New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Nope. From my experience with my Lancer EX (fitted with camera and sensors), the sensors were more useful.

Camera lacked any depth perception so you can only use the camera to see if there is anything in the way but not how far is it. The sensors would also tell you the same info, something is in the way and the tones will tell you approximately how far it is.
    Right! Camera lacks that depth perception but at least it sees whats blocking. Sensors cannot see, it can only detect and warn you even a single 1/3 foot tall weeds or soft object on an uneven surface. Having both is an advantage.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by osvn2002 View Post
    Right! Camera lacks that depth perception but at least it sees whats blocking. Sensors cannot see, it can only detect and warn you even a single 1/3 foot tall weeds or soft object on an uneven surface. Having both is an advantage.

True, having both is an advantage but I have made it a habit that before I back up my ASX, I first take a quick scan of the path my ASX would probably take for any objects in the way. In that way, the camera has become redundant and has even become a distraction for my attention on the mirrors.

I guess to each his own way or method.

----------------

OT: what I want to do with the video input on the HU is to install a night sensitive camera in FRONT, maybe hidden within the grill. I could also install additional IR sources to boost the range and area the camera can see at night. The result is I can see in front of the car even if ALL visible lights on the car and surrounding area are turned off.

I know it's kinda pointless and much more useful to install brighter headlights/foglights but it is cool to have such a feature on one's car. Almost like having super powers. hehehe!
    Last edited by ghosthunter; July 8th, 2011 at 05:25 PM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    *GH... Thanks... ask ko lang kung ilang degrees ang angle ng camera mo?
    *OSVN... Thanks din.. mag-kano score mo sa Reverse Cam mo? Kasi sa Peak Motors 8.5k ang Cam labor included at sa monday nila install.

Having both sensor and cam is an advantage.... maganda sa head on parking para pag reverse mo kita mo kung may incoming na sasakyan bago ka umatras...well depende sa kung ilang degrees ang angle ng cam...sana 180 deg. Kung reverse parking naman mas madali.

4. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rensom View Post
    *OSVN... Thanks din.. mag-kano score mo sa Reverse Cam mo? Kasi sa Peak Motors 8.5k ang Cam labor included at sa monday nila install.

Having both sensor and cam is an advantage.... maganda sa head on parking para pag reverse mo kita mo kung may incoming na sasakyan bago ka umatras...well depende sa kung ilang degrees ang angle ng cam...sana 180 deg. Kung reverse parking naman mas madali.
    I got it for $46... degree angle 120.... with IR nite vision within 5~10 meters. Dont know how much they would charge me for install.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rensom View Post

Having both sensor and cam is an advantage
    .... maganda sa head on parking para pag reverse mo kita mo kung may incoming na sasakyan bago ka umatras...well depende sa kung ilang degrees ang angle ng cam...sana 180 deg. Kung reverse parking naman mas madali.

That is what I also thought when I first had the backup sensors and camera installed. But the more I used the system, the more I ignored the camera's image when I was backing up.

BTW, I think there is few (if any) backup camera that has a 180 degree view. Also a view from a very wide angle camera would distort the image so bad that it would be impossible to understand. The widest, I think is, around 110 degrees.

I think the camera I had before had a 70 degree view angle.

---------------------------------
    Update:

Oops! I just saw some ads (online shops) with backup cams with 170 degrees.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; July 8th, 2011 at 09:49 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by osvn2002 View Post
    I got it for $46... degree angle 120.... with IR nite vision within 5~10 meters. Dont know how much they would charge me for install.
    Is your camera the one designed to fit the ASX or is it a generic backup camera?

7. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Is your camera the one designed to fit the ASX or is it a generic backup camera?
    It was designed to fit the ASX. You would notice under license plate portion there is a blank hole space covered, I think this is for rear view camera. Mine is different, I change the left portion orig license plate light housing and replace with light house with camera attached. I still maintain the original license plate light bulb inside the housing. There is also a rear view camera that would fit the open space reserve for it. Had I waited a little bit longer I would have bought that one instead of the other.

8. Join Date
    May 2011
    moderator please delete this for double post.
    Last edited by osvn2002; July 14th, 2011 at 04:44 PM. Reason: double posting

9. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Hi,

I got my ASX. Unfortunately, until now I can't find accessories for it. Anybody knows where I can buy....

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jdevaughn View Post
    Hi,

I got my ASX. Unfortunately, until now I can't find accessories for it. Anybody knows where I can buy....
    You can check the main Mitsu ASX discussion thread.

LINK: http://tsikot.com/forums/mitsubishi-...ossover-73363/

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Mitsubishi ASX Accessories