l

only negative thing i experience is going uphill from a dead stop. hirap na hirap.
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Ditto on the ABS...I'm not a fan of anti-lock brakes (they actually reduce max braking power), but on the Jazz I think it's a big help. If you're not conscious of your brake pedal input, you can lock the Jazz's brakes easier than with most other cars.

I drove a 1999 City before and its non-ABS brakes were more forgiving with lockup by comparison.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Just a heads up... I got 19 km/l.
    iam3739.com

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I don't know but i noticed i get really weird fuel consumption on my Jazz when i gas up different times of the day..

I'd usually gas up at Petron Sucat, beside Shopwise..

I noticed if i gas up at night my FC is usually 14-16 km/l
    But if i gas at at around 9 or 10 am my FC goes down to 10-12k km/l. .

*take note traffic is usually the same, because i take the same route everyday*
    Sucat - Makati - Quezon City - Sucat
    *Driving style doesn't differ too.. I just put it to D mode and i rev from 2000-3500 rpm*

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I won the Petron Xtra Amazing Fuel Eco run M/T Category last sept 05.. got 30.68 km/l

Honda Jazz [Merged]