New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    For me the rule is never let the gauge get to 1/4, it's also indicated at the owner's manual that's it's a good idea to keep the tank over 1/4 full.

It's okay to let it drop once or twice but regularly before filling up your tank....I don't think you will do your car any good, you will notice your fuel consumption rise a bit due to this.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by granro01 View Post
    What you are doing is wrong if you intend to save. Volatility of fuel, most specially gasoline is at their highest when there is too much room for air to come in. Volatility of fuel is at their lowest in vacuum or least air available. So if you think you are saving by doing these things then you are absolutely wrong.
    EDIT: there's a consensus that vapor lock isn't a problem in EFI engines.

I'm more concerned about not fouling the fuel with water vapor rather than the fuel economy.
    Last edited by scharnhorst; May 24th, 2011 at 06:58 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Best siguro is have your car full tank, then pag quarter na have it full tank again. This is what I normally do.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Mas titiisin ko na gumastos ng gasolina pag may pupuntahan ako kesa magcommute ako pero napakadumi naman ang hangin dito metro manila.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by hmike View Post
    Mula noon nagtaasan na presyo ng gasolina,naging kuripot nako magkarga ng gasolina sa honda civic vti 1997 ko,manual.Palaging nasa lowest level po,hindi naman umaabot sa red.at hindi naman nagwawarning.ok lang ba pag ganun palagi?Petron Extra Unleaded po lagi kinakarga ko.thanks
    Not sure kung sa model mo bro., ang fuel pump ay nasa loob ng gas tank.... If it is, then it is better if it is submerged almost all of the time....

13.2K:boxing1:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
always at lowest level ang fuel ko,ok lang ba?