New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    one of my trucks recently was involved in an accident from a vehicle behind it. my truck was making a turn at an intersection and its rear bumper accidentally grazes the front turn signal lght of the vehicle following behind it. the damage caused a broken turn signal light and light scratches to the front fender of the following vehicle. the owner demanded that my driver pay for the damages. is my driver at fault? trucks are known to have a wide turning radius and the rear bumper or tail of trucks or large vehicles usually "swings" as they execute a turn. my take on this is the driver behind should've anticipated this and not follow closely (tutok) to a truck making a turn.who is right in this scenario?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    You're right in that the car behind you was too close and did not provide enough room for your truck to maneuver.

Tell your driver not to pay anything, since he's not at fault.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    apparently, the car behind the truck is at fault but you need to check also the investigator's report. meantime, give instructions to your driver not to pay any...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Di niya follow ang 2 second rule. Kasalanan niya yan.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There is a rule that states you have to give enough space between you and the vehicle in front of you. Clearly enough, the car behind was at fault for tail-gating.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    simple lang:
    "Distansya Amigo"
    common signs seen behind trucks..even small trucks like elf trucks.
    pero kahit wala, alam na dapat ganun.

some trucks also has warning signs saying that don't get near them while making a turn.
    But im puzzled coz the sign has a pic of a bicycle with a cross sign..

just don't pay anything muna
    good luck.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Other points to consider:

Was your driver in the correct lane before turning?
    Did your driver explicitly signal his intention to turn?
    What direction was your truck turning into?
    Was the vehicle that came into contact with your truck on the 'inside' line or the 'outside' line of the truck's turn?

Sometimes I also get surprised. I'm minding my own business, just sitting on traffic on the other lane (left rear) of a long vehicle when it suddenly turns right and the tail end swings towards me. Wala akong kalaban laban, I'm just minding my own. Hindi naman ako si madam auring. So far naiiwasa ko pa naman.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    Wag kang masyadong dumikit baka ika'y sumabit. Aba eh!, sumabit nga.

Hindi na kasalanan yong truck driver yan. At saka may mga insurance naman kayo, bakit hindi yong insurance ang habulin niya at hindi yong driver na halos iksakto lang ang kita para sa araw araw na ika bubuhay.

Dapat yong driver ninyo ang magdimanda. Palabasin ninyo na siyay nagkaroon ng nervous breakdown dahil sa aksidente.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    the one at fault is the car at the rear. siya ang ma ka kita so he could have taken measures to avoid the accident. rules yan na bago sa traffic accidents. like for example na i cut ka, the car at the back can see the car cutting so he has a chance to avoid the cutting car. this instance the truck driver does not have a clear view of the car following him on his blind side, the following car could have stopped or evaded the rear of the truck since he has a clear view.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    regarding the accident, i was given an erroneous report of how things happened. turns out the accident happened as my driver was making a left turn at an intersection and the other vehicle was at the left side of the intersection.the rear bumper of the truck struck the left signal light of the L300 pickup. the pickup was moving forward even though the traffic light is red. a lot of bystanders saw the incident, my driver excercised caution when making the turn and gave enough space so that the truck won't hit the vehicle. unfortunately the vehicle kept moving forward so the trucks rear bumper struck the left signal light and grazed little part of the left front fender, unfortunately again both parties failed to get a police report as the driver of the L300 pickup was in a hurry. just yesterday he was pestering my driver and demanded that he be paid the damages.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
who's at fault??