New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm... if you can do it istan's way, go for it. If not, and for your peace of mind, have it tinted outside. Chances are, aftermarket tint installers can do a better job. And then forget about that dealership and go elsewhere.

Honda dealers didn't use to have such a bad rep as regards aftersales service. Apparently, they've been relying too much on their "prestige", completely forgetting about providing the customers who've given them this laurel the service they so deserve. It's just so ironic that the dealerships who demand that you have everything serviced by them (and charge you an arm and a leg for the service) to be able to claim warranty are not as competent as they should be.
    Last edited by IMm29; December 8th, 2006 at 11:34 AM.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Just an update on my tint problem.

Honda Manila is now willing to replace my tint on the side windows but not on my front and back windshields. Their explanation??
    Since my front windshield is made up of only 1 cut, I should have signed a waiver that makes me liable should there be bubbles in it. The sad thing is . . . they did not explain this to me and no waiver was handed for me to sign.
    As for the back windshield, they won't replace it since according to them it will destroy the defogger as the tint has already stuck unto it. If I insist that it be replaced, I should sign a waiver removing them from any liability should the defogger get destroyed in the process. And according to them, a defogger costs around P20k+++.

Well, at least I'll have some parts replaced.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    sobrang daming masamang honda dealerships a ..... and oo madlas nga mga snob pa mga tao sa loob e kala mo wala kang pambili ng kotse e magkano lang mga kotse nila

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    "Since my front windshield is made up of only 1 cut, I should have signed a waiver that makes me liable should there be bubbles in it. The sad thing is . . . they did not explain this to me and no waiver was handed for me to sign."

Yan ang sabihin mo sa kanila. No waiver akong na sign, so they should replace it pa rin. You should've signed a waiver...but you didn't, so what's their problem now...Pwede mu pa rin habulin yun harap mo.

Ginawa mo yun pag bang ng table?

For you rear...yeah, professional installer ka na lng. Baka mamaya sadyain pang sirain yun defogger mo. Yun front mo...kita lng naman nila mawawala e. Not your problem.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon_488 View Post
    1. Plate Number
    - I requested for an ending 8. I was told that this could take up to a month of waiting. I said it was okay. My plate number was released after 2 months. >_<
    But that is not the issue here. The real issue is this:
    I brought a friend to the same agent as mine. She bought a Civic two weeks after me and requested for an ending 8 also. Her plate number was release 2 weeks ahead of mine. How the hell did that happen?
    baka cutiepie yong friend mo, pa-pogi yong agent.

2. Tint Bubbles
    - I noticed bubbles in the tint of my car the day after I got it. I brought this to Honda's attention and they instructed me to put my car in direct sunlight since according to them the tint was still wet.

After a week nothing happened, and so I complained to them again. They told me that since it was rainy season, it will take longer to dry up the tint. I have to observe for another week.

Again I went back the next week only to receive the same comments from them.

Since I didn't have a plate, I went back to using my old car for quite some time (neglecting the tint bubble issue).
    When my plate was released (after 2 months), I drove like hell and got to 1,000kms pretty quick. I had it serviced in Honda Manila and complained to them again about the tint. They told me that they were gonna replaced it the next week (since no one was available to work on it that day) since it is still under warranty.

I went back the next week and purchased fog lamps from them as well. I instructed them to install the fog lamps and replace the tints simultaneously.

To my disappointment, only the fog lamps were installed when I got back. They told me that the tint were not replaced since they were not under warranty anymore. According to them, it's been 2 1/2 months since my car was released. BULLSHIT! I explained to them to check on their records and that I have been complaining many times about the tint bubbles already. They gave me a deaf ear and told me that there's nothing they can do about it.

Darn! Talking about customer service...
    Stick around tsikot.com long enough and you'll discover to never get from casa those accesories like tints and fog lamps. There are way better choices and better workmanship outside.

Sorry to hear about your bad experiences with Honda though. Stressing!
    In general yata, nag-deteriorate na ang customer service nila.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung foglamps Php3.6k/pr lang sa Banawe. Wala pang 30mins ang install. Sinamahan ng kapatid ko magpalagay yung lady friend niya for a 2k6 Civic. Pinatint din nila (seamless windshield). Php3.8k lahat using 3M film. Titanium film with seamless windshield was quoted at Php2.5k. Sa Jaffas Banawe po ito.

The defogger is practically useless. You're not even supposed to use it with window film in place. Of course, you still could if you wanted to. A broken defogger has never left a car stranded in the middle of nowhere. Btw, when I had the 10 year old Vitara re-tinted at Araneta Car Accessories, hindi din nasira yung defogger. Though I wouldn't really mind kung masira nila since the vehicle is old and no one uses the rear defogger anyways.

Huwag lang nila masira yung glass embedded antenna ng Civic.
    Last edited by OTEP; December 8th, 2006 at 09:35 PM.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by swordsman View Post
    baka cutiepie yong friend mo, pa-pogi yong agent.
    O nga! Baka nagpa-papogi sa friend mo ;) Hehehe!

Stick around tsikot.com long enough and you'll discover to never get from casa those accesories like tints and fog lamps. There are way better choices and better workmanship outside.
    Yes, sad but true. They charge you exorbitant rates for accessories that are "original" and "exclusive to dealers" which are to be installed for an entire day by their "competent" in-house technicians so as not to void the vehicle's warranty, yet these items can be purchased outside for a more reasonable price, installed better, quicker and more creatively by your suking installer. Plus, you get to see how they install it.

Sorry to hear about your bad experiences with Honda though. Stressing! In general yata, nag-deteriorate na ang customer service nila.
    Unfortunately.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Since my front windshield is made up of only 1 cut, I should have signed a waiver that makes me liable should there be bubbles in it. The sad thing is . . . they did not explain this to me and no waiver was handed for me to sign.
    No signed waiver on your part, no problem for you. They should replace the windshield tint. Now, if they have you sign a waiver, and this is the only way you can get them to replace your front tint, sign it. If they do a good job, well and good. They should've done that in the first place. If they f_ck up the job again, then it's time to go to your suking tindahan. Bayad ka lang, pero at least matino na.

As for the back windshield, they won't replace it since according to them it will destroy the defogger as the tint has already stuck unto it. If I insist that it be replaced, I should sign a waiver removing them from any liability should the defogger get destroyed in the process. And according to them, a defogger costs around P20k+++.
    Well, the defogger has been a perennial problem when removing tint. So far, my tint installer hasn't damaged the defoggers on the cars I bring to him. I'm still lucky, I suppose. Or are there really installers who are competent and careful when removing tint? Their having you sign a waiver for tint is their admission that their installer is not as competent as they need him to be. If I were you, I wouldn't have Honda touch it your rear window. Try asking/looking around for reputable shops with tint installers. These guys should be able to take that tint off safely since it's relatively new.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Have the back tint removed by a professional tint installer. Then bring it back to honda manila to have it replaced. Don't forget to slam the table when you demand for it

As for the front, let honda manila redo it all. As you said, no harm can be done to it anyway

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    As for the back windshield, they won't replace it since according to them it will destroy the defogger as the tint has already stuck unto it. If I insist that it be replaced, I should sign a waiver removing them from any liability should the defogger get destroyed in the process.

duh.... when i had my 6 year old car retinted two years ago, natanggal nung tinter ng maayos yung rear defogger ko.... yung sa iyo wala pang isang taon ganyan na reason nila? that's b/s men....

imho... even honda alabang and honda makati gives poor service.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Is Honda aftersales service really bad or just Honda Manila?