New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 837 of 884 FirstFirst ... 737787827833834835836837838839840841847 ... LastLast
Results 8,361 to 8,370 of 8837
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Part of the PMS na yun

They remove the tires to inspect and rotate

check and clean the brakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ah ok bro.

Sent from my RNE-L22 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Matagal na ako out of warranty. Mga 35k nako sa odo. I know dapat pa rin sundin yung PMS, kaso medyo mahal sa casa. May recommended mechanic ba kayo sa may Banawe? Hirap maghanap ng mapagkakatiwalaan...

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ROVOT View Post
    Matagal na ako out of warranty. Mga 35k nako sa odo. I know dapat pa rin sundin yung PMS, kaso medyo mahal sa casa. May recommended mechanic ba kayo sa may Banawe? Hirap maghanap ng mapagkakatiwalaan...

Napaka mura ng simple oil change nila...

Then there is zic oils....

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Napaka mura ng simple oil change nila...

Then there is zic oils....

Tama ka sir, mura nga yan sa casa. Pero kaka oil change ko lang ng semisynth sa Honda Q Ave last month. Yung iniisip ko yung ibang gastos, like cabin and intake air filters, etc. Medyo taga kasi minsan sa casa, example yung simpleng checkup or tuneup lang sisingilin ka na ng 500 para sa shop materials AKA basahan.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Tama ka sir, mura nga yan sa casa. Pero kaka oil change ko lang ng semisynth sa Honda Q Ave last month. Yung iniisip ko yung ibang gastos, like cabin and intake air filters, etc. Medyo taga kasi minsan sa casa, example yung simpleng checkup or tuneup lang sisingilin ka na ng 500 para sa shop materials AKA basahan.

Bro you can buy the ac and air filter sa mga legit fb sellers. Ikaw na magpalit.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Ako I don't skimp sa filters, lalo na sa engine.

Iba pa din original pag dating sa filtration.

Bakit kayo bibili ng kotse tapos titipirin sa maintenance?

Mura lang naman PMS sa Honda (vs Toyota for example) dahil 2x year lang. Basta alisin mo lang yung flushing, treatment etc.

Ok din naman pa PMS sa labas basta gamit mo orig Honda and not those "OEM" daw pero di alam meaning ng OEM. And if you don't care about sa warranty.

Ako I even availed the extended warranty (5 yrs total) para worry free talaga and may peace of mind.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Bro you can buy the ac and air filter sa mga legit fb sellers. Ikaw na magpalit.

That's actually a good idea sir; gagawin ko yan. Still, there are some things where a trusted mechanic will be useful. Like changing/checking brakes, for example.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUninvited View Post
    Ako I don't skimp sa filters, lalo na sa engine.

Iba pa din original pag dating sa filtration.

Bakit kayo bibili ng kotse tapos titipirin sa maintenance?

Mura lang naman PMS sa Honda (vs Toyota for example) dahil 2x year lang. Basta alisin mo lang yung flushing, treatment etc.

Ok din naman pa PMS sa labas basta gamit mo orig Honda and not those "OEM" daw pero di alam meaning ng OEM. And if you don't care about sa warranty.

Ako I even availed the extended warranty (5 yrs total) para worry free talaga and may peace of mind.
    It's great that you have enough disposable income to not have to worry about maintenance expenses, sir. I guess if I had a lot of money I'd choose the worry-free options all the time.

Sa akin lang naman to, pero kung pwede magtipid sa ibang bagay, why not? I don't skimp on the real important stuff like tires (only michelin for me), but avoiding casa moneytraps is only logical.

Tama po kayo na ok sa labas magpa PMS, and like I said before out of warranty nako. Thats why I was asking if anyone could refer a mechanic. Casa people have no incentive to provide personal, dedicated, and high-quality service unlike reputable, professional mechanics (pero alam ko mahirap makahanap ng ganitong tao talaga). Jm2c ;)

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    It's great that you have enough disposable income to not have to worry about maintenance expenses, sir. I guess if I had a lot of money I'd choose the worry-free options all the time.

Sa akin lang naman to, pero kung pwede magtipid sa ibang bagay, why not? I don't skimp on the real important stuff like tires (only michelin for me), but avoiding casa moneytraps is only logical.

Tama po kayo na ok sa labas magpa PMS, and like I said before out of warranty nako. Thats why I was asking if anyone could refer a mechanic. Casa people have no incentive to provide personal, dedicated, and high-quality service unlike reputable, professional mechanics (pero alam ko mahirap makahanap ng ganitong tao talaga). Jm2c ;)

what do you expect that mechanic to do for your car, po?
    kasi, kung basic oil and filter change lang, any decent gas station can do that.

errr... why michelin? why not the cheaper tires? ...yokohama, etc...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    what do you expect that mechanic to do for your car, po?
    kasi, kung basic oil and filter change lang, any decent gas station can do that.

errr... why michelin? why not the cheaper tires? ...yokohama, etc...
    Good morning and thank you for the questions, sir.

I expect my mechanic to do plenty of things for me down the road, not just for basic oil and filter changes. Besides, your car will eventually go out of warranty.

Having a good mechanic you can trust is like having a doctor you can trust. Maliban sa peace of mind in doing out-of-warranty work, there are many reasons why we should all have a personal mechanic. My old one was a veteran from Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, who had more than 25 years of experience. He was good at electrical stuff, and when he had to contend with the computer-related parts, he had younger people in his shop for that. Alas, he's retired already and living far away.

He would refer me to his connections, help me avoid overpriced parts, and even check my car out for free if he had time. I got to know his family and even today when he's already retired, we still keep in touch. I always referred him to my friends who needed a mechanic to check out second-hand vehicles.

Anyway, this is a semi-relevant link: https://www.topgear.com.ph/features/...-a-good-talyer

The writer and I looked for the more or less the same things.

As for your second question, it's just actually a preference of mine. I had a client who worked for Michelin, and I learned a lot about their practices. I believe Michelin to be the best tire-maker. Second for me would be Bridgestone. I know that tires have categories and whatnot, and I understand 100% why others would choose different brands and types. To each his own, ika nga.