New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15556162636465
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If you want a stealth-mode powerful sedan, Go with an 8th gen or 9th gen with the 3.5L V6 engine. In stock setup, it can do 0-100kmh in just over 6 seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    dalawang version ata yan the 5spd and the 6spd? oh man... have you seen a handful in pinas?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    dalawang version ata yan the 5spd and the 6spd? oh man... have you seen a handful in pinas?
    I think the 8th gen had the 5spd AT while the 9th gen has the 6spd AT tranny. There are a few in BGC, BF Homes, and Alabang areas. Two weeks ago in SLEX, I got passed by a speeding 9th gen 3.5L and I was doing already around 140kmh with my FXT. Hehehe

3. Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Get the 2.4L model of the 7th gen. It is more fuel efficient compared to the 2.0L and 3.0L models. That same engine (K24) is still being used up to the 9th gen so parts supply and support is still available.

The platform will be heavier than a Civic EK but it will be quicker and faster. Handling and response will be as good or better as Accords are among the best-handling FWD cars. Interior space will be a lot better than the Civic thus giving a more comfortable ride.

Fuel expense will surely increase, maybe around 20%. You are looking at around 6-7 km/L on average on city routes and 10-12 km/L on the highway. In terms of maintenance, just follow the 10k km change oil cycle when using FS oil (5w30 or 5w40), change air filter regularly, plugs (every 20k if platinum, 60k if iridium), and ATF every 40k km.

Accords are quite robust platforms. The suspension is on the firm side but they are durable unless the previous owner trashed the car. Key things to check are its power steering system, transmission, cooling, and aircon systems. These are the ones expensive to fix if it is broken.

Thanks for the response!

Fuel consumption seems ok enough. I'll only drive once or twice a week anyway hehe.
    This sounds good. I'm fine with all that. Now I'll just give it some more time to think over.
    If I still have the itch by around December, then I might just treat myself to an accord

Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    have you considered power upgrades for your civic? if that transmission is well maintained it can probably take a 20-40hp increase from the engine. speedlab can do ecu mods and intake and exhaust mods.
    Thanks for the response!

I have thought of that as well. I like the idea of a B16 swap, swap out the automatic transmission to a manual, suspensions upgrade, maybe slap in a turbo etc.
    buuuuut I think instead of spending all that money to upgrade the civic, I can get better value for the money going for the accord

4. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Despite the power uogrades on a Civic EK, it will not be as comfortable as a 7th gen Accord. With an Accord, you have both comfort and power.

We have the stock 7th gen Accord, going for 16 years ownership already. Acceleration is quite impressive for a 2.0 liter engine. Problem lang so far madalas nasisira oxygen sensor. Primary O2 sensor twice na nasira. Taga price sa Honda dealer, 16,000+ pesos, pahirapan pa sa pag order.

The Honda mechanic told me there's plenty of Honda owners who opted not to have the O2 sensor fixed because it's an expensive fix. Engine malfunction indicator is always lit but mechanic told me there's nothing to worry about as long as I don't drive hard. No obvious issues so far, no impact with fuel economy.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Any feedback on the 9th gen Accord? Thinking of getting a 2014 2.4S

Will replace my 2013 Everest. Realized I didn't need an SUV anymore.

Questions: gas consumption? parts availability? any common faults i should be aware of?

Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15556162636465