New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, if the target market is the US, medyo iba line of thinking dyan pre... Just don't forget how well gaz guzzling suvs are selling there... So they're just marketing the opposite end of the spectrum hehe...

But you're right, since malamang sa Euro ibebenta to at Asia... Pag Euro, mas mahilig padin sila sa diesel.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    exactly right.
    although in the US dealers buy back the batteries. it's like $2000 net after 5 years battery replacement cost. the true cost is $5000 but since the batteries are recyclable.. the lower figure is used. still quite large.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005

170kl/litre the Daihatsu UFE(ultra fuel efficient). looks experimental. i just hope that the technology born from this will go mainstream in the next 3 years

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico
    that 80mpg figure is US EPA highway reading, which is at a constant 48mph with no aircon. :P
    about 60mpg would be the realistic highway mileage, and Phil. city driving conditions about 40mpg.

so that's 25km/L highway and 17km/L city. both figures of which are readily achievable under realistic conditions by the Hyundai Matrix.

i'm on the alt.autos.toyota newsgroup, and the americans on the group can't figure out why anyone would pay big bucks for a Prius which gets 40-something mpg when a Tercel with a gas engine gets 35-something. Same case here, a difference of 200,000 yen is about $2000. would you buy a Honda Jazz for 900k to get the hybrid technology? potential shocker pa yan pag lumusong ka sa baha.
    potential shocker nga pero Im pretty sure my ground fault detection or else it would have never been approved by the NHTSA.

hindi ko din maintindihan kung bakit hindi ini-isip ng mga Hybrid buyers ang long term expenses or the big picture. A price difference of $5,000 for Prius is so ridiculous when you have to wait 8 years to recover the extra money spent compared to driving a Corolla.

the estimated MPG of each car is a ballpark figure indeed, could be a good or bad. For example, my 04 Civic was rated 37mpg highway. I drove from LA to San Diego with A/C on * cruising speed of 70mph, and the MPG I got? 42mpg ;) And it wasnt stock Civic, intake, header, exhaust, heavy 17's which could have made the fuel economy worst.

The Prius is a different story. Kaya hindi cost effective ang Prius compared to similar car like Corolla, dahil na din sa $5,000 difference nila. Whereas with Fit/Jazz, $1,700 lang ang difference compared to gas powered Fit/Jazz.

Another way to get the ROI quickly is if you drive more than the average of 12,000 miles. If you drive 12,000 a year then a gas powered is better for ROI.

30,000 miles a year = 1.5year to recover the price difference with annual savings of $1,071
    12,000 miles a year = 3.9years to recover the price difference with annual savings of $428

OR...the price of gas reaches $5.00/gal

Monthly payment:
    Hybrid Jazz/Fit = $228/mo x 60months
    Gas Jazz/Fit = $200/mo x 60months

$5000 battery, save the $1000 yearly and by the 5th year, may pambili ka na hahahaa

its a good tool to decide if Hybrid is for you or not. depending on one's own assumption of the REAL mpg, the ROI could be quicker or slower.

If you are a road warrior, then Hybrid Jazz/Fit is probably a better way to commute.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Karding
    If you are a road warrior, then Hybrid Jazz/Fit is probably a better way to commute.
    Particularly since the Gas Jazz can get 32 mpg when driven like a maniac (on track, and on the highway at around 100 mph, combined), and over 40 mpg in regular traffic and commuting.

Since Honda is known for their "quick launch" IMA motor for the Accord, will the hybrid system give the Jazz/Fit a peppier launch, too? If it turns the 9-10 second 1.5 CVT into an 8 second car, it would likely be worth the extra 100,000 pesos over the regular 1.5, hybrid or not.

I've always thought the way Honda went with the Accord Hybrid was the way to go. Show people you're not sacrificing anything to fuel efficiency... that you can get both high performance and low fuel consumption in the same package, in a car that's not any different than the regular one.

Not like the Prius or Insight, where you sacrifice performance, practicality and comfort to the gods of the gas pump.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    the problem with honda is that they are practically newbies when it comes to diesel technology. they only have a couple of diesel engines and its mostly placed in their euro car line up. Their diesel tech is way behind with othe jap car manufacturers like toyota. they are better off using the newer hybrid technology where in most car manufacturers are still building its technology in the infancy stage.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    CNN

Bring it here.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    We have a thread about this already... let me look:
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26059

Paki-merge po, mga mods!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Opps.. sowry.
    Last edited by CoDer; February 26th, 2006 at 07:01 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Bargain price hybrid in works at Honda?