New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Too bad the Lemon Law wasn't passed. That would probably qualify for one.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Problema pa sa HCPI dealers sila sila nagsisiraan. I asked an assistant mechanic in Honda Pasig about flooded units and he told me not to buy in Honda Marikina because they sell flooded units! WTF is going on! Dog eat Dog!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    the lemon law was actually passed. sad to say, there are many parameters for the car to be called lemon. again, the burden is still with the consumer. the lemon law says that a particular part of a car has been replaced "3 times" and the problem persists, it can qualify as lemon. multiple part defect does not count. each part needs to be replaced at least 3 times.

i've been a honda fan for the longest time. but i'm not really happy with their products lately.

also, have you observed that no media entity has written or said anything about honda phil or its distributors for that matter even if there are a lot of complaints with them?

replacement of unit is not easy, mind you. even if you seek the help of dti. but good bless you if they will replace their unit. i hope they will so you can set a president. i tried to have a unit replaced with them once (1st day kalampag. went to casa the following day with only 50km odo reading) but to no avail.

sad to say, we are not all millionares and we are paying blood, sweat, and tears money for a car to provide comfort for our family. the dealers and the honda, i guess, doesn't realize this.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ejaydpogi View Post
    the lemon law was actually passed. sad to say, there are many parameters for the car to be called lemon. again, the burden is still with the consumer. the lemon law says that a particular part of a car has been replaced "3 times" and the problem persists, it can qualify as lemon. multiple part defect does not count. each part needs to be replaced at least 3 times.

i've been a honda fan for the longest time. but i'm not really happy with their products lately.

also, have you observed that no media entity has written or said anything about honda phil or its distributors for that matter even if there are a lot of complaints with them?

replacement of unit is not easy, mind you. even if you seek the help of dti. but good bless you if they will replace their unit. i hope they will so you can set a president. i tried to have a unit replaced with them once (1st day kalampag. went to casa the following day with only 50km odo reading) but to no avail.

sad to say, we are not all millionares and we are paying blood, sweat, and tears money for a car to provide comfort for our family. the dealers and the honda, i guess, doesn't realize this.
    Kalampag, sadly, is not covered by all casas... because you could go over a pothole very hard (even in the first 50kms), and they'll reason "it's not our fault". Some will fix it for you in good faith, but you can't rely on this.

That's why we did an extended test drive of our units with a casa rep before accepting them and signing the papers. Has worked out well, so far.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ejaydpogi View Post
    the lemon law was actually passed...
    Do you have any reference to this?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by samnikki View Post
    bumili po ako ng honda civic 1.8S automatic bnew, the next day nanotice ko po n may vibration cya, yung parang kpg nkamanual ka ung parang mamatayan k ng makina, i asked the dealer kung ano un they said observe ko lng daw muna, the 3rd day bumalik ako kc gnun p din, may nireplace n cla agad s part ng engine ko i dont know whats that, hindi b dpat kpg bnew wla p mga problem dun esp s engine... what should i do? do i have the right to return the product and ask for a replacement instead... kc wla n ko peace of mind...esp safety ang nkasalalay... kya nga ako bumili ng bnew pra la ako prob at least in the next 3 to 5 yrs sana... help nmn po...
    i sympathize with you samnikki ... try to visit TEAMFD FORUMS/WEBSITE. maybe someone can help you or maybe someone had experience it also...
    hopefully ma-resolve na yan case mo...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Ano na kaya nangyari sa TS? Update naman po...Sana may positive results na...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    thank you po sa lahat ng nagreply sa post ko... salamat sa lahat ng advice... sorry hindi ako nakapagupdate kasi hindi ako makalogin...

UPDATE:

after meeting with HCPI, nakita na daw nila yung cause nung idling nung car... may loose connection daw somewhere sa harness... which hindi daw nadedetect nung computer nila... they recommend na palitan na lang yung buong harness...

WHAT THEY DO:

dinala yung car sa planta, laguna
    pinalitan daw ng buong harness
    binalik yung car sa casa with the old harness and marked kung san yung nakita nilang sira... (dinala nila yung pinagpalitan, para daw ipakita sa min na talagang pinalitan nila...) with video of the procedure.

TO COMPENSATE THE TROUBLE, they added addl year sa warranty ng engine, and a free hydrophilic for my car... we cannot request daw for an accessory kasi daw sabi ng HCPI eh very small lang yung naging problem... (Small ba yung nagpabalik balik ka sa casa not knowing kung ano sira nung car and to think that its bnew) but the thing is they fixed the problem na daw

WHY WE SETTLE FOR REPAIR:

we called the DTI, THe DTI said ang first option daw talaga sa mga aganyaan is to give the other party the chance to repair the unit... IF the said unit is found irreparable thats the time na they will recommend for replacemnt..

sa madaling sabi... no matter how much we try to force honda pala to replace our unit, since its bnew and we dont want anything to be repaired,at naprapraning ka dahil hindi dapat nangyayari yun sa bnew car mo, hindi rin pala mananalo sa DTI lalo na kung ang kabilang party is willing to JUST repair the unit...

SAD, our law doesnt have a teeth to support us.

TODAY:

the car is so far okay
    have it blessed sa manaoag
    run s sctex up to 191km/hr, kaya pa kaya lang bka mahuli na kmi...

AGAIN THANKS MY FELLOW TSIKOTERS...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Any way congratulation on your new car and hope everything will be fine . HAPPY MOTORING drive safely.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Hopefully this is the end of your FD's issues. It's a wonderful car to drive.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Brand new Civic 1.8S A/T with problem, advice needed