New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 46 of 111 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Just to share my FC experience w/ honda.I bought a Honda FIT 1.3 AT iDsi- Japan made (jazz here in phils) at Port Irene Sta. Ana Cagayan. Before leaving Port Irene fuel guage warning lighted up, so gas ako ng 38liters premium at shell(full tank). We travelled 594 km(odo. reset to 00)from Port Irene to Bulacan (hinto lang kami 3 times at the gasoline station CR for almost 15 minutes only). Traveling from Port Irene to Bulacan w/ SV it takes more than 12hrs only deretso yun, but due to some roads construction at that time(along Cagayan, Isabela, Nueva Viscaya- dalton Pass and Nueva Ecija) it takes us more 14 than hours(from 11:00am to 1:40am to travel. And i was supprise pagdating sa bahay my fuel consumption or average recorded is 18.8km/L. May natira pa sa fuel tank. So if 594L/18.8km/L = 31.60L only considering na umaandar ang makina for 14hours of travel AC on.

Im using this car everyday going to office

51km(residence to office) : 40km NLEX and 11km Mc Arthur Hway average fuel consumption recorded 18km/L AC on, average speed: 90 - 110km/hr. W/out AC 21km/L.

Quote Originally Posted by ChevyChaser View Post
    Good evening all.

I bought a City 1.3S with A/T Last June 2010. My current mileage is 3.5K++. Since arriving last July, 2010 I have noticed that the average mileage for this car is only 7-8km/Liter city. To think that this is a 1300cc. I had a friend with a 1964 Corolla with a 1200 and 3 speed A/T tranny and it was doing 10-12km/Liter. My previous car, which was a 2004 Chevy Optra 1.6LS with 5 on the floor did 10km/Liter City. I usually drive the car on an average of 60-70KPH but have noticed that driving like at this speed, it consumes more whereas, when I try to do 130KPH on SLEX ( Nichols to Sucat when I can ), the mileage goes up to 11.7KPH. In my opinion, this is one weird car. Won't last more than the warranty period with me...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    *j8co - I'm sorry, pero parang may mali sa FC computation mo.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by j8'co View Post
    Just to share my FC experience w/ honda.I bought a Honda FIT 1.3 AT iDsi- Japan made (jazz here in phils) at Port Irene Sta. Ana Cagayan. Before leaving Port Irene fuel guage warning lighted up, so gas ako ng 38liters premium at shell(full tank). We travelled 594 km(odo. reset to 00)from Port Irene to Bulacan (hinto lang kami 3 times at the gasoline station CR for almost 15 minutes only). Traveling from Port Irene to Bulacan w/ SV it takes more than 12hrs only deretso yun, but due to some roads construction at that time(along Cagayan, Isabela, Nueva Viscaya- dalton Pass and Nueva Ecija) it takes us more 14 than hours(from 11:00am to 1:40am to travel. And i was supprise pagdating sa bahay my fuel consumption or average recorded is 18.8km/L. May natira pa sa fuel tank. So if 594L/18.8km/L = 31.60L only considering na umaandar ang makina for 14hours of travel AC on.

Im using this car everyday going to office

51km(residence to office) : 40km NLEX and 11km Mc Arthur Hway average fuel consumption recorded 18km/L AC on, average speed: 90 - 110km/hr. W/out AC 21km/L.
    Sir j8'co, I believe we are talking of two different horses here. Where as I was talking about the 2010 Honda City 1.3S A/T, (Locally assembled) which in comparison to your car, which is the Honda Fit (Japan Made), which has a lighter curbweight than that of my car, your FIT would have a better consumption than my CITY.
    If you remember, Petron and Honda Phil had a campaign where they compared how far a full tank of Petron XCS with go. They used the Honda Jazz. If my memory is still functioning well, the highest FC they got was 37km per liter.

On my City, I have to drive like the devil was after me just to get 11.7km per liter, which is impossible in the metropolis.

You have a good day..

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Seeing your FC's, it's way too far from mine. I only get around 5-7 Km/L, city driving on my Honda City 1.3L Gen 1 (1999 SX8). AC is On most of the time.

what seems to be the problem?

is it the spark plugs? engine oil? or worse?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    mga sirs na nk FD 2.0L ano Fuel consumption nyo thanks..

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    My FD is turning 2 this November with Odo reading of 16K. Fuel consumption still ranges from 8km/Li (City) (Expressways and Highway) 11km/Li.

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    For cars 1500 up to 2.0 specially earlier models like from '96 - up....tuning would be your best option,programable ECU or piggy-back....hindi lahat gusto mg-bukas ng makina for recon so that's the way around your consumption prob....otherwise get a car that was built for fuel economy like the Jazz,City Vios, and other small-displacement models.!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    after reading this thread...FC is not the same even if you are using the same car/displacement/kind of transmission

I have the 2010City M/T 1.3 and it average at around 9-10kms/liter city driving(bad luck, na carnap sya...hopefully before the year end the insurance get give my claim...

I am planning to get the 1.5 jazz...does it really eat up lots of gas?
    will i get at least 10kms/liter? Cant get the M/T cause I will be having an ACL operation on my left knee and cant use a manual car for at least 6 months

hope to get a feedback from the experts here

thanks

ride safe

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by marcusfilter View Post
    after reading this thread...FC is not the same even if you are using the same car/displacement/kind of transmission

I have the 2010City M/T 1.3 and it average at around 9-10kms/liter city driving(bad luck, na carnap sya...hopefully before the year end the insurance get give my claim...

I am planning to get the 1.5 jazz...does it really eat up lots of gas?
    will i get at least 10kms/liter? Cant get the M/T cause I will be having an ACL operation on my left knee and cant use a manual car for at least 6 months

hope to get a feedback from the experts here

thanks

ride safe
    I have a 1.5 jazz, got it last August, right now it's under 5000km on the ODO. Highest I got was 13.4km/l, before when I was using Unleaded I was only getting about 11km/l but when I gassed up on Petron Blaze my FE started improving. This is all city driving, I try to stay under 2000rpm and when it's heavy traffic, I try not to stop, I'll leave enough space in front of me so I will not stop.

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    No need really for an expert....just advice from friends who owns cars you intend to buy...you get direct and real feedback from those guys!