New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    pwede ito, pero hindi na ako magrerenew pagkatapos ng 10 days para makuha ko yung 20k hehe.

seriously, this is an obvious scam, who would even believe that kind of thing, ika nga "that is too good to be true". another modus of a swindler.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    ALWAYS remember...
    If it's too good to be true, it's not true.

Nakakasilaw talaga yung offer, lalo na may papers, signed by a lawyer, & very proffesional ang approach.

Ang style pa madalas sa ganyan, very urgent at mamadaliin ka...tipong pag di mo kunin ngayon offer namin, sa iba nalang namin ibibigay.

Pero pag ganyan you should take your time. If they won't give you time to think about it, stay away.

Investigate or, at least, do a background check. Madali naman kunin number ng supposed hotel na involved.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Always have your contracts bonded.(surety)
    Pag hindi pumasa sa 5 insurance co. ang kausap ninyo,
    walk away.
    Last edited by mark_t; September 30th, 2010 at 06:30 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Something like a quick verification call to the hotel they mentioned may have helped avoid that headache.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    agree ako doon, if it's too good to be true, chances are it ain't true.

i really woudn't say na greed yun because, as far as i understand, they were offered the amount, they didn't demand for it. if an offer seemed too high, would you ask the person offering to lower it to make it moral? going for high yielding investments ba mean na greedy ka?

sa hirap ng buhay ngayon, i don't see anything wrong with wanting to earn as much as possible from an investment. ang nakikita kong mali ng investor was that they did not take the proper precautions. if you look at it properly, hindi naman siya easy money because those involved invested their cars -which is not cheap. and hindi siya zero risk kasi may investment sila na ipinasok. ang zero risk ay iyong wala kang puhunan o kaya ay may bond kayo for the amount of the investment.

i don't mean to argue, but labelling these people as greedy might be too harsh. foolish pwede pa siguro but i wouldn't say greedy.

pax et bonum!

p.s. you guys might also want to check this out: http://www.gmanews.tv/video/67004/24...a-kotse39-scam

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Warning: Car Rental Scam