New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by SidCoronel View Post
    I suggest you to go step by step, eliminate the simple and cheap problems first.

Stock engine is right, have it scanned first.

Dr D is right, how can you have a rack and Pinion problem if the CRV is not EPS?

45k tranny rekit and repair... Very expensive to me... Try changing the ATF first, with the right ATF grade, if this can handle Dexron 3, my recommendation is Eneos D3 ATF (corrected my 2014 Ford Everest's notorious shift shock), this will cost you around P270 per Liter + P300 labor.

As for the supports, the most I've seen is 3 supports, all of which you said you've replaced. So move forward.

Yes the RPM is too low for any vehicle. A scan will guide you best.

I suggest you to go step by step, eliminate the simple and cheap problems first.
    1) My crv is 2. 0 and this variant comes with Eps po.
    So the latest news is I rebushed the rack and pinion and now the knocking noise on rough road is gone. First shop gave a price of 15k then second shop 13k then third 9500 and then finally one guy did it for 5k.

2) I changed the spark plugs and checked the throttle body, it's super clean. Next I put the car on OBD scanner and there are no codes at all. Yet the car idles at 400-500rpm. Car doesn't stop or anything, just some annoying vibrations on idle....

3) I found a shop in banawe who is willing to repair my auto tranny for 30k... Not sure if this is a good deal?
    I was thinking to try to flush the ATF but all the mechanics saying that this sort of jerk is related to clutch problem not Atf....

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Did you have throttle body and idle control valve cleaned before? ... Did the mechanic perform idle relearning? ... Check online on how to perform idle relearning ...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Did you have throttle body and idle control valve cleaned before? ... Did the mechanic perform idle relearning? ... Check online on how to perform idle relearning ...
    HI, yes I have done all of it. Still just remains 400-500.
    There is no surge or jumping rpm or car switching off. Just low rpm that's all

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by szekan View Post
    Saang area ka? My trusted mechanic is in bacoor. Former assistant of mel casaba.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004

Perform proper idle relearning ...

6. Join Date
    Feb 2018
    hi guys, 1 week is gone and i am still repairing my car. at the start of this thread, my car had 3 problems...
    1) knocking noise from under the car
    2) transmission jerk and delay shifting
    3) low idle rpm

so far work conducted

1) changed the following parts

LH engine mount
    RH engine mount
    Rear transmission mount
    2 x KYB front shocker
    1 x strut mount bearing
    2 x stabilizer link
    plus labor

31,000 peso

rebushing of rack and pinion
    rack end and tie rod repair
    ball joint press
    labor

6,500 peso

All knocking noise solved.

2) changed the following
    Surplus transmission and changed the damaged gears
    8 litre transmission ATF
    labor plus home service

30,000 peso

Transmission solved

3) did the following
    new spark plugs
    cleaned throttle body
    cleaned MAF sensor
    reset ECU
    Reset throttle position

still the car idle is very low.... it is now in the hands of a very qualified technician by the name of Frank De Leon. hopefully he will solve this in his own fashion.... shall update soon

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    hi guys, 1 week is gone and i am still repairing my car. at the start of this thread, my car had 3 problems...
    1) knocking noise from under the car
    2) transmission jerk and delay shifting
    3) low idle rpm

so far work conducted

1) changed the following parts

LH engine mount
    RH engine mount
    Rear transmission mount
    2 x KYB front shocker
    1 x strut mount bearing
    2 x stabilizer link
    plus labor

31,000 peso

rebushing of rack and pinion
    rack end and tie rod repair
    ball joint press
    labor

6,500 peso

All knocking noise solved.

2) changed the following
    Surplus transmission and changed the damaged gears
    8 litre transmission ATF
    labor plus home service

30,000 peso

Transmission solved

3) did the following
    new spark plugs
    cleaned throttle body
    cleaned MAF sensor
    reset ECU
    Reset throttle position

still the car idle is very low.... it is now in the hands of a very qualified technician by the name of Frank De Leon. hopefully he will solve this in his own fashion.... shall update soon
    How bout yung IAC valve? Nalinisan na din?

Baka need na mag replace ng component at hindi na kayang linisin? Have you tried adjusting the rpm at idle? May kinakalikot yan, i forgot where kasi sa mazda gen2 ko pa nagagawa yun dati...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_noel View Post
    How bout yung IAC valve? Nalinisan na din?

Baka need na mag replace ng component at hindi na kayang linisin? Have you tried adjusting the rpm at idle? May kinakalikot yan, i forgot where kasi sa mazda gen2 ko pa nagagawa yun dati...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes not yhe Iac value... Maybe that's the problem I am not sure... This crv doesn't have any physical adjustment to control idle...
    Hopefully by tonight I shall know what is the real problem.... Technician also said that these problems which I am facing are very common for crv....

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    You need an OBD dedicated to Honda to reset the idle speed to 650 rpm factory default.
    Problem ko before is high idle speed at 1000 rpm after cleaning my throttle body.
    Mine is 2009 crv 2.0 litter.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by joepaps View Post
    You need an OBD dedicated to Honda to reset the idle speed to 650 rpm factory default.
    Problem ko before is high idle speed at 1000 rpm after cleaning my throttle body.
    Mine is 2009 crv 2.0 litter.
    Not sure about the dedicated OBD. But they used theirs and tried to reset many things but nothing happened. There is no stored error codes or engine check.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast