New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    bro kung kaya mo bumili kotse kaya mo mag pa full tank.....wag mo tipirin ang baby mo....mahirap masira yan.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    In my (much) younger days, an uncle (who is a mechanic) told me that keeping fuel tanks near empty for long periods of time may cause condensation to form and result in the formation of rust, which in the long run will contaminate the fuel. With that, I developed a habit of not allowing my fuel tank to go below half for more than a few days. I strive to keep my tanks full.

Having a full load of fuel is also useful when sudden emergencies occur, as one doesn't have to worry about running out of fuel at the worst possible time.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    *digitalron : same. I always keep it a habit to have my tank always or nearly full ( about 3/4 ) and I never allow it to be half-full for a long time. I keep it in mind that when my gauge reaches half, it's time for me to visit my suking gas station.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    for me, I fill up the car only about to halfway at most... then refill pag less than quarter.

nabubulok kasi yung ethanol sa E10 gas natin kaya kailangan gamitin lahat every now and then.

and the excess fuel is just deadweight. (mga 20-30 kilos rin yun)

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    *doc, ok naman siguro if almost everyday gamit ng car diba ? kahit for short trips lang ... di naman siguro mabulok e-10 nun.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    *doc, ok naman siguro if almost everyday gamit ng car diba ? kahit for short trips lang ... di naman siguro mabulok e-10 nun.
    okay lang since mabilis turnover ng gasolina nyo... samin kasi minsan once or twice a week lang magamit yung mga sasakyan kaya di namin napapafull tank

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    What you are doing is wrong if you intend to save. Volatility of fuel, most specially gasoline is at their highest when there is too much room for air to come in. Volatility of fuel is at their lowest in vacuum or least air available. So if you think you are saving by doing these things then you are absolutely wrong.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    rest assured! you are not doing anything more potentially damaging to your car or to your fuel.
    evaporation rates of fuel are determined by temperature, pressure, and surface area of liquid/gas interphase. in the closed confines of your gas tank, they are going to be the same, whether nearly full or nearly empty. but it may seem faster when nearly empty, because you are not measuring the evaporation, but the change in remaining fuel volume.
    sediment? its chances of going into your fuel lines are the same, full or nearly empty. that's why it's called sediment.
    condensation (water)? today's fuels contain alcohol, a known hydrophile (it attracts water). so which will attract more water, larger volume of fuel or smaller volume?
    accelerate rust in your fuel tank? heck, it's your fuel tank that's defective and should be replaced!
    but if you store your car for long periods of time, that's another story...
    my 86 centavos' worth..
    Last edited by dr. d; May 24th, 2011 at 05:06 PM.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    For me, I tend to keep it fairly low. Top it up (let's say from 1/10 yun scale) once my fuel bar hits around 2 bars nalang. With that, according to the trip computer, I still have around 80km left. Then I fill it up to around the 6th bar or so. Rarely go full tank since I top up the necessary fuel for a week's worth of gas. That way, magaan lang fuel tank ko... lugging around 7-8 gallons less gasoline than my full tank (18.5 gallon tank) is alot. Seeing that gasoline is less dense than water (720kg/cu. meter versus 998 kg/cu. meter), I shaved off roughly 45pounds off my vehicle. Coupled with replacing that full-sized spare tire with a fix-a-flat means around 100 lb. savings. Malaki din yun noh Helps compensate against my car audio's weight..

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ^ The only time my ride is full tank is during long vacation trips to make sure no need to buy from other stations not regularly visited. If not, 3/4-1/4 lang then top-up na agad.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
always at lowest level ang fuel ko,ok lang ba?