New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by darkbloodlestat View Post
    sir march 2009 lang yung battery
    branded bang battery ng kaibigan mo bro? medyo matagal na din battery mo, more than a year na......

Naghahanap na ng kapalit ang battery ng kaibigan mo.....

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    same here. but my rusted beater car shows weirdness when it rains. the first time, it drove the large relay for the glow plugs clicking intermittently when i used signal lights.

i don't think it's the battery or the alternator. they weren't wet. the wet part is the large bundle of wires going into the car from the engine bay and some wiring routed through the roof for a rear dome light.

this black out never happened before. just recently, i drove and parked. then it rained. after the rain i got back and switched and there's nothing. horns, signal lights, display panel, nothing. so the old timer, manggaiber, mechanic taught me how to direct start the car from the engine bay. he took a wire coming from the low side of the engine and another i don't know where. i'll check later. one wire going to the batt, the other to touch the batt to start.

i best forward this to dusky lim's thread. for now i'm running the car this way. but only in daylight.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    it's probably a ground. i tested everything just now. it's back to normal even though the car is dripping in morning dew. the black out happened while the car was parked tilted towards the driver side.

checked: battery 12.60V, alternator 14.60V. all display panel lights, park lights, signal lights, headlights high and low are ok.

i'm gonna have those rusted parts fixed now.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    the culprit is one of the wires in the main bundle from the battery. i found out when i recreated the blackout when i rearranged the battery and moved the bundle aside. when i flex it up, power would come back.

before that power was lost and came back the next rainy morning without me moving anything.

i haven't really fixed this one yet. fiery vehicle waiting to happen.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    could be the main relay

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by darkbloodlestat View Post
    mga sir,

minsan yung kotse nung barkada ko civic 1996 after awhile pag magstart kami totally no power at all. wala talga kahit click man lang sa ignition even the lights on the dash guages wala.

anu kaya ang problema

salamat sa mga inputs mga sir
    Check battery for discharge and need replacement.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; October 22nd, 2010 at 09:22 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
car totally no power???