New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i'm sure he'll get there, eventually.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 19th, 2018 at 10:54 AM.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    I called up Honda Manila parts.. they said nakamali sila.. the price is actualy 15,000 pesos for the brake master. But the sales officer told me Seiken made oem brake master for nissin.. so when you insert Seiken it's like putting an original daw.. totoo ba yun? At another service center, the technician told me that if you put a replacement, the pedal play won't be the same as original.. this is why i'm having second thought about using replacement like Seiken.

So far 6500 ang quoted price ng Seiken brake master sa akin sa banawe.. san shop meron mas murang ganyan?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by k_leos View Post
    I called up Honda Manila parts.. they said nakamali sila.. the price is actualy 15,000 pesos for the brake master. But the sales officer told me Seiken made oem brake master for nissin.. so when you insert Seiken it's like putting an original daw.. totoo ba yun? At another service center, the technician told me that if you put a replacement, the pedal play won't be the same as original.. this is why i'm having second thought about using replacement like Seiken.

So far 6500 ang quoted price ng Seiken brake master sa akin sa banawe.. san shop meron mas murang ganyan?
    kung ipapanatag ng loob mo, go ahead and have it replaced sa casa.
    mahirap kasi yung papagawa ka sa iba tapos hindi naman panatag loob mo.

so my serious advice is to have it done where you believe it will be repaired according to your expectation.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    I got confirmation that the OEM of Honda brake master are Nissin (not Seiken) and able to find a shop which sells them at only 7500.

But Honda casa said to install outside parts, they need to charge 30% of their original price which is
    about 4,000. This is expensive.. however they said only they have Dialysis machine for proper bleeding treatment.

Since I got an OEM, there is no more concern about pedal softness. Therefore I want to let it be installed outside saving 4,000.

So my final question is. What other Dialysis Centers in the Philippines besides Honda? Kasi most technician doesn't treat bleeding or don't know how to deal with it. They just let it flow to basin at floor daw.

Thank you!

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Same din kaya ito ng principle ng dialysis for ATF?

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I got confirmation that the OEM of Honda brake master are Nissin (not Seiken) and able to find a shop which sells them at only 7500.

But Honda casa said to install outside parts, they need to charge 30% of their original price which is
    about 4,000. This is expensive.. however they said only they have Dialysis machine for proper bleeding treatment.

Since I got an OEM, there is no more concern about pedal softness. Therefore I want to let it be installed outside saving 4,000.

So my final question is. What other Dialysis Centers in the Philippines besides Honda? Kasi most technician doesn't treat bleeding or don't know how to deal with it. They just let it flow to basin at floor daw.

Thank you!
    i used to replace my brake master myself, when i was young and poor-ish. believe me, walang sekreto yan. an ordinary mechanic can do it fine.
    dialysis? we used to do it the old-fashioned way: "...flow to basin at floor.." and the car is fit to skyway.

but if you feel better if the casa guys were to do it, that's fine with me.
    bring lots more money. you never know what other problems might rear their ugly heads, once the guys start opening into the car...
    Last edited by dr. d; January 20th, 2018 at 01:23 AM.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2017

I remember Honda Guiguinto doesn't charge that much. However, you live in Manila and it could be far for you. My experience with them have been satisfactory with my old CR-V 98.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    it's day three.
    if i were me, i would have replaced mine the first chance i got.
    ...hirap maka-bangga!
    Last edited by dr. d; January 20th, 2018 at 11:28 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013

Thank you!
    San mo ba nakukuha ang mga information mo? For someone who asks a lot, you seem to know a lot also - but most are misinformation AKA tsismis.

First, ang alam ko, dialysis is for automatic transmission. At hindi kelangan ng machine to bleed a brake system.

Second, karamihan ng mekaniko, marunong mag-brake bleeding contrary to what you wrote - "most technician doesn't treat bleeding or don't know how to deal with it"
    Sobrang simple lang neto that even for hobbyist, kaya nila ito gawin.

Proof #1
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i used to replace my brake master myself, when i was young and poor-ish. believe me, walang sekreto yan. an ordinary mechanic can do it fine.
    dialysis? we used to do it the old-fashioned way: "...flow to basin at floor.." and the car is fit to skyway.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    it's day three.
    if i were me, i would have replaced mine the first chance i got.
    ...hirap maka-bangga!
    kung ako sa kanya, pinapalitan ko na sa casa. eh walang bilib sa mekaniko sa labas tapos ayaw din naman sa casa.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast