New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 318
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    22,710
    #151
    It's mostly initial reports that said the vehicles were racing. It's hard to get accurate accounts from witnesses right after an accident, as they often report facts incorrectly. Due to the sudden-ness of the incident, and the dramatic ending of it, some eyewitnesses may actually construct false memories to fill in the blanks. This is often the problem with an investigation into an incident of this nature.

    The report that the two vehicles were "cutting each other" could've stemmed from the fact that the Fortuner swerved both ways before hitting the Trooper, and the report that they were "racing" could've been pure speculation. With the rooster tail of mist and water behind cars in wet conditions, it can often appear that they're going faster than they actually are.

    Of course, they could've been going anywhere between 80 - 120 km/h, for all we know... but then, that's something for the lawyers to work out...

    Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

  2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    4,866
    #152
    frankly, i don't give diddly squat on the specs of the fortuner. it all boils down to how the driver controls it, at any given condition.

    once the laws of physics take over...you better pray you don't bring anyone down with you.

    an ounce of prevention is better than a [SIZE="6"]pound[/SIZE] of cure.

  3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    4,866
    #153
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Just wondering, was Quintal really speeding? There seem to be lots of conflicting reports. Some say he was speeding and some claim he wasn't speeding. Btw, was the incident because of driver error or machine failure or both.
    the fortuner should have at least one ecu part monitoring and logging speed right? i sure hope it does.

  4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    17,335
    #154
    Quote Originally Posted by vicoyski View Post
    Guys, let's not be quick to judge...

    We found out from experts here that we don't have to speed that much in order to hydroplane. Maaring below the speed limit sila when the accident happend. It may be that the road and weather conditions just conspired against the drivers involved.

    Ingat na lang talaga tayo mga partners, especially when driving during inclement weather.

    I definitely agree with this... don't judge as we werent even there when the whole thing happened. I've also experienced hydroplaning and slipping the rear end of my pick-up on different occassions and there really are circumstances when it comes without warning and even at a generally acceptable speed.

    Honestly it doesnt seem right to throw the judgement and even verbally hit on the supposed culprit just based on what is seen on this thread, heard from your neighbor's cousin and on the news... Tao naman tayong lahat diba? Of course there is impact as the person involved is said to be the EIC of C! Mag but hey let's wait and see to hear all sides, let justice take it's course, and learn from the incident right?

    My two cents...
    Last edited by vinj; October 11th, 2006 at 11:47 PM.

  5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    840
    #155
    Fortuner ulit ang involve sa accident? Di ba may mga posting na rin dati na Fortuner din ang involve sa accident? Pang ilan na kaya ito? Tibay ng Trooper!

  6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,089
    #156
    Quote Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
    Fortuner ulit ang involve sa accident? Di ba may mga posting na rin dati na Fortuner din ang involve sa accident? Pang ilan na kaya ito? Tibay ng Trooper!
    The other Fortuner you are referring to, got T-boned by a jeep.

  7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,231
    #157
    Quote Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
    Fortuner ulit ang involve sa accident? Di ba may mga posting na rin dati na Fortuner din ang involve sa accident? Pang ilan na kaya ito? Tibay ng Trooper!
    Uy, may nagbibilang... Trooper ba binibilang mo pati?

    Check-out the pic. A passenger at the 3rd row would still be safe... The glass didn't break, eh... Wouldn't you say the rear crumple zone did its job?

  8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    8,837
    #158
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc GM View Post

    BTW it can't be murder because there was no premeditation of the crime... only homicide will do with multiple physical injuries...

    the term would be reckless imprudence resulting to homicide. mintik na ako magkaroon ng police record na ganyan dati when I ran off somebody in coastal.

    to the driver of the Fortuner, I believe he's speeding. it's common knowledge naman to slow down na basta umulan. even yun ambon lang, mas delikado pa nga eh.

    if he's running only at 40kph or below, hindi kakayanin ng speed na yun na itulak ang massive trooper.

  9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    8,837
    #159
    Quote Originally Posted by Driv3er View Post
    if i remember correctly, si Kenneth Quintal yung editor sa C! na nagsulat na he would rather drive fast and go beyond the speed limit than waste an extra 11 mins. per trip due to driving within the speed limit. This saves him 10 hours per month ata? I can't rememeber. I may be wrong though...
    people who believe in this bullshit never met an accident pa or just plain daredevil. there is counter argument to this silly rule: haste makes waste.

  10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    403
    #160
    poor guy who died on the jeep..he never knew what hit em! RIP

Vehicle falls from Skyway; 4 injured