New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 109 of 118 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1178
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,379
    #1081
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Just be aware that CR-Vs are usually gas guzzlers ... it's got 2.0 / 2.4 liter engine(s) ...
    Gas CUVs have the same fuel consumption as midsize sedans which is expected for their size. If you compare them to small cars like the Vios or City, then they consume more fuel.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    65
    #1082
    Thank you mga bros for your replies.
    It is 2.4L iVTEC so maybe a little guzzler.
    Will check and think about it.

  3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,379
    #1083
    Quote Originally Posted by Radical-One View Post
    Thank you mga bros for your replies.
    It is 2.4L iVTEC so maybe a little guzzler.
    Will check and think about it.
    It is not so bad in terms of fuel consumption. I guess you would be able to get around 6-7 km/L on city driving routes. At least, Honda engines donít require 95RON fuel.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    65
    #1084
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    It is not so bad in terms of fuel consumption. I guess you would be able to get around 6-7 km/L on city driving routes. At least, Honda engines donít require 95RON fuel.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good point on the RON Bro. Thank you. 6-7km isn't so bad for it's size.

  5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    16,338
    #1085
    More like 4-5 km/L. 6-7 would be if you live in the south and have a bit of open road.

    I'm getting 5.3 km/L on our 2.0 CVT in city driving (very heavy traffic, 12 kph average). My friend sold his 2.4 CRV because it was consistently getting 4.5 km/L in city driving.

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  6. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    65
    #1086
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    More like 4-5 km/L. 6-7 would be if you live in the south and have a bit of open road.

    I'm getting 5.3 km/L on our 2.0 CVT in city driving (very heavy traffic, 12 kph average). My friend sold his 2.4 CRV because it was consistently getting 4.5 km/L in city driving.

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    I see. That's a bit gazzler maybe.

  7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,379
    #1087
    Quote Originally Posted by Radical-One View Post
    I see. That's a bit gazzler maybe.
    If you want to trade comfort for fuel efficiency, then be happy to drive a small car.

    If you want the ride height with comfort plus cargo space, then a CUV is the best car for you and your family.

    If you are on fence of choosing between comfort and fuel efficiency, then opt for a compact car. A Civic or Altis will offer better comfort than a small car and still offer acceptable fuel consumption.

  8. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    65
    #1088
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If you want to trade comfort for fuel efficiency, then be happy to drive a small car.

    If you want the ride height with comfort plus cargo space, then a CUV is the best car for you and your family.

    If you are on fence of choosing between comfort and fuel efficiency, then opt for a compact car. A Civic or Altis will offer better comfort than a small car and still offer acceptable fuel consumption.
    Thanks everyone for those input. I will take it into consideration

  9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    182
    #1089
    Planning to get a gas powered 2018 CRV this June. Whatís the observed fuel consumption city and highway? Trying to compare with entry level Forester. Thanks in advance to the responders

  10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,379
    #1090
    Quote Originally Posted by wsa 400 View Post
    Planning to get a gas powered 2018 CRV this June. What’s the observed fuel consumption city and highway? Trying to compare with entry level Forester. Thanks in advance to the responders
    I suggest you back read a few pages and check Jut703's observations on his new CRV 2.0L gas model. You might be looking at around 5-6 km/L on city driving, or maybe around 6-7 km/L if you have a bit of highway on your daily route. On the highway, it might be around 10-12 km/L depending on how fast you are doing.

    Fuel efficiency might be the same for CUVs with 2.0L NA engines and CVT tranny. The Forester will be at a disadvantage in terms of fuel efficiency with its drive system (AWD vs FWD). The CRV is a new platform compared to the current Forester which is to be replaced by next year. The Forester though has a higher ground clearance and better all-terrain grip. The Forester 2.0i-L is also cheaper compared to the CRV 2.0L.

    You will never go wrong with either vehicle but the CRV is newer and has better features. If you are intent on buying a Forester, get the XT model as it might be the last of its kind since Subaru has no plans of selling a turbo-powered Forester for its next generation.
    Last edited by Egan101; April 24th, 2018 at 02:12 PM.

Honda CRV [continued]