The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ano ang mas pipiliin nio.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    haha same problem rin.

If I were to choose, Fiesta na kaso mas practical yata ang 1.3 City pagdating sa gas.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    d nga din tlga ako makapag decide kung ano tlga sa dlawa ehh..

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    fiesta bro para bago naman.... dami na naka civic

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    CITY hindi CIVIC

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    A straight comparison isn't so easy. First you have to ask yourself, "What am I looking for in a car?"

Also, are you looking at the high end models, or just the low end m/t models? The hatchback Fiesta or the sedan?

If you're looking at the Sport Fiesta, then it's superior in so many ways. Fuel economy, power, probably even comfort, and a lot other smaller things. However, there are plenty of reasons why you'd want to choose a City.

The City is more elegant looking. This may be a +1 for more mature buyers, as opposed to the more sporty look of the Fiesta. Also, the interior feels much more luxurious on the City.

As for fuel economy on the lower end models, you'll have to wait for reports from others who already have theirs. I'd imagine they won't be too far off from each other for m/t, but I'm sure that if you're looking at City E vs Fiesta S, the Fiesta should win hands down.

What are your major points for consideration for purchasing a car?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The City is roomier... though I don't like the seats as much. And I hold Honda and Mazda plastics a notch above others in this class. The Fiesta's plastics come a distant second or third.

The Fiesta drives better, though. Even the sedan... which feels like a sharper, tighter Focus. Interior space is actually pretty good... as good as the Toyota opposition with much, much more trunk space. It's just that the City has more interior space than anything else and the City trunk is ginormous.

If we're going 1.4 Fiesta versus 1.3 City... I'd go for the Fiesta. The manual transmission isn't quite as sweet to the touch as the Honda's, but it's got punchy performance. If we're going 1.5 versus 1.6... well... Honda's 5AT has long gears, but the 1.5 liter engine effectively covers the lack in gearing. The Fiesta dual-clutch is programmed more for cruising than overtaking, and it can get confused at times... fumbling double-downshifts... not giving you an overtaking gear right away. All in the interest of economy, likely... but from initial reports, economy is merely as good (or bad, depending on how you view it) as the City/Jazz 1.5 (which is apparently not as good as the older CVT City/Jazz 1.5).

The sport suspension on the Fiesta is a bit stiff for local conditions. The regular suspension is actually letter-perfect... the 1.4 Fiesta Trend handles with verve and aplomb, a match (in my opinion) for the Mazda2 hatchback or the first-generation Jazz, without sacrificing ride quality like the S does.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    If we're going 1.5 versus 1.6... well... Honda's 5AT has long gears, but the 1.5 liter engine effectively covers the lack in gearing. The Fiesta dual-clutch is programmed more for cruising than overtaking, and it can get confused at times... fumbling double-downshifts... not giving you an overtaking gear right away. All in the interest of economy, likely... but from initial reports, economy is merely as good (or bad, depending on how you view it) as the City/Jazz 1.5 (which is apparently not as good as the older CVT City/Jazz 1.5).
    I thought I was the only one who noticed this. I feel that the fiesta's shifting is unpredictable.....

9. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I think fuel consumption at this point is pretty much equal for both, I would say go for the Honda since you don't have to wait for it. They both look good in their own ways, and I'm sure you can't go wrong with either of them.

One thing to note is that the suspension of a Fiesta S feels similar to a Gen. Coupe(bumpy), like sir Niky said the regular suspension is much better for everyday driving.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    For me ha the Fiesta S is not bumpy at all I feel its actually quite supple (of course the Santa Fe and the Accord is more supple)... IMO the Civic FD is even more harsher when you hit pot holes... The Yaris too feels more matagtag than the Fiesta S. No idea with the regular Fiesta...

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
honda city or ford fiesta??