New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 51 of 111 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    sa sobrang mahal ng gasoline/diesel. nakakahinayang na rin magdala ng sasakyan..

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Eto sir from HCP:

if you have more tips just add it na lang

1. Aggressive driving this is a NO-NO (rapid acceleration and braking) sources said you can save 30% of gas if you avoid this. also its muchs safer for you and your passenger.
    I say pa-tanggal nyo na yung mga tingga sa paa nyo and replace it with Helium..

2. Observe Speed Limit!! - certain cars have different speed limit but ussually gas mileage usually decreases rapidly at speeds above 96kmh.
    so kung hindi ka hinahabol ng CARJACKERS wag na lang sayang ang miles ..

3. Remove Excess Weight - Oh my that subwoofer will have to go!! Avoid keeping unnecessary items in your car, especially heavy ones. An extra 100 pounds in your vehicle could reduce your Km/L by up to 2%. The reduction is based on the percentage of extra weight relative to the vehicle's weight and affects smaller vehicles more than larger ones.
    hehehe tell your GF/WIFE to lose weight hahaha natawa ka?
    ikaw din magreduce ka na!!!

4. Avoid Excessive Idling - Idling gets 0 Km per Liter. if you have to wait for more than minute switch off that engine :P,
    and dont DO IT sa car!! mahal na ang GAS!!
    baka paglabas ng anak mo may TAG na Made in HONDA

5. Keep Your Engine Properly Tuned - Fixing a serious engine problem, such as a faulty oxygen sensor, can improve your mileage by as much as 40 percent.
    Wow!! 40% pwede na yan masasave mo dyan to avoid excessive idling

6. Check & Replace Air Filters Regularly - Replacing a clogged air filter can improve your car's gas mileage by as much as 10 percent.
    hehehe baka may kamote na yan linisin na yan!!

7. Keep Tires Properly Inflated - You can improve your gas mileage by around 3.3 percent by keeping your tires inflated to the proper pressure. Under-inflated tires can lower gas mileage by 0.4 percent for every 1 psi drop in pressure of all four tires. Properly inflated tires are safer and last longer.
    Traction!-Traction! underinflating!! hello papunta ka sa office hindi ka kakarera!! tamang pressure lang..

8. Use the Recommended Grade of Motor Oil - You can improve your gas mileage by 1-2 percent by using the manufacturer's recommended grade of motor oil. For example, using 10W-30 motor oil in an engine designed to use 5W-30 can lower your gas mileage by 1-2 percent. Using 5W-30 in an engine designed for 5W-20 can lower your gas mileage by 1-1.5 percent.
    so stop using race car oil on a daily car

9. Planning and Combining Trips - Combining errands into one trip saves you time and money. Several short trips taken from a cold start can use twice as much fuel as a longer multipurpose trip covering the same distance when the engine is warm. Trip planning ensures that traveling is done when the engine is warmed-up and efficient.
    With a little planning, you can avoid retracing your route and reduce the distance you travel as well. You'll not only save fuel, but also reduce wear and tear on your car.
    kaya pag nag GF ka dont choose North and South dapat South and South

10. if all else fails buy a Jazz or City hehehehehe

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Umabot ng 14.5 km/l fuel consumption ko kanina from Bicutan to Bonifacio Global City via C5. Im using 1.5 Honda Jazz 2010.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Good day Sirs! I'm new here. I have a 05 Honda City 1.3MT idsi. I'm just wondering why my FC is only 8-9 kms/L city driving. Does short distance driving result in poor FC? Everyday, I travel a distance of 6 kms back and forth from house to office and it takes me 10-15 mins to get to the office. Is this normal? Your inputs are highly appreciated. TIA!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by nardongputik197 View Post
    Good day Sirs! I'm new here. I have a 05 Honda City 1.3MT idsi. I'm just wondering why my FC is only 8-9 kms/L city driving. Does short distance driving result in poor FC? Everyday, I travel a distance of 6 kms back and forth from house to office and it takes me 10-15 mins to get to the office. Is this normal? Your inputs are highly appreciated. TIA!
    Yes, driving in short distances results in poor FC. My ride is a 1.6 Civic and I only get 8 - 9 km/l. My office is 7km away from my house (With stop and go traffic..).

Because of high fuel price, I only bring it to the office when I have somewhere else to go after office hours.

HTH!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Yep, shorter drive distances result in higher fuel consumed partly because the engine uses a little more fuel while it hasn't warmed up to its optimal temperature.

That, apart from the stop and go traffic will result in the higher fuel consumption you guys are experiencing.

I'm driving a 1.8 civic, doing 8-9KM/L in city driving only. Around 8-10KM one way traveling to work then back.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    For me, 10km away from my office, Taytay<>Ortigas, that's back and forth everyday, not too much traffic since I'm on midshift and still getting around 11-12km/L. Honda City 2006 1.5 AT.

Maybe it's the gas (Shell Premium), driving style (i drive fast though), car maintenance, tire pressure, traffic conditions or the car itself. lots of variables involved.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Just got my 1.5 at 2011 city. Accurate ba yun computation ng km/l nung nasa car? Ive been getting 7.6-7.8 sa akin e. Gaan lang paa ko since gusto ko makita na matipid nga etong city. Sa malolos to tabang lang byahe ko

9. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by nardongputik197 View Post
    Good day again Sirs! Looking at the replies, we could see that a 1.8 engine can also do the same FC (8-9kms/L city driving) covering the same distance. I think there's something wrong with my ride. Please help Sirs. TIA!

10. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by darkpalosx View Post
    Just got my 1.5 at 2011 city. Accurate ba yun computation ng km/l nung nasa car? Ive been getting 7.6-7.8 sa akin e. Gaan lang paa ko since gusto ko makita na matipid nga etong city. Sa malolos to tabang lang byahe ko

E di ang ganda ng consumption mo.
    Kasi ang nakalagay dun sa display sa odometer ay "L/100KM (AVG)"?? Ibig sabihin ay your FC is 13.15 - 12.8 km/liter average.