New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Hi all, like I said the engine mounts are all new.
    1 on the left side under the battery, 1 on the right top and then one for the transmission. In total all 3 have been put new. Based on the scanner, the car idle at 600-700rpm. Which is fine. When the air con compressor kicks in, the rpm goes to 900 which is also fine. But problem is that the car is vibrating alot. Just but pressing a little gas to 100 rpm more, the car smoothes out... I believe that somehow, my car needs to increase 100rpm + value and it will be perfect. But problem is how? Everything is adjusted through the computer box and no manual adjustment is available....

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Did you use original engine and transmission mounts? ... Replacement mounts are not very effective at absorbing vibration ... Also, did you replace all the mounts? ... If not all are replaced, it will also cause vibration ...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Did you use original engine and transmission mounts? ... Replacement mounts are not very effective at absorbing vibration ... Also, did you replace all the mounts? ... If not all are replaced, it will also cause vibration ...
    How many mounts in total are there in crv? And where are they located? Please...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OEM Engine Mounts are water filled rubber mounts. While replacement are rubber only. Make sure you buy OEM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by szekan View Post
    How many mounts in total are there in crv? And where are they located? Please...
    There are 5- mounts.

>Front right (passenger side)
    >Upper torgue mount (passenger side) - connected to Front right mount
    > Lower torque mount - bottom part of engine
    > Transmount
    > Diffmount

BTW, did you check the 3-mounts that you replaced if really they have damaged/cracked?
    Try to run your engine at idle and observe which portion does shows strong movements.
    Probably, the mount nearest to it may have a problem. If any strong engine vibration
    on the passenger side, check the bracket connecting the engine and the Front right mount,
    co'z sometime "lubog" na at metal bracket already touching that no more rubber part
    isolating the engine and car body.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by DAD525 View Post
    There are 5- mounts.

>Front right (passenger side)
    >Upper torgue mount (passenger side) - connected to Front right mount
    > Lower torque mount - bottom part of engine
    > Transmount
    > Diffmount

BTW, did you check the 3-mounts that you replaced if really they have damaged/cracked?
    Try to run your engine at idle and observe which portion does shows strong movements.
    Probably, the mount nearest to it may have a problem. If any strong engine vibration
    on the passenger side, check the bracket connecting the engine and the Front right mount,
    co'z sometime "lubog" na at metal bracket already touching that no more rubber part
    isolating the engine and car body.

Hummm I thoguht there were 4 mounts....
    All of the changed mount were damaged. Except for the upper torque mount...

Let me attach some pics showing what was changed...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Always change all engine mounts at the same time ... Some mounts are fluid filled so stick with original ...

8. Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Hummm I thoguht there were 4 mounts....
    All of the changed mount were damaged. Except for the upper torque mount...

Let me attach some pics showing what was changed...
    The mechanic said there are only 3 mounts which needs to be changed. There is no noise or any sort of cluck when driving on rough roads. It's super quiet. But on idle with air con, there is vibration. And also sometimes on reverse gear

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Therein lies the problem ... On idle, it vibrates ... Normally it's the mounts ... From experience it's more than 3 mounts ... Engine + Transmission mounts ...

Check if original mounts were installed ... If replacement, then that's the culprit ...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    The mechanic said there are only 3 mounts which needs to be changed. There is no noise or any sort of cluck when driving on rough roads. It's super quiet. But on idle with air con, there is vibration. And also sometimes on reverse gear
    Im also having the same exact problem with my 3rd Gen CRV. On idle, my rpm is at 500 only(with or without AC). Engine also vibrates strongly everytime the AC Compressor kicks in but the vibration will disappear when the temperature of the engine reaches half of the gauge. Does the vibration on your crv disappear also after a certain period of time?

I never had the chance to have this idle issue checked by a mechanic because i thought it was just normal? But looking at the previous replies, my idle rpm should be at 700, right?

Question:

Are there any bad effects on the engine if i continue to run it at low idle rpm?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast