New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by JOONBOGZ View Post
    gud vning mga sirs, just got my honda jazz 2009 tiptronic, just wondrin kung san ang temperature gauge niya . . hehe parang wala kasi ako makita eh.
    Walang temp gauge iyan.

Noticed the blue light in your instrument panel when you first start the car in the morning? That's the temp idiot lamp, telling you that the engine is below its operating temperature.

After running the engine for a while, the light will disappear to tell you that it has reached its optimum operating temperature... This is your normal driving condition.

It will light up (red I think) if your engine is overheating....

OT na tayo rito...

Your ride is 5AT and not CVT

16.6K:sunny::sampay:

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    ang pinakamagandang remedyo dito para iwas sa re-set o calibration ng cvt...
    - bago tanggalin ang old battery ay dapat ikabit muna yung bagong baterya in parallel connection using jumper cable.
    - carefully remove the battery terminals from the old one and ensure jumper cables are not loosen from the new battery
    - place the battery terminals into the new battery and tighten back
    - remove jumper cables
    ganito kasi ang ginawa ng battery shop sa aking 2004 city and no abnormalities noted after the battery change.hth
    i've been missing though my classic city's 7-speed cvt tranny coz we parted ways when i needed a higher ground clearance car.
    Last edited by Gumusut_Amige; August 13th, 2012 at 11:57 PM.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    pareho din yata ng sa city yan sir. pansinin mo sa morning pag-start mo may blue color na temperature icon/logo... mag-a-appear lang ulit yun pag nag-over heat pero in red color na... cmiiw...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Another way to avoid the need to reset is to keep the engine running while replacing the battery, this way the computer board doesn't lose power.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Hi Guys!

Pahelp naman.. I'm planning to buy my 1st car. planning to buy City 08-09. kaso based sa mga thead na nakita ko, may problem daw ang honda sa CVT? for AT transmission? noob question pa-explain naman kung anong problem toh? Automatic is mandatory for me kasi gagamitin din siya ng mom ko especially pag-uuwi ng province. dami nagsasabi na go or M/T City para wala ako pagsisihan.. I can't afford a brand new car sa ngayon. up to 450k max lang ang kaya ko iloan.

mahal ba imaintain ang City 08-09 na AT? hindi ba ako magkakaroon ng sakit sa ulo at bulsa in the long run?

Vios 08-09 ang isa sa pinagiisipan ko.. based on the review.. eto daw pinakalow maintenance at pinakasubok na..
    Pero ginagawa kasi siya taxi at common na kaya as much as possible I want to buy City

Help me decide guys! I really want to buy City 08/09 AT.

Pashare naman experience nyo! maraming salamat!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    mga sir help naman sa honda jazz ko 2005 model. 2nd hand ko sya nakuha from my tita. wala ako alam sa car.. milleage nung nakuha ko 50k+ after using it for awhile nsa 60k+ na.. should i change oil na ba? where and what type of engine oil should i buy? may nkpg sabi sakin tropa sa petron daw nag change oil sila.. sensya na wala tlga ako alam sa auto. thanks!

7. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    CVT Start Clutch Calibration Procedures
    NOTE:
    •When any of the following items is applied, the feedback signal memory for the start clutch control in the PCM is cleared. The PCM must be memorized the feedback signal for the start clutch control.
    ◦Disconnecting the battery terminal(s)

◦Removing the No. 20 ECU (15A) fuse in the under-dash fuse/relay box

◦Replaced the start clutch

◦Replaced the control valve body

◦Overhauled the transmission assembly

◦Replaced the transmission assembly

◦Overhauled the engine assembly

◦Replaced the engine assembly

•There are two methods to calibrate the start clutch control during halts and with driving the vehicle, use one of these methods.

Calibration Procedure During Halts

Special Tools Required
    DLC pin box ( 07WAJ-0010100)

1. Apply the parking brake, and block all four wheels securely.

2. Warm up the engine to normal operating temperature (the radiator fan comes on).

3. Make sure that the MIL does not come on and the [D] indicator does not blink.

4. If the MIL comes on or [D] indicator blinks, check the fuel and emissions system or the A/T control system, and recheck after checking.

5. Turn the ignition switch OFF.

6. Connect the special tool (07WAJ-0010100) to the data link connector, then connect the jumper wire between terminals 4 and 9 at the special tool, and turn the switch ON to short-circuit SCS to ground.

7. Press the brake pedal, and continue pressing the pedal unit complete of the calibration.

8. Start the engine under no-load conditions, then turn the headlights on. The headlights must be turned on during calibration.

9. Shift the shift lever into [N] position, and shift to [D], [S], [L] position, then shift back to [S], [D], and into [N] in 20 seconds after the engine is started. The shift lever should stop at each position. Repeat this shifting twice.

10. Check that the [D] indicator comes on for one minute with the shift lever is in [N] position, then the indicator goes off.

11. If the [D] indicator blinks not to come on, or the [D] indicator comes on, and stays on (it does not go off after one minute). Turn the ignition switch OFF, restart the procedures with step 6.

12. Shift to [D] position, and check that the [D] indicator comes on for 2 minutes, then it goes off.

13. If the [D] indicator blinks not to come on, or the [D] indicator comes on, and stays on (it does not go off after one minute). Turn the ignition switch OFF, restart the procedures with step 6.

14. Turn the ignition switch OFF to reach completion.

15. Test-drive the vehicle to verify that a problem does not occur on the start clutch control system.

Calibration Procedure with Driving the Vehicle

1. Warm up the engine to normal operating temperature (the radiator fan comes on).

2. Start the engine under no-load conditions, then turn the headlights on.

3. Start off in [D] position, and drive the vehicle until vehicle speed reaches 60 km/h (37 mph), then decelerate the vehicle in more than 5 seconds without pressing the brake pedal to reach completion.

4. Test-drive the vehicle to verify that a problem does not occur on the start clutch control system.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kharlo16 View Post
    CVT Start Clutch Calibration Procedures
    NOTE:
    •When any of the following items is applied, the feedback signal memory for the start clutch control in the PCM is cleared. The PCM must be memorized the feedback signal for the start clutch control.
    ◦Disconnecting the battery terminal(s)

◦Removing the No. 20 ECU (15A) fuse in the under-dash fuse/relay box

◦Replaced the start clutch

◦Replaced the control valve body

◦Overhauled the transmission assembly

◦Replaced the transmission assembly

◦Overhauled the engine assembly

◦Replaced the engine assembly

•There are two methods to calibrate the start clutch control during halts and with driving the vehicle, use one of these methods.

Calibration Procedure During Halts

Special Tools Required
    DLC pin box ( 07WAJ-0010100)

1. Apply the parking brake, and block all four wheels securely.

2. Warm up the engine to normal operating temperature (the radiator fan comes on).

3. Make sure that the MIL does not come on and the [D] indicator does not blink.

4. If the MIL comes on or [D] indicator blinks, check the fuel and emissions system or the A/T control system, and recheck after checking.

5. Turn the ignition switch OFF.

6. Connect the special tool (07WAJ-0010100) to the data link connector, then connect the jumper wire between terminals 4 and 9 at the special tool, and turn the switch ON to short-circuit SCS to ground.

7. Press the brake pedal, and continue pressing the pedal unit complete of the calibration.

8. Start the engine under no-load conditions, then turn the headlights on. The headlights must be turned on during calibration.

9. Shift the shift lever into [N] position, and shift to [D], [S], [L] position, then shift back to [S], [D], and into [N] in 20 seconds after the engine is started. The shift lever should stop at each position. Repeat this shifting twice.

10. Check that the [D] indicator comes on for one minute with the shift lever is in [N] position, then the indicator goes off.

11. If the [D] indicator blinks not to come on, or the [D] indicator comes on, and stays on (it does not go off after one minute). Turn the ignition switch OFF, restart the procedures with step 6.

12. Shift to [D] position, and check that the [D] indicator comes on for 2 minutes, then it goes off.

13. If the [D] indicator blinks not to come on, or the [D] indicator comes on, and stays on (it does not go off after one minute). Turn the ignition switch OFF, restart the procedures with step 6.

14. Turn the ignition switch OFF to reach completion.

15. Test-drive the vehicle to verify that a problem does not occur on the start clutch control system.

Calibration Procedure with Driving the Vehicle

1. Warm up the engine to normal operating temperature (the radiator fan comes on).

2. Start the engine under no-load conditions, then turn the headlights on.

3. Start off in [D] position, and drive the vehicle until vehicle speed reaches 60 km/h (37 mph), then decelerate the vehicle in more than 5 seconds without pressing the brake pedal to reach completion.

4. Test-drive the vehicle to verify that a problem does not occur on the start clutch control system.
    Salamat sir sa procedures.

Sa 2nd procedure, ilang seconds sa 60kph before decelerate?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Guys ask ko lang, I have here Honda Jazz 2004 model. Problem is 'bout "Blingking drive "D" indicator, Dropping RPM (Revolution/minute) and Lw power". Kapag inaapakan ko kasi yung sa gas imbes na magtuloy tuloy yung pagharurot, humihina yung pag abante. Bakit ba nagkakaganun?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    When was the last time na nagpalit ka ng fuel filter?

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Honda Jazz/City CVT Reset Procedures