New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    I've learned my lesson the hard way. Been saving for the Mazda 3 until the new Civic enchanted me to get one right away.

And since I'm in Manila, the nearest place I could get one was in Honda Cars Manila... And now my problems with this branch began to pile up.

1. Plate Number
    - I requested for an ending 8. I was told that this could take up to a month of waiting. I said it was okay. My plate number was released after 2 months. >_<
    But that is not the issue here. The real issue is this:
    I brought a friend to the same agent as mine. She bought a Civic two weeks after me and requested for an ending 8 also. Her plate number was release 2 weeks ahead of mine. How the hell did that happen?

2. Tint Bubbles
    - I noticed bubbles in the tint of my car the day after I got it. I brought this to Honda's attention and they instructed me to put my car in direct sunlight since according to them the tint was still wet.

After a week nothing happened, and so I complained to them again. They told me that since it was rainy season, it will take longer to dry up the tint. I have to observe for another week.

Again I went back the next week only to receive the same comments from them.

Since I didn't have a plate, I went back to using my old car for quite some time (neglecting the tint bubble issue).
    When my plate was released (after 2 months), I drove like hell and got to 1,000kms pretty quick. I had it serviced in Honda Manila and complained to them again about the tint. They told me that they were gonna replaced it the next week (since no one was available to work on it that day) since it is still under warranty.

I went back the next week and purchased fog lamps from them as well. I instructed them to install the fog lamps and replace the tints simultaneously.

To my disappointment, only the fog lamps were installed when I got back. They told me that the tint were not replaced since they were not under warranty anymore. According to them, it's been 2 1/2 months since my car was released. BULLSHIT! I explained to them to check on their records and that I have been complaining many times about the tint bubbles already. They gave me a deaf ear and told me that there's nothing they can do about it.

Darn! Talking about customer service...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    depende sa'n san ka na ba nagpaservice?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mostly.

As for complaints, dapat ipa-document mo talaga. They will fight tooth and nail para hindi mo makuha ang claim mo.

Sa Kia/Nissan if you have a complaint and hindi nila ma-address during the time you came, they will write it down sa form nila. May copy ka and may copy sila. Basta noted ang complaint mo. Then coordinate na lang kung kailan ka babalik para ma-address nila.

Ilang ARAW ba ang warranty ng Honda? AFAIK, the vehicle and all its original accessories (tint included) are covered by the standard vehicle warranty. The warranty on the workmanship of the tint (e.g. for bubbles, wrong cuts, etc.) can be shorter pero dapat explicitly stated din ang period of coverage.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Sa Honda Cars Manila / Honda Otis

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    nakow, blak ko pa naman bumili ng FD sa Honda Manila.....now i dont know which Honda dealer i should go to....i tot ok sa Manila....

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    dati magaling ang Honda Alabang ... DATI YUN. dalawa na lang tao dun may alam ng customer care : si Gimelle & Mr. Simbulan

nakakainis na dun - pag di ka yata taga AAV di ka aasikasuhin ng maayos ...
    Last edited by nemo's friend; December 8th, 2006 at 12:45 AM.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    There goes the highest resale value vehicle sa pinas! Yey! HONDA!
    Dati..gandang ganda ako sa CIVIC..ngayon parang...hmm..wag na lang, kahit na magpalabas ka ng 2nd gen.
    Overpriced vehicle and for a bayong full of money, inde pa maganda ang service. Sakit lng ng ulo ang binili.

For the tint, if kaya, kausapin mo ang kinausap mo dati. If ayaw umintindi..hanap ka ng table, bang it hard and make a scene. Pag lumabas ang branch manager, sigawan mo. Don't back down...tumapang ka. Demand it to fixed ASAP.
    Then patint mo sa harapan mo. After that, wag ka na bumalik sa dealer na yun.

*IMPT - 1. do not back down. I buhos mo na lahat ng sama ng loob.
    2. Wag magsakit ng tao. Just up your voice yun lng. Foul yun mga punch and stuff. Of course pag, yun kausap mo nauna, you can always file for harrassment and such.

2 cents...yun lng kasi ginagawa ko e. Usually..nasusunod ang gusto ko.

Of course, if you don't want to make a scene as above, you can go to your nearest friendly tinter. Banawe, Evangelista...dami dun. I'm sure tsikoteers here would be able to help you.
    Last edited by ian_rex; December 8th, 2006 at 11:53 AM.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    welcome to the club! :grouphugg:

after-sales service of honda's dealers sucks!

honda itself sucks!

ours was butchered. from tint to dashboard. you name it.

tapos sabihin nila na excluded sa warranty ang rattle sa dashboard. (read the warranty booklet.)

honda's treatment of its customers, as well as the quality of its products, is awfully bad, and this is alarming. that is why we are bent on legally challenging honda's callousness. it will be mutually destructive, but this is the only way that to let honda know that we will not sleep on our rights and that we deserve what we paid for.

whining about honda's poor marketing practices may not be enough to put an end to this.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    ako po sa honda quezon ave nag papaservice. no complaints so far. yung sa sister ko na city was bought sa honda manila din. sobrang tagal din na release yung plate.
    yung warranty ng revo ko na 3year/100,000 km will end sa dec 18. last tuesday nov 28 i brought it to toyota balintawak to complain about my power side mirror not responding to the controls. they checked the wiring if it was faulty. after making sure na ok wiring ng salamin and makin sure ok siya, they replaced the whole side mirror assembly sa left side free of charge under warranty. saved me almost 10thou for a new side mirror.
    baka bulok lang talaga sa honda manila. i noticed na wala nga masyadong pila sa service entrance nila, not like dun sa quezon ave.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think you're only asking about after sales service in the philippines, but if it helps....my personal observation on Honda US dealers is that some of them are starting to get arrogant. their vehicle sales keep breaking records and they are getting spoiled by people falling all over themselves to give them money....and it's manifesting itself in how some of them treat their customers.

some of them still get it (like the one near me in Florida), but some of the others (like the ones in Socal that i know well - they used to be clients of mine) just aren't that customer focused anymore....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Is Honda aftersales service really bad or just Honda Manila?