New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    For those who are wondering...

Hi. I got a 2008 Honda City 1.3S IDSI CVT a month ago and it looked pretty much like the 2006/2007 City. I called my Honda Dealer and asked them the specific difference between the new City and the previous model. Here's what they told me:

1. It has a new JVC head unit that has a USB port for S variants and above.
    2. The rear seats are now fixed -you can no longer fold them to access the trunk (Damn! Why did they have to do this!). But there are now 2 compartments under the rear seats.
    3. There is a silver ring accent on the tail lights.
    4. Keyless entry for all variants.
    5. The 1.3 variants now also have immobilizers.
    6. New alloy mags.
    7. Dual maplights near the rear view mirror.

Everything else...is the same. So the rumor about the City's facelift this year is not true.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    This year might be the last 4th gen City, next year baka lumabas na yung 5th gen City which should look somewhat like the 2nd gen Jazz....

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    This year might be the last 4th gen City, next year baka lumabas na yung 5th gen City which should look somewhat like the 2nd gen Jazz....
    They tried to make the 3rd gen city look like the Jazz and it didn't look pretty at all and a lot of people complained about that (a review at motioncars.com even described it as looking like Darth Vader's helmet). So Honda redesigned it to make it look more like a standard sedan (4th gen City). I think they will come up with a facelift that will compete directly with the VIOS in terms of looks and style of a sedan. I do hope that it will have an impact like the Civic FD, though that would be too much wishful thinking.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

The looks of the City just do not sink well with me. Like they say,- "either you love it or you hate it". That is why I opted for the Jazz. The ULT seat is one of the most practical things on either of these cars. I just wonder why they have to remove this feature from the 2008 City? Oh well.....

5808:bee:

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hcdangan View Post
    For those who are wondering...

Hi. I got a 2008 Honda City 1.3S IDSI CVT a month ago and it looked pretty much like the 2006/2007 City. I called my Honda Dealer and asked them the specific difference between the new City and the previous model. Here's what they told me:

1. It has a new JVC head unit that has a USB port for S variants and above.
    2. The rear seats are now fixed -you can no longer fold them to access the trunk (Damn! Why did they have to do this!). But there are now 2 compartments under the rear seats.
    3. There is a silver ring accent on the tail lights.
    4. Keyless entry for all variants.
    5. The 1.3 variants now also have immobilizers.
    6. New alloy mags.
    7. Dual maplights near the rear view mirror.

Everything else...is the same. So the rumor about the City's facelift this year is not true.
    Kainis naman ito... one of the reasons I am considering the City is the ULT feature of the back seats. Feeling ko ang malas ko naman at this year ako bibili. Obviously, this is NOT an improvement. Grrrrr.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    ^^ So when is the best time to buy a CITY?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by hcdangan View Post
    They tried to make the 3rd gen city look like the Jazz and it didn't look pretty at all and a lot of people complained about that (a review at motioncars.com even described it as looking like Darth Vader's helmet). So Honda redesigned it to make it look more like a standard sedan (4th gen City). I think they will come up with a facelift that will compete directly with the VIOS in terms of looks and style of a sedan. I do hope that it will have an impact like the Civic FD, though that would be too much wishful thinking.
    Medyo mali yung pag-bilang nyo ng "generations". You see, there are only two generations of the City from a chassis point of view.

The first one was the "SX8" chassis sold from 1996-2002. Facelift lang noon yung mga "Type Z" models, but the chassis of both is still the same heavily-modified EF Civic from 1988-1991.

The second-generation Cities use the "GD" chassis, as shared with the Jazz. The extended-nose version sold from 2006 onward, called the "ZX" in other countries, is merely a facelift.

The third-generation Cities would be based on the "GE" chassis, as employed by the new Jazz/Fit. No news yet on a third-generation successor to the City but it might come a year or two after the GE Jazz is launched locally.

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_Bird View Post
    Kainis naman ito... one of the reasons I am considering the City is the ULT feature of the back seats. Feeling ko ang malas ko naman at this year ako bibili. Obviously, this is NOT an improvement. Grrrrr.
    IMO, i think the fixed rear seats for all variants became present ever since the City became a locally assembled unit instead of coming from Thailand. Yes, it is not an improvement- at least they could have added the usual 60/40 split rear seat back. on the brighter side, at least there are compartments. that is a feature not found on the Vios.

Looking forward to the Next-Gen GE City (fit aria?)

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Do you think may lalabas na bagong CITY 1.5 this year? kasi kung wala...I'd go for Civic 1.8v na lang...

I'll wait up to Sept....b-day gift ko sa sarili ko....

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    boss pagkaalam k is early nxt year... kasi mauuna p maintroduce un jazz then the city. sa july pa introduce sa thailand un bagong city sa bangkok autoshow based sa nabasa ko sa net... so it should be next yr na un labas

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Changes on the 2008 Honda City