New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 119 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1285
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by r0n1n_ View Post
    Question lang mga boss..I have seldom used 2006 Honda Civic with 52165 km mileage, last change oil Neto was Apr 2016 with 44,568 km mileage using fully synthetic oil, thinking of doing a change oil but when we checked out the quality of the oil in the engine it was still golden yellow and from the looks of it is still in excellent condition. My mechanic said that it's my call if I want to change or not. Thinking of using semi synthetic the next time I change oil. My dilemma is

1 should I change oil knowing that the engine's fully synthetic oil is still up to par.

2 is it wise to throw away the fully synthetic oil and use semi synthetic.

3 do I need to use fully synthetic oil even if the car is seldom used . It is used for city driving only in the province with.

Sent from my CPH1909 using Tapatalk
    2006 model with just 52k on the clock, wow, ganyan hinahanap ng mga potential used car buyer.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by sean-archer View Post
    2006 model with just 52k on the clock, wow, ganyan hinahanap ng mga potential used car buyer.

I have a 2016 Innova with only 9,268 km on it lol. just had a change oil in Toyota last week. . Im usually at a quandary on when to change oil because I don't know which to follow time or mileage. I know that mineral oil degrades over time (so it's a must to follow the 5000 or 6 most whichever comes first) but as far as fully synthetic is concerned I'm still googling if also does..

I am reading this forum about oil change interval. what strikes me is this contribution by a forumgoer which I quote:

"Every time you change the oil, you open up the engine to possible contamination. Plus, you run the risk of doubling up a sealing gasket on the filter, stripping a thread, overfilling, underfilling, replacing a good product with one that is defective, having the car fall off the jackstand, starting the car by accident when the oil is drained. There is plenty of discussion on this site about how long oil will last and it is definitely not 3,000 miles - it's far longer. Changing more often that needed accomplishes nothing. A maintained engine will essentially never fail because of oil, and in general, the car will fall apart before the engine does."

3. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by r0n1n_ View Post
    I have a 2016 Innova with only 9,268 km on it lol. just had a change oil in Toyota last week. . Im usually at a quandary on when to change oil because I don't know which to follow time or mileage. I know that mineral oil degrades over time (so it's a must to follow the 5000 or 6 most whichever comes first) but as far as fully synthetic is concerned I'm still googling if also does..

I am reading this forum about oil change interval. what strikes me is this contribution by a forumgoer which I quote:

"Every time you change the oil, you open up the engine to possible contamination. Plus, you run the risk of doubling up a sealing gasket on the filter, stripping a thread, overfilling, underfilling, replacing a good product with one that is defective, having the car fall off the jackstand, starting the car by accident when the oil is drained. There is plenty of discussion on this site about how long oil will last and it is definitely not 3,000 miles - it's far longer. Changing more often that needed accomplishes nothing. A maintained engine will essentially never fail because of oil, and in general, the car will fall apart before the engine does."

How does very short OCI's hurt an engine? - Bob Is The Oil Guy

4. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Yes, change the oil. Especially if it's been doing predominantly short trips (average 150 km per month since Apr. 2016).

If you continue to drive it like that, I would change the oil every year, if it were me. Well, it should be every 6 months if you follow by the book. But with your specific case, I think it will do 1 year OCI just fine. I'll use fully-synth, though, as they fare better with longer time-based OCIs.
    Thanks mate

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    two reasons why i change my oil:
    1. too much gunk already circulating in the oil; and
    2. the oil has lost its efficacy. not the oil as a lubricating agent, but the additives that make the oil a better lubricating agent.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Yes, change the oil. Especially if it's been doing predominantly short trips (average 150 km per month since Apr. 2016).

If you continue to drive it like that, I would change the oil every year, if it were me. Well, it should be every 6 months if you follow by the book. But with your specific case, I think it will do 1 year OCI just fine. I'll use fully-synth, though, as they fare better with longer time-based OCIs.
    FS oil for longer OCI, two thumbs up

7. Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Hi! How often do I have to do drain and fill of atf for k20? How much fluid should I buy every time?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tarzegetakizerd View Post
    Hi! How often do I have to do drain and fill of atf for k20? How much fluid should I buy every time?
    Honda requires ATF change for their AT cars every 40k km. It uses around 4-5 liters of ATF. Just make sure to use the Honda-spec ATF or you might risk wrecking your tranny.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I also plan to upgrade to a 2.0 fd civic from lancer pizza. malaki ba difference in terms of fuel consumption between a matic and a manual tranny for the k20 engine?

10. Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by iandvo View Post
    I also plan to upgrade to a 2.0 fd civic from lancer pizza. malaki ba difference in terms of fuel consumption between a matic and a manual tranny for the k20 engine?
    meron daw. pero minimal nalang. mas apektado pa din ng driving habits hehe. k20 AT user here.

mahirap na din maghanap ng MT na k20 ngayon. they'll ask for higher price because it is "rare"

Honda Civic FD Body [continued]