New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jergwapo View Post
    ser ano ba in general sa tingin nyo mas matipid? im planning on buying a 99 mdl civic. pero ang gusto ko yung mas matipid sa gas. kung idesregard yung power difference between the two cars, tapos given na same ang driving conditions, ano ang mas matipid, lxi or vti? dami ko na kasi choices at nasisilaw ako sa setup. may effect ba sa consumpyion ng gas yung mga setup? pls shed some light on this kasi nabenta ko na mga auto ko at kailangan ko na bumili kasi wala ako magamit na transpo. and if you can, pls email me at jergwapo*yahoo.com kasi mas madalas ako magcheck ng email. thanks guys.
    our 99 honda lxi manual transmission before gave us 10-11kms per liter pure city driving.
    12-14kpl highway.
    matipid sya. miss ko na nga ang kotseng yun.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jrln View Post
    our 99 honda lxi manual transmission before gave us 10-11kms per liter pure city driving.
    12-14kpl highway.
    matipid sya. miss ko na nga ang kotseng yun.
    whaaaaaaaat!!! ang tipid nun ah. naka-aircon ba lagi yun ser? natry mo ba i-compare yun sa vti nung yun pa auto mo?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ~6.5-7.5km/li mixed city and hiway driving..
    Gen1 crv m/t
    i usually shifts at 2500rpm, walang harurot unless kelangan..
    uses either petron XCS or unleaded..

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    mga ser alam nyo ba ang epekto ng mga upgrades na ito sa fuel consumption?

1. muffler?
    2. headers?
    3. air intake?
    4. size ng mags?

magpapalakas ba to ng konsumo ng gas?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    AFAIK, the vti and lxi have a little difference lang of 1-2 km/l city driving ... i get 12-14 on my lxi 2000 mixed. we compared dati ng friend ko that has the vti sa papuntang laguna pansol and mas matipid yung vti sa pure highway pero not that big of a difference naman.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Since I bought my FD Civic last year November, I couldn't achieve 10 Km/Li FC. The best FC I got is 7 - 8 Km/Li. Due to the rising fuel prices, I decided to change my driving style from fast and furious to economy mode and the result was great.

I finally got to know my FD Civic 1.8 S A/T very well as it consumed about 10 Liters of Shell Super Unleaded in a 100 Kms. of city driving last week. That's about 10 Km/Li.

Now I know that the key to better fuel economy is to accelerate at a normal pace (don't get your engine too angry & watch your tachometer), limit your speed at most 80 Kph (probably the most efficient speed), remove unecessary weights & regular check-up of air filter, tire pressure, etc.

But sometimes I do get tempted to floor my accelerator whenever there is an urge to race someone on the road.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Sup all!

I'd jus like to ask the FC for a:

Ride: Honda CRV 2.0 automatic
    Displacement: 2.0
    Engine Configuration: SOHC i-VTEC, Water-Cooled, 16-Valve
    Fuel Consumption:
    -City:???
    -Highway:???

Thanks and more power!

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jergwapo View Post
    whaaaaaaaat!!! ang tipid nun ah. naka-aircon ba lagi yun ser? natry mo ba i-compare yun sa vti nung yun pa auto mo?
    yup, aircon is always on.

did not try to compare with the vti but i guess in the city, mas matipid ang lxi. pag pure highway drive na siguro lalamang ng konti ang vti. pero konti lang siguro.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cool_ice09 View Post
    Since I bought my FD Civic last year November, I couldn't achieve 10 Km/Li FC. The best FC I got is 7 - 8 Km/Li. Due to the rising fuel prices, I decided to change my driving style from fast and furious to economy mode and the result was great.

I finally got to know my FD Civic 1.8 S A/T very well as it consumed about 10 Liters of Shell Super Unleaded in a 100 Kms. of city driving last week. That's about 10 Km/Li.

Now I know that the key to better fuel economy is to accelerate at a normal pace (don't get your engine too angry & watch your tachometer), limit your speed at most 80 Kph (probably the most efficient speed), remove unecessary weights & regular check-up of air filter, tire pressure, etc.

But sometimes I do get tempted to floor my accelerator whenever there is an urge to race someone on the road.
    good for you for being able to squeeze 10kpl on your FD.
    my unit is the same 1.8S AT at ang bilis talaga bumaba ng gasolina. minsan-minsan lang ang burst speed ko pag klangan lang. normally, moderate speed lang always careful not to hit 3k RPM.
    kapag ni-limit ko naman sa 2-2.5K RPM lang lagi especially pag go na ang traffic from a stop, sigurado iwanan nako sa traffic ng mga kasabay. parang medyo mabigat sa arangkada ang pakiramdam ko sa FD ko.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cool_ice09 View Post

very true, the best way to reduce FC is your right foot.

i used to get 8-9 km/l on my 2000 lxi... hataw dito hataw doon.
    then i tried to do shifts sa 2000 rpm and limit it to max of 100 kph, i got the 12-14 km/l. sulit na rin and hindi pa magatos sa gas.