New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    For me ha the Fiesta S is not bumpy at all I feel its actually quite supple (of course the Santa Fe and the Accord is more supple)... IMO the Civic FD is even more harsher when you hit pot holes... The Yaris too feels more matagtag than the Fiesta S. No idea with the regular Fiesta...
    Agree on the Civic being bumpier... disagree with the Yaris... though it's been a long while since our test unit.

The Fiesta S is supple enough, but it feels harsh over sudden bumps and potholes. Don't know if it's the 16" mags or the initial spring resistance. Once you get into longer strokes on the suspension, though, it's all shock absorber, and the Fiesta's shocks are excellent.

The standard Fiesta suspension is even more supple, and roll control is still very good. I'd say a 1.4 Fiesta hatch or even the sedan would make a good toy car for zipping up and down mountain roads. They feel like small Focuses.

Still torn on the steering. When you're pushing hard, it's more communicative than the Mazda2 by a slight margin, but it feels kind of vague around the straight ahead, compared to the Mazda2, which is light but precise at all times.

Bitin yung drive namin... and we had all day to work with the cars. I'm looking forward to a longer term test drive, hopefully back-to-back with the Mazda2. Both cars are such competent handlers that it's hard to pick between the two in terms of carving ability... though the ultra-light Mazda definitely has the advantage in get-up-and-go.
    Last edited by niky; November 15th, 2010 at 05:45 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Maybe you should test drive a Yaris again... Just drove it yesterday and the Fiesta today and I still believe the Fiesta S is more supple than the Yaris...

I measure matagtag by the butt factor hehehe. Pag mas naramdaman ng pwet ko yung pothole mas matagtag!

In the Civic FD's case the hard seats don't help its cause... Lalong mas masakit sa pwet...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    the gas lid of a city can be locked and protected from evil doers...

the gas lid of the fiesta can be opened with just one click...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I could easily just use a screwdriver to open the lid on the City and I am free cause the cap has no lock. Sa Fiesta the lid opens easily one click, pero once you open the lid the tricky part arises. How to open the spring loaded capless fuel filler, you gotta find a tool that looks like a fuel nozzle to open that up...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    * tidus, good point.

ei.. thanks for the feedback guys! I'm not the poster, pero I'm also considering City (or jazz) versus Fiesta! so far Fiesta pa rin ako...
    Let's see pag bibili nako kung ano ang final verdict.
    share nyo pa pros and cons ng both cars! =)

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TEST DRIVE! TEST DRIVE! TEST DRIVE!

My only advice. One that is done, I think you can have a verdict!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    TEST DRIVE! TEST DRIVE! TEST DRIVE!

My only advice. One that is done, I think you can have a verdict!
    Tama ka dito Tidus, I still don't plan to test drive yet, If I do that at mainlove lalo sa Fiesta, baka lalo ako hnde makatulog at mabaliw kaka antay ng next year....
    Sa ngayon ok na muna ako sa tulo laway mode whenever I see one..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just drove the Ford Fiesta (practically all variants).

One thing I noticed is the 1.6L A/T is sluggish getting up from either a dead stop or a low speed.

That makes the 1.4L quicker in city driving.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Just drove the Ford Fiesta (practically all variants).

One thing I noticed is the 1.6L A/T is sluggish getting up from either a dead stop or a low speed.

That makes the 1.4L quicker in city driving.
    I found a solution to that, try activating the grade assist. I notice on parking lot speeds it stopped gear hunting. Some people suggested using L, have not tried that myself...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I found a solution to that, try activating the grade assist. I notice on parking lot speeds it stopped gear hunting. Some people suggested using L, have not tried that myself...

Does grade assist automatically turn off (somehow) or remains "on" until you turn off the engine?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
honda city or ford fiesta??