New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Hi guys, just want to ask for more details regarding the civic. Hope you can help me.

What I know about the Honda Civic 1999, 2000+ (All with SIR Body)

1. LXi
    - Engine 1.5L SOHC non-VTEC
    - No fog lamps

2. VTi
    - Engine 1.6L SOHC VTEC-E
    - Has fog lamps

3. VTi RS (Same on #2 +cosmetic)
    - Engine 1.6 SOHC VTEC-E
    - Has fog lamps

4. SIR
    - Engine 1.6L DOHC VTEC B16a?
    - Has fog lamps

I am reviewing the three variants, so at least I know what to look at. My transmission option is AT, since my wife will drive it too. Any, other things I need to check on those years? and on the variants?

I know, I should stay away from a heavily modified car, baka it was raced before. And parts may need to be replaced, unless it was replaced na. If automatic, how come mas madali masira eto? I know about wear n tear, but not sure which parts might need to be replaced din, para in-tip top condition ung tranny for AT.

Costing is around 200k to 250k

Salamat!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by lm723 View Post
    Hi guys, just want to ask for more details regarding the civic. Hope you can help me.

What I know about the Honda Civic 1999, 2000+ (All with SIR Body)

1. LXi
    - Engine 1.5L SOHC non-VTEC
    - No fog lamps

2. VTi
    - Engine 1.6L SOHC VTEC-E
    - Has fog lamps

3. VTi RS (Same on #2 +cosmetic)
    - Engine 1.6 SOHC VTEC-E
    - Has fog lamps

4. SIR
    - Engine 1.6L DOHC VTEC B16a?
    - Has fog lamps

I am reviewing the three variants, so at least I know what to look at. My transmission option is AT, since my wife will drive it too. Any, other things I need to check on those years? and on the variants?

I know, I should stay away from a heavily modified car, baka it was raced before. And parts may need to be replaced, unless it was replaced na. If automatic, how come mas madali masira eto? I know about wear n tear, but not sure which parts might need to be replaced din, para in-tip top condition ung tranny for AT.

Costing is around 200k to 250k

Salamat!

Since you are looking for an A/T, the Lxi and Vti variants are your choice. The SiR comes only with a manual tranny, the Vti Rs comes with a manual trans ( not sure if there were A/Ts ) this is associated with the sunburst yellow color limited.

You should be on the lookout if the fluid smells burnt on the A/T. Check if the shifting is smooth and no noise when it shifts. That's all for now, will check back if something comes to my mind.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Ok na yung VTi A/T. Wala naman kasing SiR na MT at under 300k.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    pa-ride po...this vti variant po ba ay yung ph16a engine? non-interference po ba ang engine na ito? thanks in advance..

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    walang VTI-RS dito sa Pinas, and VTI variants have the D16Y5 engine, not the PH16A

6. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    i think PH16A ang code ng engine for honda vti na release dito sa pinas. counterpart cguro ng ibang engine na gamit abroad. i cant find yung code na ph16 sa mga international engine codes. mostly B, D, F, H,K, L, & R ang codes.. but no PH... sa mga shops here mas kilala na ph16a ang engine ng vti, even sa casa ph16a ang engine code ng vti. HTH

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ans_lim168 View Post
    Since you are looking for an A/T, the Lxi and Vti variants are your choice. The SiR comes only with a manual tranny, the Vti Rs comes with a manual trans ( not sure if there were A/Ts ) this is associated with the sunburst yellow color limited.

You should be on the lookout if the fluid smells burnt on the A/T. Check if the shifting is smooth and no noise when it shifts. That's all for now, will check back if something comes to my mind.
    Thanks sir. If the A/T has some burning smells, what could it be? Sa states, usually AT problem usually sira, and it will cost a lot to replace/repair. Not sure, here sa Manila. If kse ganyan ung case, medyo not good idea ata to go with a A/T na Civic 1999, 2000 model. But, I might be wrong.

If ever that fails, how much usually sya I repair? And which part dapat palitan? Torque Converter?

Thanks!

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    Thanks sir. If the A/T has some burning smells, what could it be? Sa states, usually AT problem usually sira, and it will cost a lot to replace/repair. Not sure, here sa Manila. If kse ganyan ung case, medyo not good idea ata to go with a A/T na Civic 1999, 2000 model. But, I might be wrong.

If ever that fails, how much usually sya I repair? And which part dapat palitan? Torque Converter?

Thanks!
    Common problems among EK Civics are the automatic tranny, rear trailing arm bushing, and aircon compressor. Patignan niyo yan, especially the rear trailing arm bushing

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Thanks myke.

Not sure if this is the automatic tranny problem.
    Honda Civic Transmission Crisis

Anyway, I think mas nakaka takot ung automatic tranny. Unless, someone can prove otherwise. If the rear trailing arm bushing is a problem, cguro once acquired, replace na lang agad, I think mas madali eto gawin.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007

Thanks!

If the fluid smells burnt, then stay away from it, chances are the owner did not take good care of the fluid maintenance. There are a lot of parts involved when repairing such. Other mechanics resort to changing the whole syatem with a surplus one. Price may start at 15k up.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
honda civic vti, sir, rs 1999-2000