New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Dude get the 1.5 A/T me manual mode din yun, and you wont have hunt for accessories present in the 1.5, if you get a 1.3 m/t. Konte lang naman price difference so sulit na rin...

Quote Originally Posted by lae View Post
    guys ask ko lang kung kayo papipiliin 1.3 mt or 1.5 at na jazz. kasi mas gusto k yung manual ng jazz kaso ang liit ng makina kau guys help aman kung ano mas the best i appreciate your comments guys

2. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    guys another question hindi ba maging underpower ang 1.3 mt for the highway i like top speed and good torque and good fc.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    guys another question hindi ba maging underpower ang 1.3 mt for the highway i like top speed and good torque and good fc.
    Underpowered is relative. Most 1.3 liter cars can hit and maintain at least 160 km/h. The Jazz 1.3 has 100 hp, which gives it good high speed performance, about equivalent to some 1.5s and 1.6s. It's really at low rpms that it's a bit lacking in "oomph".
    Last edited by niky; May 24th, 2010 at 12:41 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Top speed is overrated.

How often are you going to hit a GE6 Jazz 1.3's 200 km/h top speed? (BTW, yes it's been done. My friend has photos to prove it.) The Jazz's real strength is in its handling.

Also high speed and good fuel consumption are not good bedfellows. The faster you go, the more drag you have against air, hence the more fuel you need to push a car at the same speed. Don't be surprised to see the Jazz guzzle fuel at a high rate on a sustained high-speed run, because mine certainly does.

Hondas are not famous for torque; their engines tend to thrive on revs. The best way of driving many Hondas fast is by judicious use of the gearbox - and they still make some of the best manual gearboxes in the business IMHO.

This is why the GE6 Jazz 1.3 MT is much, much better than its AT brother - the manual gearbox is just a better partner to the engine. The AT just suffocates the engine's capabilities and steals some of its get-up-and-go in drivetrain loss. In the AT you don't honestly feel the engine makes the full 100 HP. In the MT, you do.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    in the previous models, the Jazz GD, the 06-08 Jazz 1.5 vtec is my choice over the 1.3 i-dsi coz its a 84hp vs. 109hp. .almost 25 hp difference.
    Not only the Jazz 1.5 sports the legendary vtec engine, the front and rear bumpers got an aggressive and sporty design even in the OEM form difference, some would ask you if it has been modified, plus it has side skirts and a spoiler and body color toned headlights, smoked tail lights and an improved interior, stock.

Speaking of the current model, the Jazz GE.
    Its a good thing that Honda stopped mounting the i-dsi, both variants share the vtec technology. Though the i-dsi isnt a bad engine at all, its better that Honda use the engine that they are known for.
    The 1.3 i-vtec has 100hp, not bad for a 1.3 litre car.
    And the 1.5 i-vtec got a 120.
    As a fan of power over fuel economy, i would go for the 1.5 i-vtec Jazz, sadly there is no M/T for this variant so the 1.3 i-vtec Jazz is my choice coz that's the first thing that i'd like my car to be, stick-shift.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_gambit View Post
    Dude get the 1.5 A/T me manual mode din yun, and you wont have hunt for accessories present in the 1.5, if you get a 1.3 m/t. Konte lang naman price difference so sulit na rin...
    The price difference for 1.3mt and 1.5at is 100k...di maliit yun. And you only get a bigger rims, side mirrors w built in side markers plus different bumpers for the 1.5. That's why I chose the 1.3mt over the 1.5at, more practical. And I'm enjoying it as an everyday car. Very responsive and the handling is awesome. If I sum up all the upgrades that I've done, like 17" rims, body kits, di pa aabot ng 50k

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gti277 View Post
    The price difference for 1.3mt and 1.5at is 100k...di maliit yun. And you only get a bigger rims, side mirrors w built in side markers plus different bumpers for the 1.5. That's why I chose the 1.3mt over the 1.5at, more practical. And I'm enjoying it as an everyday car. Very responsive and the handling is awesome. If I sum up all the upgrades that I've done, like 17" rims, body kits, di pa aabot ng 50k
    wow very cheap upgrades you have there sir . care to share some pics?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    wow very cheap upgrades you have there sir . care to share some pics?

Here are the recent pics sir...I added 20k for the rims and tires (trade-in value of the OEM wheels and tires was 12k), 18k for the body kits (C3 4x4), 2.5k for the mugen wing and lastly, 3.5k for the Modulo grill...Bale Mugen Theme na except for the front grille hehehe. Sa casa kasi installed yun.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    OT: i may suggest for a repaint of rims...gun-metal? hehehe anyways, you have a really nice goodies there.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    my vote goes to the 1.3MT coz the power is enough and I get to save 100K

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
which is the best jazz 1.3 mt vtec or 1.5 at vtec?