New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Sa mga honda owners or yung mga experts pag dating sa AT.

Ang honda ba maselan ang AT? Walang drain sa labas? Kailangan pa buksan?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    i think it depends on the driving styles and maintenance. kahit anong brand basta barumbado yung gumagamit at walang maintenence, masisira yan matic or manual.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What is your definition of maselan?

BMW's and some Kias also don't have drain plugs. BMW claims you never need to replace the ATF in their vehicle. Ok, they better tell that to the marines! :lol:

Some Mitsu A/T's can run properly only on Diamond ATF. Nissan 5-speed A/Ts can only be filled with OEM Nissan ATF (unlike the earlier 4 speeds which could run on any DEX III ATF). OEM ATF's are $$$.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    no dipstick to check the oil level din sa atf ng 2005 explorer...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    What is your definition of maselan?

BMW's and some Kias also don't have drain plugs. BMW claims you never need to replace the ATF in their vehicle. Ok, they better tell that to the marines! :lol:

Some Mitsu A/T's can run properly only on Diamond ATF. Nissan 5-speed A/Ts can only be filled with OEM Nissan ATF (unlike the earlier 4 speeds which could run on any DEX III ATF). OEM ATF's are $$$.
    Sir I mean yung kaialngan pa daw buksan para ma-drain. Sabi kasi sa akin yung honda daw bubuksan mo pa daw talaga.

sabi sa akin sa casa every 40 thou daw palit ng ATF? pero sa ibang talyer eh 20 thou lang palit na?

ilan na rin nakita ko sa mga talyer na accord na sira Automatic Transmission.

Ang surplus mga kulang-kulang 20 thou tapos ang brand new orig 100 thous plus

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    On most A/T's with no drain plug, you need not drop the whole tranny. Just the oil pan (which is underneath the car, anyway). I guess that's just what they mean by 'buksan'. They just make it sound complicated to justify charging you an arm and a leg.

For the drain interval, just follow what is in your owner's manual. Also use only the recommended ATF type.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I used to own a Honda Civic, never had a problem with it's A/T, just change the atf every 40,000 km.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    depende lang sa model,kasi my nephew had a 1994 honda accord at may drain plug naman sya,which is easy to drain the fluid and it also has a dipstick.yun naman na sinasabi mong maselan,kung ang ibig mong sabihin na madaling masira eh depende na yun sa driver kasi ang kapitbahay namin na may 1992 kia pride na hanggang ngayon ay masasabi kong excelent condition pa rin compare doon sa isa pa naming kapitbahay na kung gumamit ng kanyang 1995 honda civic ay parang may ari ng kalsada,napaka abusado sa kanyang kotse kaya hanggang ngayon ay halos kada dalawang linggo ay nasa shop ang kanyang kotse.kaya masasabi ko na depende sa nagdadala yan.

and this is a fact: when draining via drain plug, usually not all fluid are drained out, 1-2 liter will be left(depending on the size of the pan...my lite will retain 1.5L of atf in the pan when drained via drain plug, and additional .5L on the filter)

thats why you pull down the pan and ATF-filter when changing...

and if you follow this yearly, you dont need to drain-and-replace what inside the Torque converter(TC), just drip-remove(pan and filter)-replace-fill..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Will a Honda City with CVT need extra attention to ATF changes?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ang Honda ba pinakamaselan na Automatic Transmission?