New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmitsulancer View Post
    IMO, i think the fixed rear seats for all variants became present ever since the City became a locally assembled unit instead of coming from Thailand. Yes, it is not an improvement- at least they could have added the usual 60/40 split rear seat back. on the brighter side, at least there are compartments. that is a feature not found on the Vios.

Looking forward to the Next-Gen GE City (fit aria?)
    Ganun ba Ianmitsulancer? Based on the first post kasi, the absence of the ULT feature was introduced in the current 2008 model only. So I assumed that last year's version (2007) still had ULT seats, besides Honda Philippines website still lists ULT as on of the features of the City.

Ano ba yung compartments? Para ba itong cabinets sa ilalim ng seats?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by blueguy View Post
    ^^ So when is the best time to buy a CITY?
    Sana inabutan ko yung ULT seats. That means 2007, if I'm not mistaken. But it's not a deal-breaker, just something they should have kept rather than removed.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    Medyo mali yung pag-bilang nyo ng "generations". You see, there are only two generations of the City from a chassis point of view.

The first one was the "SX8" chassis sold from 1996-2002. Facelift lang noon yung mga "Type Z" models, but the chassis of both is still the same heavily-modified EF Civic from 1988-1991.

The second-generation Cities use the "GD" chassis, as shared with the Jazz. The extended-nose version sold from 2006 onward, called the "ZX" in other countries, is merely a facelift.

The third-generation Cities would be based on the "GE" chassis, as employed by the new Jazz/Fit. No news yet on a third-generation successor to the City but it might come a year or two after the GE Jazz is launched locally.
    Kaya pala I feel like driving an old Civic when driving the Type-Z. It's not that a bad thing that I'm relating it to an old Civic but I still feel that the City Type-Z is one of the best practical cars on the road. For point A to point B driving, it simply is tough to beat. I've driven a 2002 Type Z LXi matic and a 1998 1.5EXi City, so far both cars impressed me. Their suspensions were great in absorbing bumps, compliant and handles quite good (although a candidate for a shock upgrade). But what strike me the most is the fuel efficiency. Matulin talaga kahit yung 1.3L matic without spending much gas. I drove one from Libis to Pulilan Bulacan to Clark, Pampanga and back to manila and I averaged 15km/l!!!
    Which really shocked me cause I've been thrashing the engine the whole time (well about 80% of time actually), redline upshifts and pushed the car up to 150kph (the skinny tires is not confidence inspiring, so is the lightweight not helping either, crosswinds alert hehehe) for a MATIC, that is so impressive. It is a guilt-free fun to drive car. I can't imagine how much better is the top line 1.5L City Type Z VTi with 1.5L VTEC engine and manual transmission, slightly wider and lower profile tires with 14inch rims and 4 wheel disc brakes.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    yup, parang glove box sa ilalim ng seats. Sana Honda retained a 60/40 feature na lang. Kase common naman na ito, plus if augmented with the under seat compartments it would have been great.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_Bird View Post
    Ganun ba Ianmitsulancer? Based on the first post kasi, the absence of the ULT feature was introduced in the current 2008 model only. So I assumed that last year's version (2007) still had ULT seats, besides Honda Philippines website still lists ULT as on of the features of the City.

Sana inabutan ko yung ULT seats. That means 2007, if I'm not mistaken. But it's not a deal-breaker, just something they should have kept rather than removed.

Honda introduced the "2008" City (sans ULT seats) last July 2007 (in anticipation of the launch of the 2008 Vios the following month, August 2007). So if it were me, the best time to buy this type of City body would have been anytime within the first half of the year 2007.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    ^^ Thanks for the clarification number001. Last year pa pala nila ito tinanggal.

Tapos kung bibili ka naman ngayon, malapit na palitan yung model (sa 2009 daw yung all-new model). But I guess it's still a very practical car, given the current pricing.

7. Join Date
    May 2007

No ULT seats was based on the City Brochure since 2007 facelift po sir. as for the compartments, i havent seen one yet but i quote what hcdangan said about that. in conclusion, YES, tama si number001. The City is still a good car. Aside from the fixed seats, its feature content is even better than that of the Civic's 10 years ago!

*sotingcoacs- if ok with you, please post the link of the information you got na lalabas ang city by mid-year. i'm also anticipating another model from thailand- an SUV from the other brand. the upcoming Jazz is too much of an egg shape (nothing negative about it)- i just wonder how it will be with a trunk!

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    Kaya pala I feel like driving an old Civic when driving the Type-Z. It's not that a bad thing that I'm relating it to an old Civic but I still feel that the City Type-Z is one of the best practical cars on the road. For point A to point B driving, it simply is tough to beat. I've driven a 2002 Type Z LXi matic and a 1998 1.5EXi City, so far both cars impressed me. Their suspensions were great in absorbing bumps, compliant and handles quite good (although a candidate for a shock upgrade). But what strike me the most is the fuel efficiency. Matulin talaga kahit yung 1.3L matic without spending much gas. I drove one from Libis to Pulilan Bulacan to Clark, Pampanga and back to manila and I averaged 15km/l!!!
    Which really shocked me cause I've been thrashing the engine the whole time (well about 80% of time actually), redline upshifts and pushed the car up to 150kph (the skinny tires is not confidence inspiring, so is the lightweight not helping either, crosswinds alert hehehe) for a MATIC, that is so impressive. It is a guilt-free fun to drive car. I can't imagine how much better is the top line 1.5L City Type Z VTi with 1.5L VTEC engine and manual transmission, slightly wider and lower profile tires with 14inch rims and 4 wheel disc brakes.
    The SX8's not-so-secret weapon is its weight. For a car of that vintage, it was a rarity because it weighed just under one ton (1000 kg) when everything else started to pile on the kilos. Depending on spec, an SX8 City weighs anywhere from 950-970 kg.

That light weight bestowed a number of benefits: good fuel economy (despite aging D-series engines), good acceleration and great handling.

Being based on the old EF Civics also brought one other remarkable trait: outstanding visibility due to thin A-pillars and a very low dashboard and hood-line. This is why I recommend an SX8 as a training car for new drivers, especially for tight maneuvers like parking. By comparison, the GD-series Jazzes and Cities actually have more blind spots.

Medyo OT na. Hehehe. Back to topic tayo

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    tinanggal ang ULT seats? diba isa to sa mga pinakamagandang features sa City? Pero ok din ang mga underfloor compartments- perfect for smuggling! but they should have put in both. Sana pina-redesign nalang nila ang dash medyo boring na kasi e... tapus dappat din pinalakasan nila ng konti ang 1.3 engine, 82hp is just to little mas malakas nga ang 1.3 Vios (by 3 hp) but I like the new front and rear fascia

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Sir, ano po ang mabibili ng budget ko 400K...honda city idsi po ang gusto ko automatic. kaya po kaya ito ng budget ko?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Changes on the 2008 Honda City