New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post

the Pilot is a big hit in the States, particularly among Fil-Ams, and people generally like the pleasant-but-not-radical form. also, as far as i can tell, the Pilot exterior is very comparable to the CRV, as mentioned, and i don't hear any comments about the CRV being bland.
    Big hit nga, I have a friend who just bought a Pilot with leather seats and overhead DVD, I personally like the new front grill and the euro-style tail lights of the 06. Uhmm mahiram nga ng ma-test drive din.
    Last edited by Camgen6; August 28th, 2006 at 02:11 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by miogimd View Post
    "Function over form", I like that...same premise why I chose the 02 CRV over the 02 RAV4, space carried a premium.
    But spending 2.5 million opens the door for other competition like the Pajero, a 3 series, or a Fortuner + Tucson Combination... Heck even Subies & Evos are options for that price...

What does all of the above-mentioned have that the Pilot doesn't??? Good styling...

Tama yung sinabi ng iba... when you are spending that much, you are expecting that your car will be astig or maporma or commands attention or presence... Tingnan natin kung matatakot ang mga MMDA at pulis na hulihin ka kapag Pilot ang dala mo.... baka akalain nila CRV lang to....

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Tama yung sinabi ng iba... when you are spending that much, you are expecting that your car will be astig or maporma or commands attention or presence... Tingnan natin kung matatakot ang mga MMDA at pulis na hulihin ka kapag Pilot ang dala mo.... baka akalain nila CRV lang to....
    Uy, ayos na experiment ito kapag meron ng naglabas dito.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Hmmm... Oddysey? IMHO, they have to consider SKD for that, as not many people are willing to pay over 2m for a van... but considering the number of new Previas I see on the road, maybe there are enough for it to sell, anyway.
    Huwag, naman sana yung US version.

Mas maganda nalang kung Japan-made version ang dadalhin nila dito.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackraven View Post
    Huwag, naman sana yung US version.

Mas maganda nalang kung Japan-made version ang dadalhin nila dito.

Now that I would consider if Honda Phils brings it in...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Agreed.

I'm not buying some Americanized version when the Japan-made version look 10x cooler and more sporty than the American one.

If HCPI is smart, then they should bring the RB1 here.

Bringing the American version would spell DOOM for people who want more Japanese-branded premium minivans/mpvs.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    miogimd, were you able to ask the name of the color of that Pilot test unit? Ganda, I like that shade of green, reminds me of the '98 Accord (Eucalyptus Green?).

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by miogimd View Post
    HCPI knows its not going to sell in volumes like their Civic and CRV. Much to the chagrin of Honda's top honcho, they already studied our excise tax laws and rules on importing CBU cars from the US. The Alabama plant will start grinding this September, then shipped to Japan, before reaching our shores hanging around customs about a month before delivery.

Plans are afoot to bring the Odyssey as well, but wait and see muna HCPI with the Pilot, then its going to be the same arrangement...limited bulk orders. I've been sent feelers that reservation fee is 100k, earliest this October.

"Function over form", I like that...same premise why I chose the 02 CRV over the 02 RAV4, space carried a premium.

As regards to the test drive, depends kanino naka loan ngayon ang Pilot. Honda Cars Marikina currently has it so you can make an inquiry when you can have a test drive. I signified my intention during the Honda event in Glorietta and my classmate(kinder to 4th year HS), a branch manager, immediately signed me in. I got lucky. And since its the only one here in the country, test drives for the Pilot are "personalized". They'll bring the car to your house and drive it anywhere(as gas allows)you want. Heck, I originally wanted to bring the Pilot all the way sa Tagaytay Highlands and they said..YES! Something came up though, kaya I had to settle driving at C5, the Fort and EDSA.
    Wow, that's a good test drive policy which gives out more than ample road time on the test vehicle for proper evaluation. But I would feel bad, if I have no serious intention of buying the vehicle but yet I still drove it that far for fun. That is just me.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    2.6M Honda. Pricey!!!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    2.6M Honda. Pricey!!!
    That converts to $52K * $1=Php50 . A fully loaded Acura version can be had for $40K-42K inclusive of taxes and the Pilot for $10K less. Damn whoever buys that thing must really like Honda to pay that much. I could get the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 and have money leftover or 2 CX-7 for the $52K price tag of the Pilot.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
2006 Honda Pilot test drive