New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by k_leos View Post
    Thanks for the superb idea that honda brake master is not made by honda.. Ano maker usually sa mga CRV brake masters (I can't find the mark in my car)? They sell it separately to non-honda customers too?

ano brand ng brake master mo going over 110 Km? ito brand rin bili ko.. thanks

ano oem maker nitong brake master ng Honda crv 2004? hindi ko Makita mark

if the leaking brake fluid gets inside the brake booster.. hindi masira diaphagram? what do you make of the picture of the leak?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    hyper corrosive 🤔

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    hyper corrosive 🤔

ano cause ng hyper corrosive? you mean acidic ang braking fluid?

Pina periodic maintainance ko yung car last December sa Honda casa. They didn't notice the leak.

They only noticed it when I brought the car last friday because of a weird power steering problem where the steering only gets stiff the first 5 minutes of the day. Please see this thread and answer if you have any experiences:

Power Steering Morning Stiffness

Honda said the braking fluid is almost empty with it leaking all over the booster. It's blessing in disguise the steering power comes up or they would never have seen the leak and the car may just lift off from skyway at 100 km/h.. lol...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    brake fluid is corrosive hehehe, I've never seen such damage

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Thanks for the superb idea that honda brake master is not made by honda.. Ano maker usually sa mga CRV brake masters (I can't find the mark in my car)? They sell it separately to non-honda customers too?

ano brand ng brake master mo going over 110 Km? ito brand rin bili ko.. thanks
    correction, po.
    i did not say specifically, that honda does not make its own brake masters, because i don't know which company does it for them.
    yespo, i believe honda sells brake masters. they quoted you 12K. and it probably says "honda" on the box. but who actually manufactured it, i do not know. suffice to say, honda believes it meets their quality standards, and are confident enough to put their name on the box.

my brake master came with the car, from the toyota factory, 12 years ago. but i haven't had the reason to go look for its manufacturer's mark, if it has any.

brake fluid is destructive, but only to certain materials, one of them being ordinary paint. it's not an acid; it's a solvent. that picture of your brake booster's ruined paint, is a common occurence.
    i remember using brake fluid, to clean the surface of my polyurethane paint job, because it happened to rub surfaces with another paint surface. it does not harm the poly.

how long do brake masters last? it's probably a combination of manufacturing quality and type of use or abuse owner will subject it to.
    by my personal experience, my korean brake master was overhauled on year 7. it was a van, so expectedly it was driven "harder than a car". my japanese cars have never had the brake master repaired or replaced, thruout the many years (ranging from 4 yr to 13 yr) we have owned the cars. by the paint marking in the picture, i am not sure if your brake master is 2004 original or it has been replaced already. my guess is the latter.
    if you can't wait for the honda, or you find it excessively expensive, ask the store for a good, non-honda brand. if you wish to scrimp, you can ask the mechanic if yours can still be remedied by a repair kit. repair kits do not necessarily equate to short lifespan. just ask for the good quality one.

good luck, sir.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 19th, 2018 at 12:06 AM.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    thanks dr. d and others...

I found out in Go-Parts >> Replacement Headlight Assembly, Tail Light, Mirror for Driver & Passenger Side the OEM of the CRV 2004 brake master is made by Adler

question...

there is no entry for Seiken for my year 2004 Crv... if I buy Seiken that is not exactly made for the model.. can there be play at the pedal after installation? why are there different models or different car models.. saan meron variation sa brake master and pedal or brake booster combo? I don't want this to happen where after installation, the service center will say it's just normal since it's a replacement...If this is the case.. i'll just either wait for 2 months for the 12k original at Honda casa or direct it above at 8k plus shipping...

sino naka order na sa Go-Parts >> Replacement Headlight Assembly, Tail Light, Mirror for Driver & Passenger Side ok ba experience?

Or what local oem shop is available sa banawe.. yun genuine and reliable shops?

Salamat!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Baka replacement lang yang adler. I know “nissin” ang OEM brake parts ng Honda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Car Zone at banawe quoted me 6500 pesos for the Seiken Brake Master. Pero ask ko important.. if the original Honda brake master can last 80,000 kilometers, how long usually mag last ang Seiken Brake Master? 10,000 kilometers lang? Ayaw ko look at the brake master every 2 days and fearing there is leak.. so if I get the original Honda.. hindi ko na look palagi and be nervous.. hindi biro ang brakes... imagine you are moving at 100 k/h sa skyway and wala brakes.

I'd like to ask about bleeding or removing air from the newly installed braking system. Sa mga talier wala naman sila machine to bleed.. hindi ba magka problem ito.. like maging sponge like yun pedal??
    Your paranoia is so unwarranted.
    I suggest you go to Google. A lot of articles in the net can explain this.

For example brake bleeding. Google "brake bleeding" and see if someone needs a "machine" to properly bleed a brake system.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    "he's a newbie. give him some slack."
    i like his questioning attitude. maraming matututunan 'yan. "he's going places."

btw, the problem with buying sight unseen, is the part might not be the right one. it is not really that easy to have it replaced with the right one, or get a real refund.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 19th, 2018 at 10:11 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    I suggest na umikot ka sa Banawe (or kung saang auto supply ang convenient sayo) and replace the whole set... Cylinder + Booster...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast