New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmarks View Post
    Hindi lang porma yan, My auto electrician once said, it is a simple, cheap way to improve electrical efficiency on your car, lalo na pag old car, kung mapapansin nyo bkt nyo kailangan linisin terminal ng battery nyo? because pag nagkaroon ng buildup ng carbons or calcium, humuhina current and EFI loves current.
    The effectiveness will really depend on the person you asked. For example; magnetic medical bracelets. They claim to cure certain illness, but no physical proof.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by onemph05 View Post
    The effectiveness will really depend on the person you asked. For example; magnetic medical bracelets. They claim to cure certain illness, but no physical proof.
    effectiveness will depend on the person who installed it, Magnetic bracelets are OT and are pure bogus.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmarks View Post
    Please read my post carefully, I didnt say 'HP' i said 'improvement' because it has nothing more to gain unless you upgrade the engine or the ECU. Grounding kit improves the flow of current, especially if you have an old car, lumalabo connection habang tumatagal so grounding kits just improves the flow.
    Dapat pala hindi ko quinote post mo.

Anyway, I'm just saying na wala siyang HP gains contrary sa popular belief.

By the way, instead of buying fake HKS grounding kits you can actually make one by yourself.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    *renzo_d10
    No problem bro,
    You can DIY your ground kit, parts are readily available on radio shops or electrical stores.

5. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    aftermarket grounding kits are unnecessary. if the original wiring harness is not damaged or corroded, there should be no need to install one. this only adds to the vehicle weight and decrease the mpg rating of the car. if you can measure the difference in the ground circuit of any load against the negative post of the battery and it does not exceed 0.2 volts of drop in the ground, the original must be sufficient.
    Very well said jick.cejoco. elec engr here..maganda ang punto ng mga kasama natin na nagcomment sa taas. if ok pa ang physical condition and pag conduct ng electricity ng stock hindi na ito kelangan papalitan kung gusto mong makatipid. i believe yong nagdesign ng electrical system ng car kinonsider na rin ito..like sizes of conductor, etc. i also believe na it wont add any performance. its more of a cosmetic thing kasi makakapili ka ng magandang kulay na gusto mong iaccent sa kulay ng car mo. gaya nga ng sabi ng mga unang nagpost na you can DIY kung meron kang tools. like yong crimping tool para sa terminals nito. mas maganda na ilaan mo ang iyong pera sa mas makakatulong sa performance ng car mo if doon ka nakaincline.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    For a stock car with a new-ish wiring system, there will be very little effect... if any.

For a modified car with a powerful sound system, having the extra grounding can help prevent the lights from dimming too much with every "whoomp" of the subwoofer...

In terms of power... it's hit-or-miss. To make any appreciable power on a stock car, a grounding kit has to be specifically tested and installed on that vehicle... preferably on the dyno. It's hit or miss, really, and the extra 2-3 hp is not worth all the hassle of all that set-up time.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
is grounding kit really effective?