New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Just noticed it a few days ago.

Bwisit. Again we have trains of cars U-turning and merging four lanes in just twenty meters... grabe nanaman yung traffic!

It boggles the mind how the MMDA can compromise the safety and travel time of thousands of motorists just for the convenience of a few hundred.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Its a big big street. I'm wondering why they had to close off that intersection. Ok naman lagyan ng stop light jan.
    Last edited by istan; February 11th, 2007 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Nagtitipid ata sila ng kuryente...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by squala View Post
    Actually, the U-turn slot in Ford/BMW Libis has already been reopened. Looks like many motorists complained.
    yep, it's been reopened and trafic has worsened in both directions. bumalik na rin yung mga ogags mag maneho from eastwood, deretso sa gitna ng e.rod paglabas ng eastwood. ang magtatayo na sila ng ped-overpass, right in front of eastwood where the jeepneys usually make an illegal terminal.

the two u-turn slots in front of ford must be closed, specially the 2nd one drivers going into eastwood via the side street simply just dart into oncoming traffic then jeeps again block the side street, causing vehicles to zigzag each other.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yep, rush hour traffic just got worse in the area once more.

Whatta no-brained move to open it up again since there is a proper u-turn just down the road, under the flyover and motorist were already learning how to use it without forcing a u-turn on the wrong slot.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    just came from libis, heavy traffic all the way from ortigas to eastwood,

cause: 3 vehicle pile-up in front of eastwood, a balck b12 sentra, taxi, and adventure. tapos dun pa din mga jeep walang paki alam at nakaharang pa din. naging 2 lanes na lang yung daan, tapos yung pinaka malapit sa island medyo masikip dahil sa banggaan.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    i remember seeing something on tv about u turn slots... the concept daw is to keep the flow of traffic constant, kahit na medyo mabagal... compared to stop lights na mas mabilis nga pero patigil-tigil naman, and nagkaka-problema pa minsan kapag high volume of traffic and cars are still in the middle of the intersection when the lights change. i think it was BF himself who was being interviewed about this... makes sense to me

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    saka sana me mga visible signs lalo na sa gabi..delikado sa mga motorist.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bbt View Post
    i remember seeing something on tv about u turn slots... the concept daw is to keep the flow of traffic constant, kahit na medyo mabagal... compared to stop lights na mas mabilis nga pero patigil-tigil naman, and nagkaka-problema pa minsan kapag high volume of traffic and cars are still in the middle of the intersection when the lights change. i think it was BF himself who was being interviewed about this... makes sense to me
    Yeah but can't they remove that jeep terminal? Make those jeep wait inside eastwood, ikot sila sa rotonda. Ok nga sana U-turn slots nila, but kung aayusin naman sana nila. Ilahat na nila. (ie. Alisin ang terminal jan at ipasok sa daan na di nakakasagabal)

I don't know why..but usually, PUV/PUBs gravitate towards U-turn slots. Kung saan may U-turn slot, dun sila hihinto making a choke point "chokier"

Dito sa amin, sa taft, sinisigawan ko lahat ng jeep na nakasagabal sa daan na tumabi. 2 lanes na nga ang daan, gusto pang huminto at magantay ng pasahero on the only lane left for us to move. Hataw naman di ba... 1 Lane na nga for them to wait...tapus yun isa ng jeep, oovertake kunwari, tapus hihinto sa tabi nya...mag hihintay rin.

Pag ako naging Mayor dito sa amin. Aalisin ko illegal terminal, bawal hinto sa maling lugar ng mga jeep, FINE P500. Hanggang sa 3rd violation. After that 3 months suspension. In my view, ang mga di marunong sumunod sa batas kalye, humanap na lang ng ibang trabaho.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    true, true. hindi lang naman sa u-turn slot problema ang mga illegal jeepney (and tricycle, bus, taxi) terminals. dapat talaga alisin ang lahat ng mga yan sa kalsada

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    If the reopening proves to create more clogging, then the slot should be transferred, but not reclosed such that we have to go all the way under the far far flyover.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Very Long U-Turn Intervals