New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Ford Fiesta kase parang mas mahal siya in terms of maintenance pag naluma na or matanda na siya pero pag Honda mas madami ang available na aftermarket parts at OEM parts kesa sa Ford na hindi ganun ka affordable at parang maliit lang ata resale value ng Ford pag balak mo na ibenta.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    mas mataas definitely ang resale value ng Honda compare sa Ford.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by marion2 View Post
    Ford Fiesta kase parang mas mahal siya in terms of maintenance pag naluma na or matanda na siya pero pag Honda mas madami ang available na aftermarket parts at OEM parts kesa sa Ford na hindi ganun ka affordable at parang maliit lang ata resale value ng Ford pag balak mo na ibenta.
    I agree... can`t go wrong with a honda. heheheh

japanese cars FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by harold13 View Post
    mas mataas definitely ang resale value ng Honda compare sa Ford.
    Which is good for the City. Coz if I have a City, I'd be worried about the resale value. I own the Fiesta, and I know it's a keeper!

I don't mean to start a war. I just find it unusual that people immediately think about resale, when they haven't even bought the car yet. Siguro ganun lang talaga ang car ownership routine nila, buy it, use it for 3-4 years, sell it before headaches appear. I respect that. I just can't afford car ownership turn around times that quickly.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    for me, and this is just me folks, I'd take the Ford Fiesta. it looks better and they say it drives better. the City is underpowered as they say but it looks good too though, especially a white one.

don't worry about the resale value too, you don't buy a car to sell it. you buy a car to use and enjoy driving it. and if you still worry about resale value, just keep the car in tip top shape.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by paolorenzo View Post
    Which is good for the City. Coz if I have a City, I'd be worried about the resale value. I own the Fiesta, and I know it's a keeper!
    i'm a honda guy through and through. i know they have good resale/residual value, but despite that, my cars are keepers. i still have my 2000 honda city type z with 145,000km on it. the car is still reliable as ever.

i'm also not starting a war. my point is that i just happen to be comfortable with hondas. so all things being equal, i just went with my preference and chose the city over the fiesta.

lemme tell you though, it was pretty close between the two of them for a while.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    had the same dilemma last year..

when i first saw the fiesta during the campi car show, i knew that was the next car i was going to get. i was really tempted to pay the reservation fee right then and there because it really looked impressive.

but after considering these factors:
    -availability of parts
    -reliability
    -re-sale value
    -aftermarket parts available
    -opinion of friends who have tried honda/ford

i bought the honda city

[SIZE=1]i do believe that the fiesta is a great car though, maybe next time when the fiesta is more tried and tested here in the country [/SIZE]

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    I'd go for Honda City na. Lalo na if FREE Honda City yan from BPI. Hahaha. Kaka-enroll ko lang sa BPI Express Online! It's a nice service from BPI because it's super convenient plus I get the chance to win that Red Honda City pa! Here's the link http://bpiopen247.com in case you want a FREE Honda City. hahaha Sino ba naman ayaw di ba.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Choices ko rin to dati (vios, city or fiesta). dagdag ko lang sa reason sa pag bili ko ng fiesta. Parang matibay yon structure ng fiesta. fiesta uses boron steel for its critical parts. sobra ata tibay yon steel na to. Also, tingin ko parang thicker yon kaha ng fiesta compared sa city, sacrifice lang siguro sa FC kasi medyo bibigat. Sabi kasi nila "built tough" daw ford.

Tapos parang di ako sang-ayon sa honda na di nila pinapayagan gawing taxi ang kotse nila. Bibili ka na nga sa kanila may condisyon pa.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Actually napansin ko yan, ang bigat ng pinto ng Fiesta, very meaty talaga. Unlike yung sa Yaris ko ang gaan ng pinto parang may hangin sa loob...

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
honda city or ford fiesta??