New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by emong3
    kung wala siya DL pero may TVR na hindi expired that is considered as a valid DL.
    as the thread starter said:

Quote Originally Posted by bender
    He was ticketed for a traffic violation near the same road before. The ticket was no longer valid as a proxy for a driver license as it already beyond the time allotted for redeeming it.

i had no intentions of hitting him at all. when he was able to pass me, i didn't really intended to pursue him anymore but he waited for me and really wanted to prove his point. Eh, thought he already did but he intentionally braked when i didn't expect it. hence, the hit. To be honest, the misaligned bumper wouldn't cost much at all but he went out of the car and tried to intimidate me. Couldn't let that one pass. I have to admit that my emotions got the best of me once he confronted me. If i kept my cool, i could have noticed that he was somewhat drunk and also that he didn't have a license.
    this complicates the things, driving without license, drunk driving, grave threat(?!) and claiming as a policeman(when you're really not).

Quote Originally Posted by vinj
    What would matter is he didnt have his license although the traffic ticket he has can probably serve as one until claimed... i think there's an expiry to that though (maybe others can shed light on this).
    there is an expiry sir. i think it's 7 working days from the day of the issue.

any updates? dapat dyan sa mokong na yan, turuan ng leksyon...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_rex View Post

there is an expiry sir. i think it's 7 working days from the day of the issue.
    AFAIK, 72 hours lang effectivity ng TOP from issuance.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    the best talaga is defensive driving.. better forget him and get your car rapaired.. tama ng sabi ni pox baka masamang pulis yan kung anu pa gawin sau after.. or kung determined ka talaga na may mangyari sa mokong na yan better seek help of the local authority.. imbestigador?? hehe. o kung may kakilala ka na tga NBI or any..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    please correct me if i'm wrong pero the driving without a DL is a separate infraction from the collision. kapag umabot yan sa piskal, ang paguusapan niyo lang ay ang collision, tapos ang driving without a DL is between the state and the person. ultimately, doctrine of last clear chance pa din malamang ang mangingibabaw.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheus08 View Post
    AFAIK, 72 hours lang effectivity ng TOP from issuance.
    thank you for the clarification. di kasi ako na-ticketan pa kahit kelan...

:2thumbsup:
    Last edited by ian_rex; March 23rd, 2007 at 05:16 AM.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_rex View Post
    thank you for the clarification. di kasi ako na-ticketan pa kahit kelan...

:2thumbsup:
    Dati kasi, (mid 1990's), 7 days nga ang redemption period ng license pag na-ticketan ka. May officemate ako nun, sinamahan ko pa sa QC Hall to redeem his license. Nahuli ng QC Traffic boys, kulay pula pa yung uniform nila nun (unlike ngayon na dilaw)

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth View Post
    please correct me if i'm wrong pero the driving without a DL is a separate infraction from the collision. kapag umabot yan sa piskal, ang paguusapan niyo lang ay ang collision, tapos ang driving without a DL is between the state and the person. ultimately, doctrine of last clear chance pa din malamang ang mangingibabaw.
    The doctrine of "last clear chance" has been rejected by our Supreme Court since 1987. In a civil law jurisdiction such as the Philippines, the Courts are tasked to determine whose negligence is the proximate cause of the injury. The nature of the act or omission of each party and the gravity of the risks created by such act or omission are the factors which are taken into account and not "intervening time" to avoid harm.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung walang drivers license, batukan mo sir haha, jk...driving without license, kahit anong ikaso nya sayo kung wala nman syang lisensya, walang bearing dahil in the 1st place, dapat wala sya sa kalye kung walang lisensya

9. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    The doctrine of "last clear chance" has been rejected by our Supreme Court since 1987. In a civil law jurisdiction such as the Philippines, the Courts are tasked to determine whose negligence is the proximate cause of the injury. The nature of the act or omission of each party and the gravity of the risks created by such act or omission are the factors which are taken into account and not "intervening time" to avoid harm.
    thanks for the clarification. i stand (or sit) corrected

10. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Anong kinalaman ng job nya as a policeman sa aksidente na nangyari?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
XLT 355 - Taking things too far.