New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Ii'm a biker myself and we call these crazies pasaway. But bear in mind too that so many cars and SUVs and minor politicians use unauthorized wangwangs for their own selfish interests. It's the way of life in our streets and it sucks.

Stay cool on the road and when you reach home safely, you'd be happy you did!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    Ii'm a biker myself and we call these crazies pasaway. But bear in mind too that so many cars and SUVs and minor politicians use unauthorized wangwangs for their own selfish interests. It's the way of life in our streets and it sucks.
    I agree with you on that. There are just too many cars and bikes that are unauthorized siren users. How to crackdown on them? I really think it's an issue of political will on the part of the law enforcing bodies. As regards politicians, who think they're above the law, who use sirens, I think the way to go after them is not through regular law enforcement channels, rather through command responsibility. Enforcement should be from the top. Nga lang, masyadong feel nung nasa itaas yung posisyon niya. Oh well.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    I experienced this earlier this year as well. I was following a barebone bike with a backrider and it was lowered. Once we crossed a hump on the street he slowed down since he was lowered. Since he was hogging the road I honked once to signify my intent to pass. Then I did. Little did I know that the rider took offense and tried to run after me, trying to overtake from my right side/sidewalk. My wife who was with me at that time told me to ignore them, and so I did. A few hundred meters later he turned on his sirens. I still kept on driving since he was behind me. When I was about to turn right to enter our street, the guy blocked the left front side of my car and dismounted from his bike and began shouting invectives at me, I noticed that he was young and does not look like anybody of authority. My wife was scared and tried to talk to the guy, but I told her to leave the talking to me.

Then I rolled down my windows, and asked what the problem was. He was asking why I was in a hurry and why didn't I stop when he sounded his siren.
    Then I asked him "bakit pulis kaba?" then he showed me a ring (I have no idea what ring it was. Then I told him alam mo ba na bawal yang wang-wang? wala ka pang helmet. Kung gusto mo ayusin natin sa presinto para maganda ang usapan. After that he left in a hurry, that I was not able to take down his plate number. I had to admit that I was scared that he might have a weapon with him and all I had in my hand was a puny little mace. Still I kept my composure. Sayang lang at hindi natuloy sa presinto.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    sana makatapat ng totoong mga pulis yan para instant huli

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hi edTV

Maybe he wanted to show you that he was a member of the Green Latern Corps! :superhero2:

:rofl:

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    What if you replied, "Eh ako rin may sing-sing oh!"

safety first! kung loko-loko ang ibang motorista sa daan wag sana uminit ang ulo mo kasi sigurado pati ikaw mapapahamak... laging alalahanin may mga nagmamahal syo na naghihintay... hayaan mo ang mga pasaway sa daan.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by edTV View Post
    I experienced this earlier this year as well. I was following a barebone bike with a backrider and it was lowered. Once we crossed a hump on the street he slowed down since he was lowered. Since he was hogging the road I honked once to signify my intent to pass. Then I did. Little did I know that the rider took offense and tried to run after me, trying to overtake from my right side/sidewalk. My wife who was with me at that time told me to ignore them, and so I did. A few hundred meters later he turned on his sirens. I still kept on driving since he was behind me. When I was about to turn right to enter our street, the guy blocked the left front side of my car and dismounted from his bike and began shouting invectives at me, I noticed that he was young and does not look like anybody of authority. My wife was scared and tried to talk to the guy, but I told her to leave the talking to me.

Then I rolled down my windows, and asked what the problem was. He was asking why I was in a hurry and why didn't I stop when he sounded his siren.
    Then I asked him "bakit pulis kaba?" then he showed me a ring (I have no idea what ring it was. Then I told him alam mo ba na bawal yang wang-wang? wala ka pang helmet. Kung gusto mo ayusin natin sa presinto para maganda ang usapan. After that he left in a hurry, that I was not able to take down his plate number. I had to admit that I was scared that he might have a weapon with him and all I had in my hand was a puny little mace. Still I kept my composure. Sayang lang at hindi natuloy sa presinto.
    Hah! The mere mention of "presinto" and he runs for the hills. Sinubukan lang manindak ang mokong. Pero siya ang nasindak Serves him right.

Why didn't you stop when he sounded his siren? Hahaha! Was he authorized to have a siren in the first place? Did he look like a person of authority? A person of the law? I'm a little hazy here, pero may standard issue na underbone na pala ang PNP? At pwede pala tong i-lower?

Oh, and he didn't have a helmet. And what was he flashing, a ring? Ayos! Makikita mo nga naman sa malayo. Baka college ring na napulot niya yun.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    What if you replied, "Eh ako rin may sing-sing oh!"
    Pat, mas matindi yung ring ko, Wedding ring

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by edTV View Post

Baka tinanung mo kung married na siya at wedding ring yun pinakita sa iyo :D
    IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE ninyo nalang sila. After a situation like that you'll be glad di mo pinatulan yun pag nasa bahay kana. May nag cucut naman na naka motor pero alam mo yun "safe" cut dun sa dangerous one. Hirap dito sa pinas pag kasalanan nila ikaw pa magdala sa hospital, mag pa libing and all. And this is not confine to motorcycle riding people but to pedestrains and motorist alike.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
WANG-WANGerong MGA NAKA MOTOR