New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Thanks to CVT!

1. Start the car and run it to operating temp (no other electricals must be used like aircon, radio, power windows, mirrors, lights). Keep the doors closed so that the dome light is not on.
    2. Shut down the engine
    3. Start engine again and turn on headlights, without operating any other electrical load (other than headlights).
    4. From P(ark), shift to N, D, S, L, S, D, N while waiting at least 2 seconds before shifting to the next position
    5. Repeat the N, D, S, L, S, D, N sequence for 3 times
    6. Turn-off headlights
    7. Shutdown engine
    8. Drive and investigate if the fuel consumption decreases.
    iam3739.com

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Share ko lang po iyan mga bros.

If I remember correctly, I got this from www.jazzcityunited.org....

5707:tumbleweed:

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Sorry for the ignorant questions, but what is the purpose of resetting the CVT?

Is this the same procedure, after changing to a new battery?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Sorry for the ignorant questions, but what is the purpose of resetting the CVT?

Is this the same procedure, after changing to a new battery?

Yes, bro.

It is encouraged that you have your battery changed at Honda Cars because they need to reprogram your CVT (for those who has this type of transmission in their City or Jazz cars). Trouble is, there, the battery is expensive and you pay for the reprogramming activity.

So with this, you can buy your battery from any of the dealers and reprogram the CVT yourself. A much more cost-effective alternative.

I am just wondering why these car manufacturers did not use non-volatile memories, like flash to store the program values so that you need not program the CVT when you change battery. Well.....

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    so does this mean that you need to reconfigure your CVT back over again everytime you disconnect your battery? For most repairs, they recommend disconnecting the battery?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
    so does this mean that you need to reconfigure your CVT back over again everytime you disconnect your battery? For most repairs, they recommend disconnecting the battery?

That is how I understand it bro. I could be wrong.

Although I disconnected my battery only once when I changed it over half a year ago. Did not try though to drive the car without going through the above procedure to feel/assess if there's a change in the shifting pattern....

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    i tried many times nayan. walang effect sa akin hehehe. ewan ko lang baka i did something wrong in the procedure? check jazzcityunited meron ding post doon. meron tools gamit at may isang paraan din na pag reset ng cvt. like driving it at 60 kph then decelerate for more than 5 seconds etc

tried everything. nothing happened haha

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    what happens if you dont reset it?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    parang nakakaloka naman yung reset procedure. parang up up down down left right left right..... nintendo

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    hehe parang cheat? hehe. ive tried not to reset and to reset, nothings changed. same mileage. ave of 15km/l sa city driving

one way daw to know if need mo mag reset is when on a full stop, press the 7 speed mode. if it starts at 2nd gear, need daw to reset. or while driving on 7 speed mode, when you come to a complete stop, ndi na mag 1st gear, 2nd lang din. ndi na bababa ng 1st.

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
Honda Jazz/City CVT Reset Procedures