New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    hello,

this is the second time that i had my car repair in one of the honda dealerships. when i had it repaired the first time, it took almost two weeks before the parts arrived. so what happened is my car just gathered dust in the dealership for such a long time. this time, the service advisor told me that the parts would be arriving this friday, i brought the car to the dealership last friday. it just puzzles me why it takes that long all the time? do they stilll have to import the parts from another country? if they do, i think that this can be considered quite a mismanagement on the side of honda philippines considering the large number of honda cars. it just really puzzles me as i have seen more complex operations in other industries which enable them to deliver parts and supplies everyday.

i miss the days when i just had my old car repaired in small repair shops. repairs usually just last one to three days. i hope that honda philippines look into this and take actions in improving their parts delivery.

thanks

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Yes they import the parts from Ayutthaya in THAILAND specifically. If your parts aren't the usual supplies such as oil filters, air filter elements and the like, chances are they'll come from Thailand. They just don't stock the other things.

I've ordered a few non-regular items direct from the Honda dealerships already (seat belt assemblies, engine splash shields) and yes they took about a week to arrive. Note that I did the installation of these myself. I remember the seat belt assemblies were presented to me in a box full of bubble wrap.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    madami kasi nabaha ni ondoy.. kaya maraming parts ang kailangan..

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    kung ganon, ang pangit naman ng process nila. sa dami ng honda cars dito sa pinas, shouldn't they stock on most of the parts. i hope that they improve on this part of their service. a simple repair drags for quite a long time.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    One more thing they dont stock more parts that are mostly use . May i know what parts to be replace so we had idea about it.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by speed unlimited View Post
    One more thing they dont stock more parts that are mostly use . May i know what parts to be replace so we had idea about it.
    front bumper and clips lang.

i also remember when we i consulted for a renewable energy company. one of the things that brought up the cost of parts was because the parts were loosely shipped because of small demand. loosely shipped, meaning pa isa, isa. we calculated the price difference if the parts were not loosely shipped and almost half ang price reduction. so the manager pushed for the stocking of parts despite the low demand. [SIZE="5"]i just wonder are honda owners spending more on parts because of parts delivery?[/SIZE] i have no proof but i think yes.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowsalman View Post
    front bumper and clips lang.

i also remember when we i consulted for a renewable energy company. one of the things that brought up the cost of parts was because the parts were loosely shipped because of small demand. loosely shipped, meaning pa isa, isa. we calculated the price difference if the parts were not loosely shipped and almost half ang price reduction. so the manager pushed for the stocking of parts despite the low demand. [SIZE=5]i just wonder are honda owners spending more on parts because of parts delivery?[/SIZE] i have no proof but i think yes.
    bumper lang pala, they just ordered it from the their plant...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    bumper lang pala, they just ordered it from the their plant...
    if they just order it from their plant, then may pagkukulang talaga ang systema nila. isipin mo one week. from laguna to honda cavite. di ba dapat almost everyday ang delivery nila sa mga casa. micro franchises receive their order of supplies within one day. honda, a big car dealer, di kaya yun. tsk. tsk. tsk.

i really envy my friends who bought a toyota. mas maporma nga honda pero mas importante ang quality of service. i personally regret buying a honda. their cars are good but their service sucks. their service sucked from the day i bought my car.

anyway, my mom was planning to get a honda, i convinced her not to get a honda. she's getting a toyota. nakaganti rin ako sa lahat ng bad service na na experience ko from this company. saka ayaw ko rin na ma experience ng nanay ko ang bad service ng honda.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    There are two factors:

1. Shipping. Express delivery costs $$$. If they have the parts bundled with the regular parts/stock shipment, it'll cost you and them less money than if it's delivered by itself.

2. The low demand. If there is no demand, most dealers will not carry the parts, because they incur short-term financial losses from buying stock they don't (and sometimes... will never) need. Cosmetic items aren't regular maintenance items, mind you... they're parts that you only buy in case of an accident. I had to wait almost a month for cosmetic parts for my Lynx, last time, also... and the plant is here in the Philippines... understandable, I guess, since they made just a thousand or two Lynx RSs for the whole of Asia (the US version was limited to 2500), they don't have a whole lot of cosmetic replacement parts for my car.

I've seen some parts sit for years at a dealer's parts desk because nobody wants or needs them. Contrawise, other parts have to be ordered from Japan or Thailand or wherever and take a month to deliver... I inquired about Cefiro CV Joints before, and that was the timetable given. Shocking, as a CV Joint is a regular maintenance item... but since Cefiros are uncommon, Nissan doesn't feel obliged to carry everything they need for their maintenance.

-

It would be nice if dealers stocked up on everything needed for Civic maintenance, but there are some things it is uneconomical to stock up on... an oversupply of cosmetic spares and mechanical spares that are rarely needed (say... engine blocks and replacement engines) represent capital tied up for months or even years at a time with no return on investment... and... possibly... depreciating as they sit on the dealership floor. No businessman would pour hundreds of thousands (or possibly, millions) of pesos into spares he doesn't need yet... especially when that money can be earning money when spent on regular items like wheel nuts, batteries, tires, filters or even new cars.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Bumper pala eh. Malabo talagang may stock nyan.

I'm critical of Honda Philippines too but try to understand it from their point of view. How often do bumpers need to be replaced? How does that frequency compare to fuel filters, air filters etc. that are no doubt more frequently replaced because everybody has to maintain their car?

If you want a bumper NOW...go to Banawe or Evangelista or your favorite surplus shop.

i really envy my friends who bought a toyota. mas maporma nga honda pero mas importante ang quality of service. i personally regret buying a honda. their cars are good but their service sucks. their service sucked from the day i bought my car.

anyway, my mom was planning to get a honda, i convinced her not to get a honda. she's getting a toyota. nakaganti rin ako sa lahat ng bad service na na experience ko from this company. saka ayaw ko rin na ma experience ng nanay ko ang bad service ng honda.
    Nah. Buy a Honda but have it maintained outside. Simple.

Who says you're married to the casa anyway? Warranty? In three years that's void. There are tons of competent garages and shops that'll do a bang-up job of maintaining a Honda.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Bakit ang tagal mag order ng parts pag nagpagawa sa casa?